Hello world!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 20, 2018 2:34 am
Hi, I'm Paul, I've been a full on d&d nerd since 1991 and I've been playing by post for about 6 years over on UnlimitedRPGs (great guys, love "em). I started my own PbP for a few years but got tired of paying for it so here I am to mooch all the free gaming I can get!

I'm a team player, always happy to fill a role. No hang-ups, not big on evil alignments, guess I'm just a softie at heart. I am (unfortunately?) a bit of a min-maxer, especially when playing 3.5 or PF, but I can control my addiction long enough to make a middle of the road PC if I have to ;)

Thanks for letting me say hi, hope to roll many dice with y'all down the road.
Jun 20, 2018 2:42 am
Hey Paul, welcome and glad to have you aboard. Don't be afraid to mention any best practices or site features of the other PBP experiences have. Not that we'll listen (jk).

I'm a reformed minmaxer myself and now revel in creating and playing horribly inefficient (i.e., only slightly OP) characters.
Jun 20, 2018 2:49 am
They run a clean ship over on Unlimited, spoiler blocks for all mechanics, colored dialogue, no ooc in the ic, probably same as you gents.

Nice to meet another munchkin, just seems like the inevitable progression for anyone playing a system as broken as 3.5 or PF...
Jun 20, 2018 2:52 am
I've was or self reward for slogging through the soul killing torture of AD&D... sorry, just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Jun 20, 2018 4:47 am
Lol, barf is just bad stats leaving the body.
Jun 20, 2018 1:19 pm
Welcome! Always happy to see new digital faces on the forums :)
Jun 20, 2018 2:30 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jun 20, 2018 2:44 pm
Welcome dominion451! I look forward to hearing your feedback on GP, based on your previous PbP experience. Are you strictly a DnD guy, or other systems catch your interest as well?
Jun 20, 2018 3:48 pm
Welcome!
Jun 20, 2018 7:59 pm
Keleth says:
Welcome dominion451! I look forward to hearing your feedback on GP, based on your previous PbP experience. Are you strictly a DnD guy, or other systems catch your interest as well?
Thank you! Once I learn the ins and outside of your site I will be better able to comment, although a homepage link to an aggregate of one's posts would be very helpful. Also there are some basic maintenance issues that I know you are aware of but otherwise the site is clean and pleasing to the eye, and I like the built in sheet system, we have been using Myth-weave sheets on my other site and while they are great in every way it is nice to have game, dice, and sheets all together.
Jun 20, 2018 8:03 pm
Keleth says:
Thanks! I started playing dnd way back when but I was also very into Shadowrun 1st ed, and then 2nd ed but that's where I fell off. Still love the idea of SR just don't have any friends that do lol.

I am into all the Paladium systems (Robotech especially), and I recently got WAY into Trail of Cthulhu, it has one of the best game mechanics I've ever encountered and the 1940s sleuth meets the end of the world aspect is super intriguing. I recently worked the ToC system into a Dark Tower game with some IRL friends with great success.
Jun 20, 2018 8:04 pm
And thank you very much to all the other welcomers, great community you have here!
Jun 23, 2018 11:48 pm
Welcome!
Jun 24, 2018 5:20 am
Welcome to the community, dominion451!
Jun 27, 2018 7:03 pm
Hey Paul,

Welcome to GPN! You say you've recently gotten into ToC, and I saw you mention the SCP Foundation in another thread - have you ever played Call of Cthulhu? I have a game that I'm getting off the ground for a few folks who have never played the system before. We have an opening for another player if you wanted to give it a try! ToC is essentially a port of the CoC setting to a different ruleset - so you get the same mystery/horror vibe as ToC, but with more "traditional" mechanics than ToC's GUMSHOE system (which is loads of fun in its own right!)

If it's not the right game for you at the moment, no worries - I have ambitions to run more mystery/horror games including other GUMSHOE games but especially Delta Green, which essentially combines the cosmic horror of the Cthulhu Mythos with the sci-fi/conspiracy angle of the SCP Foundation.

Welcome to the boards, and feel free to shoot me a message if you have any interest!
Jun 28, 2018 6:48 am
Welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.