New to Play by Post

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 31, 2015 1:49 pm
Hello there.

I am new to this but very interested. I only really have maybe a year of really playing tabletop games. Started last year eith Edge Of Empire (still playing) and currently DMing a D&D 4e small group.

I am interested in playing both. I am mostly silly in my characters however I can be serious if I make a serious character.

I am probably going to lurk for awhile to try to understand how this works but i look forward to playing with some of you.

Game on

Kurt
Jul 31, 2015 2:46 pm
Welcome Kjmagle! Take your time getting comfortable with the site; there are plenty of things you can do before you get involved, like making and adding characters to the character library, adding music, or just reading some of the public games to get a hang of it. And of course, there are a number of more general conversations you can participate in while you figure out your gaming interest!
Jul 31, 2015 6:47 pm
Hello and welcome Kjmagle. I haven't seen new D&D 4e games for a while, but I'm playing in a D&D 4e game right now (Dragon Pool), and maybe the DM ShadowFire would be open to another player. You can PM her and ask. We're not too deep into the plot as it's only 2 posts per week and we've been playing for about 2 months. I would say the game is probably more serious than silly, though my character brings (a Heavy Metal Drow Bard) does bring an element of silliness to the table. I also like silly games - that could maybe be an opening if you want to brave it as a DM. I'd be up for a silly 4e game! :-)
Jul 31, 2015 7:34 pm
harlandski says:
Hello and welcome Kjmagle. I haven't seen new D&D 4e games for a while, but I'm playing in a D&D 4e game right now (Dragon Pool), and maybe the DM ShadowFire would be open to another player. You can PM her and ask. We're not too deep into the plot as it's only 2 posts per week and we've been playing for about 2 months. I would say the game is probably more serious than silly, though my character brings (a Heavy Metal Drow Bard) does bring an element of silliness to the table. I also like silly games - that could maybe be an opening if you want to brave it as a DM. I'd be up for a silly 4e game! :-)
I might. I want to read some of these to get the hang of it. I never tried 3.5, 5 , or pathfinder yet because the podcasts that i listen to (dungeons & distractions, the distractions podcast:the pack, & Dungeons & Randomness) all play 4e. So i learned from that.

As for being a DM I would have to see how this is done. Maybe after olaying a game I would try it. I will try to PM her maybe over the weekend.

I was thinking up a a character i want to play some time

A warforge that can not admit he is a warforge so he puts on paint that looks flesh color, however he does it himself so it looks really bad especially in the back because he can't reach it so allot of spots are not painted.

He also acts like he eats food, drinks water, sleep, even go to the bathroom.

He is in super denial.

Then again i could play the super serious cleric palaidin type too.
Jul 31, 2015 7:42 pm
... please make this denial warforged, put it into the library, and give me more incentive to add the "like" feature to library characters :)
Jul 31, 2015 9:46 pm
Keleth says:
... please make this denial warforged, put it into the library, and give me more incentive to add the "like" feature to library characters :)
Lol i will try to write something up with weekend. I don't hought it up a couple days ago and it has so many funny roleplaying and action possibilites.
Last edited July 31, 2015 9:46 pm
Aug 3, 2015 3:44 pm
Ok he is a quick back story for the Warfordged. I haven't figured out what class he wilm be yet but most likely a fighter class. Maybe a seeker or avenger?

Nickalia Von Seydewitz Comes from a very upper class family.
Nickalia descided to travel the lands and adventure to spread the notoriety of his family name.
His adventures we spoken from town to town.

His last adventure he was battling a sorcerer in a deep underground dugeon. He was taunting the Sorcerer as they battled. He belittled and kept speaking about how the Von Seydewitz name was more powerful then the child magics of the Sorcery. This made the Evil Sorcerer extremely mad and he disappeared in a ball of light which flashed and engulfed the whole room.

Nickalia had passed out and when he woke up he there was a note on his chest plate "Your soul is a hollow as your armor. Enjoy eternity being one and the same"

Nickalia stood up to an empty room covered in dust and cobwebs. He began dusting himself off and tried to remove his armor. The armor would not remove. No matter what he did he could not remove it.

He tried to get out of the dungeon but he was sealed up. He spent the next couple of years by himself trying to dig out of the dugeon. Without anyone to talk with he slowly went mad. The reality he once knew was no more. He started talking to himself and answering himself. He never noticed that he never needed food or water.

Finally one day he was able break through the ground. Excited and happy he pulled himself out of the hole and danced around. Laughing and singing he noticed some people from the road were saying at him. He stopped and started to appoach then hiwever they screamed and ran away.

This confused him but he descided to start walking. Soon he came upon a river. He saw the water and thought that he should be thirsty and water sounds really good. He ran to the water and started to scoop the water into his mouth quicky, when he saw his reflection. He saw a Warfordged. He started to touch his faces as he looked at himself. Shocked he realized what happen... And then completely went mad. He stood up and strted waving his hands "NO! NO! NO! THIS CAN NEVER HAPPEN TO A VON SEYDEWITZ!" He started getting mud from the river and smearing on his face to try covering up the armor until the face is covered and then he will start laughing hysterically.

Playing this character will have to be in denial that he is a Warfordged. Time has passed since the river scene.

He will not acknowledge that he is a Warfordged and just say his armor is stuck on.

He will have painted face and body that is done to look like flesh. Not to bad in the front but gets worse at the back because can't reach spots. When in town he will always look for more paint.

He will eat food with the group and announce that he is hungry. He will spend money on rations.

He will drink water and announce he is thirsty.

He will be loud to excuse himself to pee and make bowel movement.

He will also act they he so tired and needs sleep. He will make snoring noises that sound really fake.

He will act that he is hot when it is hot out or cold when it is cold out. He will wipe fake sweat and shake if chilly.

He will act out of breath if running.

If he is in water he will act like he is drowing if head under water.

Also he will talk about Von Seydewitz like everyone should know it however no one will. When he awoke in the dungeon it was 500 years later.
Last edited August 3, 2015 4:18 pm
Aug 3, 2015 4:07 pm
Reminds me of Al from Full Metal Alchemist.
Aug 3, 2015 4:17 pm
Keleth says:
Reminds me of Al from Full Metal Alchemist.
If this guy can do that alchemy like Al then it would be super sweet. I dont think Al was in denial though but this guy would be more of make a show of doing things to try to convince others he is human but he does a really bad job of it because he is "crazy".
Aug 3, 2015 4:21 pm
Ok, Al from FMA meets the Koloss from the Mistborn Triology.
Aug 3, 2015 4:36 pm
Haha this is awesome, Kjmagle! Welcome to the site! I'm in Dragon Pool with harlandski. It'd be awesome to have you join us, or if not then maybe a fresh game if somebody starts one :-) You're going to love it here! I know I do :-D
Last edited August 3, 2015 4:37 pm
Aug 3, 2015 5:10 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Haha this is awesome, Kjmagle! Welcome to the site! I'm in Dragon Pool with harlandski. It'd be awesome to have you join us, or if not then maybe a fresh game if somebody starts one :-) You're going to love it here! I know I do :-D
Thank you. I am still getting things together. I have been busy with work and my other groups however i am going to read your gane and then pm the dm and see what is needed.

Also i am open to most things. I have all the pdf versions of the books. Just have to sit down and read them.

I also found a site with the old Marvel Rpgs but it is so hard to create a character.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.