Old PnP RPGer Looking to rekindle the old magic

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 23, 2018 9:37 pm
Hey all. I used to play PnP RPGs back in the late 70's, through the 80's and just into the 90's.

Started with Basic D&D then dabbled through the likes of Advanced D&D, Middle Earth RPG, Traveller, Runequest (particular favourite!!) and Champions before settling pretty heavily on Rolemaster. Loved RPGs and played weekly for years.

Then kids happened!! Brilliant, don't get me wrong, but led to the death of my RPGing.

Kids now grown up and leave me to do what I want - even if the missus doesn't :)

Still read through the odd RPG manual for fun and have most of the systems mentioned above stored on the back of my garage though I don't know if they have survived and I daren't look!

Was just flicking through the D&D 5e rules and idly remembered playing some PBM games back in the days of bulletin boards and thought that there must be a modern equivalent. Quick google later and here I am.

Really fancy the more laid back feel that PbP seems to offer. Really want to get back into GMing at some point but probably potter as player for a bit first.

Bit rambling but you'll be pleased to know I'm finished :)
May 23, 2018 10:28 pm
Nice intro! Welcome to our community.
May 23, 2018 10:36 pm
Welcome whiplash! I'm actually a bit surprised you found us though Google. Lost I checked, we didn't rank anywhere meaningful on any PbP searches. Hope you find a game that pulls you back in! If you have PbM experience, you already know PbP can be slower, so don't get frustrated early!
May 23, 2018 10:45 pm
Welcome Whiplash. Glad to see a fellow Rolemaster devotee here. Hoping someday to play that one again.
May 23, 2018 11:29 pm
Welcome to the community, whiplash, and welcome back to the hobby! I hope you find a game soon to bring the magic back! :-)
May 23, 2018 11:59 pm
Keleth says:
I'm actually a bit surprised you found us though Google
I think it was via a reddit thread found via google. in any case I got here and so far seems like a good choice :)
Aug 18, 2018 10:07 pm
I don't know about being up high on search engine lists, but I found you too! And... what Whiplash said. It's been a long time since I played, and longer since I had a face to face group however the itch is still there. And it has reached the point where it refuses to be ignored any longer. It's been two years since I got the new DnD 5e books as a Christmas present and almost 18 months since I started bringing my world back to life. Now.... it needs suckers... I mean people.... willing to walk its lands.

Okay... it's been way too long and my inner nerd needs out....

You do not have permission to post in this thread.