Both New & Not New

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 6, 2018 8:55 pm
Hello everyone! I'm new in the sense this is my first day on this website (And hadn't heard of it until I was searching for additional PbP websites today), but I'm not new to roleplaying or (certain forms) of tabletop rpgs. DND 3.5 was my first step into TTRPG when I was in my teens. Unfortunately, I've only ever participated in one game face-to-face over ten years ago, but it was fantastic and I've been seeking to participate in another game of DND ever since then. I should note I have participated in a small handful of other games online, including a VOIP one based over Roll20 and a couple PbPs, but none of them ever went far due to other group members losing interest. Since I don't really have the option of finding another group in person, PbP seems the perfect solution and so I'm trying very hard to get into a game and start playing again!

3.5e is the system I'm most familiar with, though after coming back to DnD after such a long hiatus, I'm trying my hand at DnD 5e as well. I am also interested in learning how the Vampire: The Masquerade system works as that world is also very neat to me. I'm a fan of the less human/generic races in games, my favorites being Gnoll, Tiefling, and Lizardfolk and enjoy most playing with an open DM/Group. I'm also particularly fond of drama or dark settings, but don't mind just simple adventure or even a more tongue-in-cheek approach.
Jun 6, 2018 9:32 pm
Welcome BijutsuYoukai. There may be a t-shirt in my house that says "3.5 Until I Die"! I also love Vampire: The Masquerade, and am running games of it IRL (face to face) and here on Gamers Plane.

Happy gaming!
Jun 7, 2018 12:07 am
Qralloq says:
Welcome BijutsuYoukai. There may be a t-shirt in my house that says "3.5 Until I Die"! I also love Vampire: The Masquerade, and am running games of it IRL (face to face) and here on Gamers Plane.

Happy gaming!
Thank you :D I may have to go through the system and then keep an eye for games of it on here - I wasn't sure it if it was a very popular system or not. Also I need a shirt like that, because for the longest time I refused to try Pathfinder/4e/5e because I was so enamored with 3.5.
Jun 7, 2018 12:15 am
Welcome to the community :)
Jun 7, 2018 12:39 am
Welcome BijutsuYoukai! Glad to have you. If you don't mind me asking, how specifically did you find us?

As for 3/3.5, unfortunately the character sheet here is still broken, though games are going forward with the Pathfinder character sheet or the custom. I will be fixing it soon (tm). Regardless, lots of other games get played too, so hopefully you find something you like!
Jun 7, 2018 2:42 am
Hello and welcome!
Jun 7, 2018 9:45 am
Welcome, to the community, BijutsuYoukai! :-)
Jun 7, 2018 2:22 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jun 8, 2018 9:09 am
Welcome to the site! Plenty of bros here!
Jun 8, 2018 3:35 pm
Hi BijutsuYoukai! D&D 3.5e was my first campaign too and it's what the game I'm currently in is using, but it's been such a long time it's like it's all new to me LOL. I hope you find a game soon!
Jun 14, 2018 1:45 am
Keleth says:
Welcome BijutsuYoukai! Glad to have you. If you don't mind me asking, how specifically did you find us?

As for 3/3.5, unfortunately the character sheet here is still broken, though games are going forward with the Pathfinder character sheet or the custom. I will be fixing it soon (tm). Regardless, lots of other games get played too, so hopefully you find something you like!
All else fails I know other sheets and such I can use in substitute until they're fixed. Also, I found the site though a topic on reddit when I was googling around to try and expand outside of mythweavers because I really want to find a game, but the selection is still rather small over there.
Jun 14, 2018 11:18 pm
Welcome

You do not have permission to post in this thread.