The Old Guard OOC Thread

load previous
Aug 29, 2015 5:28 pm
SMG: 2d6 standard action attack, Encumbrance 1, Prereqs: STR 2
Heavy repeater: 2d8 AP5 full action attack, Encumbrance 2, Prereqs: STR 4, Tech +1. Inherent Aspect: Minor Sweep: Deals 1F to a target that shares the initial target's tile.

Both are ranged weapons that rely on FOC+Insight for a skill modifier and Insight alone for a damage modifier.

For every point of a prerequisite you fail to meet, -1 to skill and damage (so a STR 2 player character with no Tech rank could use the heavy repeater at -3). Likewise the Encumbrance: your max ENC is equal to your STR and ENC penalties apply merely from carrying the equipment, not just using it

I'll say that it takes you a standard action to switch to the SMG, and a full to switch to the repeater. That is, you can put away your current weapon and equip the gun with the listed action.

A note on found Resources: they are not subject to the same protections as the signature Resources you took at character creation. These are effectively temporary items that might permanently be lost, destroyed in combat or accidentally dropped down the side of the mile-high superscraper in the course of the narrative. But if at some point you level up and want to use a new slot to turn a temporary Resource into one of your PC's permanent fixtures, that's fine
Aug 30, 2015 10:17 am
In that case, Serana could carry all four guns within her ENC allowance? Ha.
Aug 30, 2015 10:28 am
"Serana, could you carry this SMG for me? I'm a frail human."
Aug 31, 2015 9:04 am
Do you want me to make a skill roll? (Will, social?)
Aug 31, 2015 9:08 am
Yeah, a roll is needed if your next response is trying to intimidate/persuade NPC to do something they'd be against somehow. WIL + Social sounds like the right fit
Aug 31, 2015 11:13 am
Can all of us roll to see if he's lying?
Aug 31, 2015 11:27 am
Absolutely. You can roll using Insight rather than Social if you prefer (although I don't believe anyone in the party has an Insight rank at present)
Aug 31, 2015 2:32 pm
Sounds like we need to do some interrogating of Garlen. Can I try to find some info on him before we question him? With a name, I should be able to find something, right?
Sep 1, 2015 11:08 am
I can still use Disabling Virus, right? It's an empower.
Sep 1, 2015 12:05 pm
Sure. Pass a DC10 Reactions check (and I'll let you include your Tech rank) in order to get that off in time
Sep 1, 2015 12:42 pm
Can I attempt the same with Melee, swinging my sword in an attempt to disable the car?
Sep 1, 2015 1:10 pm
Hmm, okay. I was going to object re: the low visibility and the fact the car is armoured, but you 1) know where the car is parked and 2) have a passive to help counter the armour. Same DC if you want to try it

And yes, you get to include FOC, but I thought Pudge's total FOC was 3, with a base of 2 plus the Resource?
Sep 1, 2015 1:23 pm
Edcrab says:

And yes, you get to include FOC, but I thought Pudge's total FOC was 3, with a base of 2 plus the Resource?
You're right; my bad. I was thinking of my WIL score.
Sep 1, 2015 2:30 pm
No worries, I had to check myself! And on a tangent, this is a WIP but eventually I'll want to make everyone a character card (or a full blown sheet):

http://i.imgur.com/naNdwA7.png
Sep 1, 2015 2:54 pm
Nice. And in hind sight I just realised French wouldn't be a language spoken in your setting. Woops.
Sep 1, 2015 4:57 pm
Well, technically English wouldn't be either. Everyone is speaking Domarian, we just parse it as English, so maybe Space French exists somewhere. In fact, bam, now it does: Lodori, the spoken language of the Lodorions, with widespread presence thanks to the fact that the High Council proper is situated in Lodori space

Besides, if this setting wouldn't allow for French-speaking Lady Vader, it's not a setting worth playtesting in
Sep 1, 2015 5:33 pm
Can I just take his head off, cuz Wilhelm really wants to just take his head off.
Sep 1, 2015 5:39 pm
You can do whatever you want! :)
Sep 1, 2015 5:45 pm
Was more asking if I need a roll for execution or not.
Sep 1, 2015 5:46 pm
Well, I was giving you my permission. But, I guess I'll let the GM decide. :P
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.