General Discussion

Sep 1, 2015 2:38 am
This forum will be for out of character talk, rules discussions, or just general off-topic talk.
Sep 1, 2015 5:09 pm
This looks pretty cool. I do not have the rules but your description seems pretty straightforward. Looking forward to it.
Sep 1, 2015 6:17 pm
I have the Core Book and the rules really are not more complex than I've stated in the how to thread. The concept of tests, and the stress system are the only real difficult things to try and get. If you understand those it gets much easier. Hoping everyone has a fun time with this. Don't ever hesitate to ask anything, sometimes my explanations aren't the clearest of things. :)
Sep 3, 2015 3:41 am
Hah, great start with Kel. I kind of chuckled to myself as I made Tim ask your characters what their characters would be. New level to meta gaming.
Sep 3, 2015 11:34 am
I may regret having you ad lib characters for your characters to have, because now I want to see more of those. I want to hang with a not thiefy rogue and a dwarven ranger that sounds like Cheech.
Sep 3, 2015 2:22 pm
I changed my posts to come from my EOTW character "Kel" instead of me. I LOL'd that it's me in both images though.
Sep 3, 2015 2:23 pm
Hah. If you add an avatar to your character sheet you can change it, but you can also keep it as you if you prefer.
Sep 3, 2015 4:58 pm
Well, it could easily make sense for my character to try to continue playing the game while the world ends. He doesn't deal all that well with problems, and escape from reality can be comforting:

Howard climbs the ladder, as the waters rise. "...huff...huff...Plagmor jumps back...huff...from the door...huff... 'What's up, Holmes?...huff...You almost...huff...took my head off, man!'...huff..." Howard helps Tim up onto the roof. Tim says "Where do we go from here?" Obviously there's nowhere to go, and the water is still rising. Howard continues: "Plagmor realizes he's talking to a hobgoblin, and he shoots it with his bow." and then bends down, rolling the d20 in the gravel of the rooftop...
Sep 3, 2015 5:14 pm
Lol, if you get a high enough mental trauma you could become delusional.
Sep 3, 2015 9:52 pm
This whole "RPG in a RPG" thing is messing with my head. I'm now genuinely interested on how Juliska, Gilly, and Plagmor are going to fare in Tim's adventure.
Sep 3, 2015 10:37 pm
The trick is to figure out how we can nest a third game in the first two...
Sep 4, 2015 12:29 am
Your character's character's are going to play a game of Knights and Wizards, a local game in the D&D world, or at least the one that exists in this world.
Sep 4, 2015 12:29 am
Also I will point out you will probably have all the supplies to continue the game later. :)
Sep 4, 2015 12:30 am
Also I'm just waiting for everyone to have posted once before I move on.
Sep 4, 2015 2:57 am
spaceseeker19 says:
The trick is to figure out how we can nest a third game in the first two...
Hmmm, maybe the Siren has a friend named Tina who plays a game called 'Bunkers and Badasses'. :-)
Oh wait, that been done...
Last edited September 4, 2015 2:58 am
Sep 4, 2015 3:31 am
PhantomNimbus says:
Also I'm just waiting for everyone to have posted once before I move on.
Just like a real life game session, ppl are always late :)
Sep 4, 2015 3:47 am
Well technically the game is set to 1 post a day, Generally it seems like people post more than that, but that's the minimum. If any of you are new to GamersPlane you can choose to "Subscribe to forum" at the top of a forum section to get email updates if something changes in a game. So if you click on the forums for our game, at the top is a link to click on. If that helps anyone.
Sep 4, 2015 7:45 am
That helps me, I've never done this before. I'll subscribe and make a post.
Sep 4, 2015 7:46 am
I hadn't realized we were started already because I was expecting some sort of email or notification, so sorry I'm late.
Sep 4, 2015 11:37 am
I figued as much. I did the same thing when I started with the site. I wish it has auto subscribed me to the ones I joined into. :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.