Interest Check: 5e Ravnica Setting

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 25, 2018 6:36 pm
Yep, I am a multi-faceted nerd who loves Magic the Gathering. After playing an Orzhov Syndicate based rogue/paladin in Curse of Strahd I have been contemplating a campaign where people find out which Guildhouse they belong to and their character is designed based on that particular flavour.

No Magic experience necessary to play. Just be prepared for a different setting from standard Greyhawk or Faerun settings. Ravnica would be most similar to Eberron.
Last edited June 25, 2018 6:52 pm
Jun 25, 2018 6:45 pm
Magic: What Guild Are You?
Last edited June 25, 2018 7:49 pm
Jun 25, 2018 6:50 pm
If this game interests you, take the quiz above and post your resulting guild. Based on that, I provide information about your guild, choices of races, then based on race: choices of classes, background options. Then we can talk about further character development.

We’ll be using all WOTC resources and we’ll be starting well above level 1; I think level 12. I’ll double check that later.
Last edited June 27, 2018 2:34 am
Jun 25, 2018 7:26 pm
EDIT:
Read the quizzes and it answered my question.
Last edited June 25, 2018 7:27 pm
Jun 25, 2018 7:39 pm
I'm all about Ravnica. I have a Ravnica cube (http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/214). I'm working on a 5e adventure module set in Ravnica. I'd love to get to *play* instead of running a game, especially at level 8+.

Where do I sign?
Last edited June 25, 2018 7:40 pm
Jun 25, 2018 7:42 pm
*ahem* Take the quiz... ;)
Last edited June 25, 2018 7:50 pm
Jun 25, 2018 7:51 pm
Even if I already have a handful of character concepts at the ready, and I've run several games set in Ravnica (having dealt with character creation questions from my players, and run a number of NPCs), and I've built a cast of pregenerated Ravnica characters for my 5e adventure path?
Jun 25, 2018 7:55 pm
Boros on the first, Gruul on the second.
Jun 25, 2018 8:11 pm
Naturax says:
Even if I already have a handful of character concepts at the ready, and I've run several games set in Ravnica (having dealt with character creation questions from my players, and run a number of NPCs), and I've built a cast of pregenerated Ravnica characters for my 5e adventure path?
once you determine which guild you belong to, you’ll be able to see if you have something to suit your result.
Jun 25, 2018 8:14 pm
Sonofabith says:
Excellent and fairly consistent. So, are you leaning toward a caster or martial type? Battalion or Clan?
Jun 25, 2018 8:14 pm
I'm still confused. Are you asking what guild, as a human player, I would belong to? Or can I just pick a Ravnican character concept I want to play and submit that?
Jun 25, 2018 8:26 pm
Cruvis says:
Sonofabith says:
Excellent and fairly consistent. So, are you leaning toward a caster or martial type? Battalion or Clan?
I should probably mention that while I've been playing 5e since the Next playtest, I have very little knowledge of M:TG, so I'm kind of doing all my Ravinca research on the fly, haha. I'd probably lean toward a battalion caster like a war wizard or war domain cleric.
Jun 25, 2018 8:34 pm
I took the quiz and got Izzet.
Jun 25, 2018 8:35 pm
I also am very interested in this idea. I am missing something though, previous comments make it sound like there are two quizzes, but I only see one linked to in the second comment. Is there a second?

I did the first one and got the Simic Combine, which is exactly what I expected and is/was my favorite from those blocks, but Golgari Swarm is a close second. Azorius Senate is also appealing though...
Jun 25, 2018 8:58 pm
Sonofabith says:
Cruvis says:
Sonofabith says:
I should probably mention that while I've been playing 5e since the Next playtest, I have very little knowledge of M:TG, so I'm kind of doing all my Ravinca research on the fly, haha. I'd probably lean toward a battalion caster like a war wizard or war domain cleric.
From Boros, the domains would be Forge and Light. Wizard schools would be Evoker and Conjurer? Does that sound good?

Races would include:

Humans
Dwarves
Minotaurs
Aasimar
Genasi (fire/air)
Aarakocra
Last edited June 25, 2018 9:39 pm
Jun 25, 2018 9:02 pm
I have no knowledge of magic, but I am intrigued, got Gruul and Golgori.
Last edited June 25, 2018 9:05 pm
Jun 25, 2018 9:14 pm
Izzet races include:

"Goblin" (use Rock Gnome)
Human
Dragonborn (red or blue)
Genasi (air, or weird = combine two opposites for a weird)
Lizardfolk (called "Viashino")
Ogres
Last edited June 25, 2018 9:39 pm
Jun 25, 2018 9:20 pm
Simic races:
Triton
Human
Firbolg
Genasi (water, air)
Vedalken (use Deep Gnome)
Fey (fairies, pixies, nixies, etc..)
Elves
Trolls
Dragonborn (green)
Half-Orcs
Last edited June 25, 2018 9:44 pm
Jun 25, 2018 9:24 pm
Gruul races:

Goliath
Lizardfolk (Viashino)
Humans
Goblins
Hobgoblins
Firbolg
Genasi (earth/fire)
Centaurs (let me know if you want this, probably going to have increased movement base and/or a charger feat)
Last edited June 25, 2018 9:40 pm
Jun 25, 2018 9:25 pm
Lots of variety so far. This is fun already!!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.