Interest Check: 5e Ravnica Setting

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 25, 2018 9:34 pm
If you chose Golgari:

Drow (called Devkarin)
Humans
Tiefling
Hobgoblin
Goliath
Genasi (earth)
Jun 25, 2018 9:39 pm
No elves for the Simic? That was a pretty well represented race in almost all the guilds, but specifically in the green ones.

Not that I mind, a water gensai would be fun to play. Wizard, Warlock (Guild-pact perhaps), or Druid.
Jun 25, 2018 9:42 pm
MushroomMage says:
No elves for the Simic? That was a pretty well represented race in almost all the guilds, but specifically in the green ones.

Not that I mind, a water gensai would be fun to play. Wizard, Warlock (Guild-pact perhaps), or Druid.
Just an oversight. Missed some Simic races. I'll edit eventually.
Jun 25, 2018 9:51 pm
I'll look at it later, but I was looking to play lizardfolk ancestral barbarian, or eldiritch knight (alternatively sorcerer with a different race, maybe wild mage but only if people are fine with the tables.)
Jun 25, 2018 10:36 pm
OK, so I'm leaning toward Hill Dwarf Forge Cleric. What are you thinking for stats?
Last edited June 25, 2018 10:37 pm
Jun 25, 2018 11:11 pm
27 point buy
Average hit points
Jun 25, 2018 11:12 pm
somebox says:
I'll look at it later, but I was looking to play lizardfolk ancestral barbarian, or eldiritch knight (alternatively sorcerer with a different race, maybe wild mage but only if people are fine with the tables.)
The Viashino barbarian is particularly appropriate for Gruul.
Last edited June 25, 2018 11:15 pm
Jun 25, 2018 11:23 pm
Cruvis says:
27 point buy
Average hit points
You mentioned starting around level 8. Is that a good place to target when piecing a character together?
Jun 25, 2018 11:25 pm
MushroomMage says:

For Simic, Sorcerer would be more appropriate than Wizard. Being about mutants and such.
Jun 25, 2018 11:25 pm
We’ll begin at level 12. You are representing your guild on a special mission.
Last edited June 25, 2018 11:26 pm
Jun 25, 2018 11:38 pm
I’ll assume we have the critical mass to make launching this game worthwhile. I’ll create it and invite those who do the quiz and want to play.
Last edited June 26, 2018 10:41 am
Jun 25, 2018 11:39 pm
I'm going to withdraw my interest from this game because I find the restrictions on player choices for their character's race/class to be really off-putting. It's one thing to provide suggestions to players who are unfamiliar to the setting and ask for help, and one can certainly provide some guidance for what is appropriate for the tone you are trying to strike for this game, but to outright deny player choices in realizing their character concepts is not going to lead to a fun gaming experience.
Jun 26, 2018 10:37 am
Naturax says:
I'm going to withdraw my interest from this game because I find the restrictions on player choices for their character's race/class to be really off-putting. It's one thing to provide suggestions to players who are unfamiliar to the setting and ask for help, and one can certainly provide some guidance for what is appropriate for the tone you are trying to strike for this game, but to outright deny player choices in realizing their character concepts is not going to lead to a fun gaming experience.
I would call it "filtering", but if the term off-putting works for you, I'm happy to oblige.

I am planning to be the sole referee in the game, by the way. So, that position is already filled, by me.

Thanks for your interest!
Jun 27, 2018 2:33 am
lenpelletier says:
Cruvis, you handled that in a classy way!

I am a big fan of M:tG. Just wanted to salute your excellent idea :)
;) Well, you could always try taking the quiz. Don't you at least want to know which guild you belong to?
Last edited June 27, 2018 3:32 am
Jul 5, 2018 2:08 am
If there's space I'd love to play.
Jul 5, 2018 5:52 pm
You can play! :) please check out the Planeswalker Guide to Ravnica (Dimir)

Races include:

Humans
Tiefling
Dragonborn (black)
Changeling
Skulker
True Ghoul
Vampire

If you come up with other racial options, do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers!
Jul 5, 2018 5:54 pm
Classes tend to include Rogues, Assassins, Necromancers, but again, reading up on the guild is likely to generate terrific and unique ideas for a character.

Enjoy the process!
Jul 6, 2018 5:37 pm
Salutations! I took your quiz, and got the Orzhov Syndicate. I'm thinking a Mastermind Rogue would be awesome to play if you have space?
Jul 7, 2018 1:53 am
I think so. Let’s go ahead with it. Racial options: aasimar,, human, shade, vampire
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.