Hello

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 8, 2018 5:40 am
Hello everyone.
So this is my first experience with pbp. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but after reading several posts it looks like I've come to the right place!
Pen and paper RPGs have always been a part of my life, I've played many, but D&D is my first love. I've been fortunate to have been apart of some amazing groups over the years.
Sadly life has gotten in the way and I've found myself without a group of my own.
I'm hoping this will be a new way to experience something that I'm missing.
That being said, I welcome any advice on playing this way.
When it comes to characters, I feel I play support characters well. Rogues, Bards, and the like.
I tend to play in the flavor of my characters rather than min/maxing. Admittedly this has caused some problems, but made a great story! Lol
I'm looking forward to playing!
Talk to you soon!
-Pete
Aug 8, 2018 11:07 am
Welcome to GP, Pete!
Aug 8, 2018 12:51 pm
Welcome!
Aug 8, 2018 1:04 pm
Welcome, Pete!
Aug 8, 2018 1:21 pm
Welcome Pete, jump in the waters fine (don't mind the crocodile that's totally not a trap). Tons of 5e happens here with new games popping up all the time. There is a new players guide in the General forums, and have a gander, might answer some lingering questions about getting the most out of GP's features.
Aug 8, 2018 3:35 pm
Hi Pete! I haven't been able to find a group either and found GP a few months ago. I'm new to PBP too but everyone has been great and helpful and I'm having a lot of fun so I think you will too ^.^
Aug 8, 2018 3:52 pm
Welcome!
Aug 8, 2018 5:46 pm
Hello and welcome!
Aug 9, 2018 4:09 am
Welcome!
Aug 9, 2018 2:17 pm
Welcome aboard, Pete!
Aug 9, 2018 4:23 pm
Welcome Pete
Aug 9, 2018 8:18 pm
Welcome Peraro46! You'll find that PbP is great for RP, due to the slower nature I think, and thus flavor works out a lot better over min/max (not that you can't power game if you want). 5e is definitely the most popular system on the site, but plenty of other options if you decide to venture in other directions.
Aug 10, 2018 7:06 am
Glad to have you, Pete! Welcome! You have definitely come to the right place!
Aug 12, 2018 1:38 pm
Yeah, you're definitely in the right place! Welcome!
Aug 18, 2018 10:58 am
Welcome! I love those classes, too.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.