Looking for players: D&D BECMI

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 3, 2018 2:23 am
From my introduction thread: https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/8856/

Rough plans: Start a game from level 1, intending to run in campaign mode
System: BECMI (original D&D ~ basic expert companion masters immortal) from 1983
Number of Players: 1-6 (ideally around 4 but I am flexible)
Module: B2-Keep on the borderlands
Pace: 1 post daily, 1 post on weekends as a rule of thumb
Type of game: Campaign mode, linking published modules with some wilderness travel, exploration, and crafting as the party wishes

Full Description:
I am interested in running B2-Keep on the borderlands with a group of players. Any experience level is welcome. I say campaign mode because I would like to expand from B2 into additional modules, and would like to use wilderness/travel rules if that does not get too onerous in the PBP format. As above, crafting and wilderness travel can be incorporated. I think the published modules typically have rules for going back to town during the adventures.

Link to game here
Last edited July 3, 2018 4:27 am
Jul 3, 2018 12:19 pm
Status Update:
We have two players interested so far!
My in-game avatar has been created: DUNGEON MASTER of MYSTARA.
Forum for the game has been created - link

Proposed Start date: July 6

Conditions for start:
1. Number of party members acceptable to all players (hirelings might be needed if there are less than 4 people)
2. Characters created and approved
3. Recruiting reasons

The system will allow for less than a full party, however ideally we get to 4-6 people. Since we currently have 2, I am suggesting that we start this coming Friday to give a target. The date can change for a number of reasons, including whether the current group wants to wait for more people, they need more time to create characters, or there are other recruiting reasons.
Jul 3, 2018 3:25 pm
I loved Basic D&D. The Rules Cyclopedia was my favorite edition. I'm somewhat of a noob to PbP but I'd love to join a BECMI campaign.
Jul 3, 2018 4:55 pm
One spot left. Thanks again for all the interest!

Dastari, I have added you. Looking forward to having you ingame, and I think you will get the hang of pbp quickly.
Jul 4, 2018 7:24 pm
I love Basic D&D, any room left?
Jul 4, 2018 7:29 pm
Basic was the first version of d&d I ever played back in '91, it would be a blast to play a classic game! I can def post daily and am jazzed on the whole random stats/class angle.
Jul 4, 2018 10:08 pm
dominion451 says:
I love Basic D&D, any room left?
Absolutely! We had a player drop out, so there are currently two spots. Head on over and add your name in.

Character creation is currently underway, and the intention is to start the game Friday (assuming everyone is ready and character creation is done).
Jul 4, 2018 10:12 pm
Awesome, thank you so much!
Jul 4, 2018 11:02 pm
dominion451 says:
Awesome, thank you so much!
You are welcome! Looking forward to seeing your rolls, class selection and so forth. Likewise, my first experience with the game was the original boxed sets. I've subsequently heard about the cyclopedia, but didn't use it at the time I was playing.

If someone ends up running a BECMI / cyclopedia game I will apply to join as a player. Certainly excited to DM.
Jul 6, 2018 2:19 am
We are scheduled to begin the game tomorrow. There is still one spot open that I would like to advertise.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.