The Old Guard OOC Thread

load previous
Oct 18, 2015 11:54 am
As Kenny said, we haven't considered any sort of hunter organisation, at least not one that has any association with Wilhelm and the High Council. Feel free to PM me your ideas though, there's plenty of room in the setting for some kind of bounty hunter faction if you think your backstory would benefit. Likewise how you flavour your aspect abilities is entirely up to you: I don't think you've had a chance to even use Miring Field as yet, haha.
Oct 19, 2015 7:43 pm
Can Pudge hack into a different car? He would definitely suspect the council, so, getting into a different vehicle would make sense. Same roll or different?
Oct 19, 2015 8:09 pm
That's a fair point, he certainly has good reason to be suspicious. Let's say DC13 for a different car, but he can't attempt to hack both vehicles with one roll, he has to commit to one or the other.
Oct 23, 2015 6:52 pm
Okay just as an update, been hammering out setting stuff for Serana's backstory: the "Vigilance Movement," aka the Vigil, which is effectively the bounty hunter equivalent to the Mercenary League (i.e., it's very similar in many respects so there's some crossover and rivalry as a result). If you've ever watched/read Hunter x Hunter, it sounds like it's setting up to be a helluva lot like the Hunter Association, haha

Anyway the main takeaway here is that Albionest has decided that Serana obtained a licence and had a brief phase of accepting Vigil contracts after her initial implant procedure, mostly as a way to let off some steam. And to hit people with a big sword
Oct 25, 2015 5:09 pm
All sounds good to me. now here's something I should've asked before: do we actually know where the Vault is?
Oct 26, 2015 9:12 am
Good question! You know that the city is built on top of it and that the recently found entrance is somewhere at the centre: so in short if you don't know its precise location already, you could suss it out with a few infranet searches or a little bit of recon
Oct 27, 2015 7:18 pm
My first thought- we're outnumbered. My second thought- Wilhelm is about to go all Tasmanian Devil on those drones.
Oct 27, 2015 10:17 pm
Just a quick note (and I'm really sorry to do this partway into a playtest but needs must): I've crunched some numbers and I'm changing how HP are calculated. Everyone was so squishy!
It's essentially a very slight buff to all PCs, but it's a buff all the same: instead of HP being calculated from VIT+KNO with a minimum equal to your level, it's changed to (VIT+KNO)/2 + your level. This also helps means that spare points in VIT and KNO aren't wasted.

http://i.imgur.com/BTXJeUd.png
Oct 27, 2015 10:21 pm
Am I the only one who thinks it's hilarious that pudge is now the tank and Serana is squish? Not sure of it's an issue but it seems kinda off.
Last edited October 27, 2015 10:21 pm
Oct 27, 2015 10:24 pm
lol. Well, I still have 1 more HP than I did before. I'll take that!
Oct 29, 2015 10:34 pm
No I agree it's a bit... funky. She's especially fragile vs attacks that target Reactions, such as most ranged weapons. Ultimately I'll probably change how the Defence system works (it's armour class, basically, but tends to be very low) but as well as that I've been toying with some sort of "Durability" statistic derived from STR and WIL somehow.
Nov 2, 2015 3:23 pm
I think Serana is up, correct?
Nov 2, 2015 5:40 pm
I think I'm next but first I think Pudge still had a turn to take?
Nov 2, 2015 6:47 pm
Sorry, guys. Work is nuts right now. I'll try to post something in the combat within the next little while.
Nov 3, 2015 3:58 pm
Hey, just to say that your virus ability is an Empower ability and doesn't have a fail state even with a low roll, you spending an action and a Hit Point to power it is considered enough!
Nov 3, 2015 5:27 pm
Edcrab says:
Hey, just to say that your virus ability is an Empower ability and doesn't have a fail state even with a low roll, you spending an action and a Hit Point to power it is considered enough!
Oh, great. I didn't realize (or maybe I knew, and just forgot). I'll edit the OP.
Nov 4, 2015 5:07 pm
Seems powerful but that's a cool ability. Also I think there should be some sort of mechanic for bonus damage when you have a really high d20 roll because of your modifiers (and of course I'm only saying that because I keep managing it).
Dec 7, 2015 1:15 pm
Are you around Ed?
Dec 8, 2015 9:19 pm
Sorry everyone, I'm here, just had intermittent power/internet what with all the flooding happening in my neck of the woods. Should I jump the narrative to the Embassy and you can set up your ambush? Darghi's statement there seems like a good place to screenwipe.
Dec 8, 2015 10:10 pm
I understand brother. Yeah that seems fine.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.