Hi Everybody

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 27, 2018 3:52 pm
I am a slightly wacky and obsessive person who loves stealthy chaotic but driven characters. I typically have various periods of free time to post and have lately been using it for reading before deciding to come back to this site. It has been about a year and a half since I first set up my account and never got to actually playing due to some family issues. RPGs are a passionate interest which I have spent hours every day thinking and learning about. I am typically a polygamerist because mostly I just like to create and explore characters. To my spouse's chagrin I listen to more than seventy podcasts of which 75% are rpg or storytelling related the rest almost completely history based.

I obviously love to learn and always want to grow how I perceive and interact with those around me. Historically I have been known to be creative with honesty and omission which has probably fed my preference for the less lawful types of characters. I have a stronger preference for typical fantasy and sci-fi but still wouldn't mind playing in wierd history but usually avoid games based around current times.

I usually will avoid confrontation above the table for rules and Canon divergence. I generally assume that there is a valid reason for changing the guidelines for the system and from the start of the game setting will assume it's basically an alternate universe. I also tend to bite into any plot hooks I notice and am inclined to push other players into their plot traps and hooks as long as I'm not taking away their agency.

I am generally ok with any type of game but have a softer spot for animals that tends to push my characters into more drastic reactions positive or negative. I also have come to appreciate failure as an opportunity and a challenge but also like to stack the odds in my favor regardless.

Edit: sorry for the disjointed introduction but I'm less inclined to organize this post as a point to my own personality type so... Hope it's not too difficult to get through.
Last edited September 27, 2018 3:56 pm
Sep 27, 2018 4:01 pm
Welcome WaRrantedAns! I think it was a great introduction. Do you have PbP experience? A lot of what you said sounds like you'll love it (if you don't already).
Sep 27, 2018 4:39 pm
Welcome! The introduction was great!
Sep 27, 2018 4:54 pm
Welcome!
Sep 27, 2018 6:12 pm
Welcome to the community!
Sep 28, 2018 12:07 am
Welcome WaRrantedAns. You sound just obsessive enough to fit in with us chronics!
Sep 28, 2018 5:27 am
Hello and welcome!
Sep 28, 2018 11:58 am
Thanks everyone are there any games seeking a player?
Sep 29, 2018 12:18 am
I guess I can always take you for my Dungeonslayers game. It's going slowly lately and I think a few of the older players are just gone and I might need to inject new blood in this game...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.