Hello, PhoenixScientist here.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 30, 2018 3:35 am
Im new here, and to Play-by-post. Looking foward to playing with you and (eventually) GMing whrn I have more time.
Im looking for a game, not sure what system yet. Except not DnD (or clones), because thats all anyone around me wants to play.
But I like dramatic stories and conflict (in party, out of party, whatever the group im in wants) and building tension and all that fun dramatic stuff. Though I do believe the drama should be InCharacter and the fun should be Out Of Character.
Looking foward to getting to know you all better.
I'm good with 'this is the kind if story I want to tell' games, and 'these are what i want our story arcs to be, games and also 'here's a sandbox games.
Last edited August 30, 2018 4:01 am
Aug 30, 2018 3:39 am
Welcome PhoenixScientist. The is a Games Tavern forum where many games are requested or recruited. I hope you find something awesome.
Aug 30, 2018 3:41 am
You're welcome to sign up for my playtest! I'm trying out a system I spent the last 6 years designing.

That aside, I don't know what you mean by Find. Are you referring to Pathfinder?
Aug 30, 2018 4:02 am
@Qralloq thanks, I'll head there.
@walkerofsorrow, yes. Stupid autocorrect. What kind of system do you have brewing? Im interested.
Last edited August 30, 2018 4:06 am
Aug 30, 2018 6:47 am
@PhoenixScientist, here's the Tavern page: https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/9323/

Brief blurb, about 6 years ago, my friends were complaining a lot about how bad Pathfinder is. I had been tossing around the idea of an RPG system, but lacked sufficient motivation to put serious work in. We hashed out a hard list of reasons why they didn't like Pathfinder, and I set to work making a system that would solve problems like being too number-crunchy, too reliant on supposedly unbreakable rules, and having magic that is highly constrictive. The result has a lot of resemblance to other modern fantasy products, but has a lot of my own flavor. My own spin on races, classes, and magic, stats that have deep meaning in the canon, my own setting of a planet made from three interlocking planes of existence, and so on.
Aug 30, 2018 1:20 pm
Welcome PhoenixScientist! Thanks for pointing out the broken link, I'll get that fixed. Regardless, seems you're on to early leads, so best of luck getting going!
Sep 5, 2018 2:48 pm
Welcome! I hope you find what you're looking for. GamersPlane has helped me fit RPGs into my erratic schedule.
Sep 5, 2018 11:43 pm
Hello and welcome.
Sep 16, 2018 10:55 pm
Quote:
But I like dramatic stories and conflict (in party, out of party, whatever the group im in wants) and building tension and all that fun dramatic stuff. Though I do believe the drama should be InCharacter and the fun should be Out Of Character.
This is one of the best summaries of in-party drama I've ever read. haha Love it.
Last edited September 16, 2018 10:55 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.