Kuldahar

load previous
Sep 20, 2018 11:58 pm
Zenithral's eyes widen with a jolt. "Oh my...you ran into Gruumsh?! And you're...mostly okay...?" He asks hesitantly. "But yes, we should leave immediately. I should stop taking about Erestor with people...every time I do they start flying away!"

Zenithral hits his palm to his head. "Speaking of which I didn't even get to tell her what Orrick told me: Erestor was geased, a curse that threatens torture or death if the caster's orders aren't followed. I don't doubt he's a scoundrel, but he didn't come and kill Arundel of his own accord. Ras might be able to remove the spell and then we could get some real information." Zenithral pauses and lets out a slow, disappointed breath. "You know, I really should have thought this through more..."
Last edited September 21, 2018 12:05 am
Sep 21, 2018 12:54 am
"Yeah. Mostly." Al fidgets, and moves on from the subject.

"Scoundrel, indeed," she scoffs. "I doubt this geas made him feed Erevain to the spiders. Still, this news changes what we think we know."

Al joins his sigh. "Everything is a mess. But it's not your fault. I'll go tell Erevain not to get comfortable. I have some errands to run while you fetch everyone. Come find me when it's time to go."

Hand still in her pocket, Alalla turns to go. She hesitates for a moment, then turns back. She pulls something from her pocket and nearly shoves it into Zenithral's hands.

"I shouldn't keep this," she says tersely. Zenithral recognizes the smoothness of the strange sending stone Poquelin had given her.
Last edited September 21, 2018 1:51 am
Sep 21, 2018 5:26 am
OOC:
Bookkeeping! For all the awesome stuff you guys have been up to in downtime, 1,500 XP, putting us at 87,650 XP. Also, from working the Ilmatari temple in town Fergy earns 300 gold.

The town has got some better defenses now than it did. Father Tulfgyr is still there, with some newby Blood Hunters and a fledgling Arcane Trickster, and there are also some orcs in the area who are reasonably friendly. All good signs that Kuldahar is stronger and safer than it was.

The piece of statue that Fergy found in the temple is magical, and if anyone can figure out how to use it, it would be Fergy.

As an extra bonus for everyone posting in the Wedding, the party gets 1,000 gold in gifts!

Onward ho!
The time of rest and peace in Kuldahar was welcome and sorely needed, but now the road calls again to the companions.

Ras, seeking to know more about the Heartstone Gem, has discovered that in the city called The Hand of the Seldarine there may be a teacher waiting for him, an elf wizard by the name of Larrel. Perhaps with his shared knowledge the party will be able to make use of the Gem to learn more about the enemies that plague the North.

Fergy, also called Nessa, follows Ras closely. Still adapting to the recent change of mind and body, Fergy struggles to find a place in this world of morals. Still, in moments of quiet the sorcerer understands that Poquelin is a threat that must be brought down. Anything that leads to that event must be good for the world. Or, at least, for Fergy.

Zenithral also has reason to go to The Hand of the Seldarine. Contacted by his father in a dream, Zenithral believes that if he travels to the elven city he might find a way to help his mother - and perhaps finally be rid of his murdering father.

Alalla and Erevain stick close by their friends. Alalla has come this far, facing threat after threat, and she is determined to see it through to the end. Erevain stays close, constantly pondering how to save his wife from the certain doom that awaits her after death.

Ug walks with new strength since his drink of Hunter's Bane. Next time he meets Poquelin, or any other who works evil, the mighty barbarian is ready to give everything he has. Little does he know that the party's next destination will start him on a journey to his past - a path that is longer than he can possibly realize.

Dok continues test after test in Orrick's tower while the party continues on. But they know how he first appeared to them in the Vale of Shadows, and can only expect him to surprise them again at the most unlikely of times.

And so, without the addition of their goblin companion and his feisty spider, the heroes gather at the recently repaired airship of Oswald Fiddlebender...
OOC:
The adventure continues in the Severed Hand thread!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.