Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Nov 12, 2015 5:44 pm
Man, not a single soul is aware you are out here. That's too bad...for you, he says as he grabs you and tries to push you against the cart. Another guy, as if aware of what was going to happen produces a pair of iron manacles from his saddle bag. The other horsemen don't seem too concerned about one elf, but a few draw swords just in case.

Sorry, nothing personal. Just we got a job to do, and we can't have anyone knowing what we're up to out here, the first guy is saying as he reaches to grab the manacles.

Rolls

Strength for Grapple - (1d20+4)

( 7 ) + 4 = 11

Nov 12, 2015 5:47 pm
Aelar fights back against the man trying to grab him. Twisting away, he rushes away from the group of men, diving and weaving around the carts. He attempts to keep away from his pursuers, avoiding going to the side of the road his companions are on.

Taking the dash action to get away (assuming that they aren't prepared enough, or close enough to get Opportunity Attacks)
Last edited November 12, 2015 5:50 pm, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Acrobatics to escape grapple - (1d20+5)

( 11 ) + 5 = 16

Nov 12, 2015 6:52 pm
Dammit, little bastards quick! Get him, we can't let him go! the guy shouts, still holding the manacles. At this all of the horsemen are now intently focused on Aelar and trying to wrangle him. He is deftly avoiding capture as swords become drawn.
Nov 12, 2015 8:36 pm
Figuring this is probably as good as a distraction as the group is likely to get Ütés will move from her position behind the caravan and try to board the last cart.

EDIT: If she gets there she'll draw her crossbow in order to cover Aelar should things look like they're going bad.
Last edited November 12, 2015 8:38 pm, a total of 2 times

Rolls

Stealth / Disadvantage - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 - ( 16 ) + 2 = 18

1d20+2 - ( 16 ) + 2 = 18

Nov 12, 2015 8:41 pm
Ütés moves over to the last caravan and hops in without notice. There is hay in the cart to hide beneath, or space between barrels packed in it to hide in.

Ramas crosses after her, he almost stumbles on his way over but recovers nicely and makes it to the cart.

As of now with Aelar's disitraction everyone has advantage on stealth, so if you have disadvantage it's negated to just normal, but somehow you rolled the same twice. Lol.

Oh, also the DC for this is 15.

Rolls

Stealth (negated disadvantage) - (1d20+2)

( 13 ) + 2 = 15

Nov 12, 2015 8:58 pm
I don't take any chances. I hug the cloak and blink out, only to reappear in the wagon next to Ütés assuming my calculations were correct.

OOC: using my cloak to cast dimension door. If I'm able to bring along anyone who's nearby, I will do so!
Nov 12, 2015 9:08 pm
GM. You can bring up to one willing creature your size or smaller. Did you want to bring Crolwell?

Xadira (and Crolwell?) suddenly appear in the cart with Ütés and Ramas. There are also some tarp strapped over some of the barrels that make a convenient fort to remain hidden in.

As everyone makes it into the last cart the horseman have used their greater speed and numbers to finally surround and box in Aelar. Some have swords drawn, some have bows at the ready if he should so choose to run again. The first guys walks over with the manacles again. Look, this is nothing against you. We just can't have you running off and telling people what is going on out here. Come peacefully and we won't have to kill ya. You may have taken out some dumb creatures, but I guarantee we won't fall so easily. , he waits to gauge your response, hand on his sword hilt.
Nov 12, 2015 9:13 pm
"Guess we should have let the bugbears attack this lot." laments to herself as she waits to see Aelar's reaction.
Nov 12, 2015 9:53 pm
Aelar sighs before holding his hands up in defeat. After waiting a moment he bursts into action, running and diving for the forest. As he goes he mutters under breath, causing healing energy to course through his body, hoping that it's enough to help him get through this situation.

Gonna take my chances!

Casting healing word on myself and taking the dash action

Rolls

Healing word on me - (1d4+3)

( 1 ) + 3 = 4

Nov 12, 2015 10:22 pm
Crolwell, never came out, but sits in the bushes watching with fascination, like a small child. If Xadira brings Crolwell, then Crolwell will just sit wherever he appeared to. Now, completely confused.
Last edited November 12, 2015 10:22 pm, a total of 1 time
Nov 12, 2015 10:25 pm
I point Crolwell towards the canopy on the cart, indicating he should hide underneath it. I'm surprised he didn't argue when I brought him with me. But now I wonder if he was even paying attention.
Nov 12, 2015 11:37 pm
As Aelar darts off the two archers who had drawn bows loose them. The others were thrown off by the false surrender and don't immediately give chase. The man holding the manacles runs back to his horse and mounts. Dont let him escape! We can't let him get away, he shouts as he gets on his horse.

Both fired arrows find purchase but Aelar still makes off towards the woods.

Rolls

Bow Attack 1 - (1d20+3, 1d6+1)

1d20+3 - ( 19 ) + 3 = 22

1d6+1 - ( 1 ) + 1 = 2

Bow Attack 2 - (1d20+3, 1d6+1)

1d20+3 - ( 16 ) + 3 = 19

1d6+1 - ( 3 ) + 1 = 4

Nov 13, 2015 12:01 am
Those still in the cart see Aelar disappear into the woods, and all of the horsemen shortly after. A slight calm comes over the caravan as it is just the Goblin drivers now. One on a further up cart climbs down and walks back to the driver of the one you are in and starts talking to him, possibly questioning him, in goblin.
Nov 13, 2015 12:04 am
Crolwell looks at Xadira and mouths something (which looks like complete nonsense) as he holds up his axe and points to his head and points toward the men who shot at Aelar.
Nov 13, 2015 3:12 am
Cutting back over to Aelar we find him entering the wood, only a few breaths ahead of the horse group. He will have to think and act fast to get out of this one. What will he do!?
Nov 13, 2015 3:16 am
Assuming that he has a moment where the riders can't see him after he enters the woods Aelar will duck in to some bushes and cast a spell of illusion to make it sound as if footsteps are going further into the woods. He will lay low to see if the riders pass him by and chase the illusionary footsteps.
Last edited November 13, 2015 3:17 am, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Stealth [advantage] to get into the bush without being noticed - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 - ( 19 ) + 5 = 24

1d20+5 - ( 8 ) + 5 = 13

Nov 13, 2015 3:34 am
As Aelar breaks into the treeline there is a moment where he breaks line of sight with the horsemen. He manages to slide into a bush and creates the illusionary sounds of someone crashing through the underbrush further into the woods.

Hurry up, he's getting away! The General's going to be pissed if we let someone see the caravan and get away! I'm not losing my head over this!, the first guy is barking from the back of the pack. Soon they are heading off into the woods away from the caravan at full gallop.

By this time at the caravan the goblins have climbed down off the caravan and the other two have walked back to the cart everyone is hiding in and are talking to each other in goblin. You see them head over towards the dead bugbear and goblins. They keep mentioning the names Bruiser, Trip, Klarg, Vic. You can hear it interspersed among the goblin.
Nov 13, 2015 3:46 am
After they are out of sight Aelar sneaks off, away from the caravan so he can attempt to take care of his wounds. He ensures that he is far from any place they may search for him.

Rolls

Stealth [advantage] If I need it - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 - ( 18 ) + 5 = 23

1d20+5 - ( 6 ) + 5 = 11

Nov 13, 2015 3:47 am
Aelar moves stealthfuly through the woods and finds a slightly secluded and sheltered spot to take care of his wounds.
Nov 13, 2015 3:09 pm
Aelar cleans and dresses his wounds as quietly as possible. Feeling a bit lightheaded from all the blood loss he takes a bit of time to rest.

If he believes there will be enough time for a short rest and still catch up with, and board, the caravan he will do so. Otherwise he will wait a short time before heading out to catch up to the caravan.

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20)

( 5 ) = 5

Hit Die for short rest? - (1d8+2)

( 6 ) + 2 = 8

33 of 34
<< First < 31 32 33 34 >

Thread locked