Topic "Hors Personnage"/OOC Thread

load previous
Jul 30, 2019 9:37 am
Let me start by saying hi to everyone, and thanks for letting me join in. Will accommodate whether you are going to restart, or have me come in right in the middle. So I'll take the cue from you in deciding which character and archetype to roll up.
Jul 30, 2019 10:39 am
Hello from me as well! I’m also pretty flexible as to what archetype I play. I had an idea for a Vamp if TheVagrant decides they no longer want to play Edouard but I also really like the Fae and the Tainted… Honestly, the only archetype I don’t like is the Veteran so I’m up for most anything :P

Anyway, thanks for letting me join!
Last edited July 30, 2019 10:39 am
Jul 30, 2019 2:27 pm
Definitely, the Debts will have to be reformed no matter what we do.

I guess it really depends on Vagrant now. If he insists on trying a new archetype, it would be difficult to continue to current storm that way. If instead he chooses to continue playing Édouard, we could continue the current storm, modifying it somewhat according to what the new players would come up with.

Basically, all solutions are possible.
Jul 30, 2019 9:21 pm
Well then, lets continue with Edouard and this current storm. Lets get this started as quickly and simply as possible :)

Third time's the charm ;)
Jul 30, 2019 9:46 pm
Alright.

The new players can move to the character creation thread and start working on their characters. If Édouard and Victoria have any Debts tied to Jake or Pavel, those can be reassigned to the new players. And we'll continue on with the current storm.

Does that sound fair to everyone?
Jul 31, 2019 2:00 pm
I have two suggestions for my character for everyone's consideration, before I jump over to the character creation thread and flesh them out in full detail.

One is a Tainted character who arrives in Montreal to take over from where Jake left off. The background would be that the demon has sent someone else to finish his jobs, continue his debts, etc. I'm considering this if all of you feel it's necessary to provide continuity of plot for your current storm.

The other is an Immortal, newly arriving, to start a new phase of his life. He is drawn here because of the rumour that the reincarnation of a former lover from long ago has surfaced in the city. Working out the debts to the other characters wouldn't be too difficult, since he'll need help finding her, or protecting her from some yet-undefined danger. If I pick this, I can start creating straightaway.

What do you think?
Jul 31, 2019 4:10 pm
Both could be interesting. Though I do not know the Debts owed by a Tainted by heart and as such if it would make sense to pick up Jake's Debts. Though, we could always do the old "let's pretend Jake was your Tainted all along" cheat and run with that instead.

Your idea for the Immortal is also interesting, even if the reincarnated loved one is more of the Dragon's schtick... but it could also work. I mean nowhere in the rulebook does it states that the Dragon must be the only one with reincarnated loved ones...
Jul 31, 2019 10:57 pm
Well, I was also tossing up between an Immortal and a Tainted, so I guess I’ll take whichever archetype Bedzone doesn’t (and if they go for dragon like Kalajel suggested, I’ll take Immortal).
Aug 1, 2019 8:02 am
I'm liking what I'm seeing in the Dragon archetype, it's got great potential. I'll go for it! @oopsylon go ahead and pick whichever you prefer, no concern from me! :)
Aug 1, 2019 10:54 am
Great! I'll make up a character sheet ASAP. Kalajel, did you say you had the Immortal Playbook?
Aug 1, 2019 2:56 pm
Yes, I do own the Immortal playbook. Okay, let's see...

Plots and Schemes
Your immortal life is governed by your schemes. Choose two projects on which you have been working for some time. Tell everyone the schemes you've chosen, and the MC will ask you questions about them accordingly.
You may never have more than two schemes at a time, but you may halt a scheme and begin a new one at the beginning of any session. When you complete a scheme, claim the benefits associated with it. the MC will ensure that the benefit comes to pass: you may choose another scheme.
[ ] Alias: Declare a new identity. Your true name and identity are masked to any who knew them and cannot be uncovered without your permission. Set aside any Debts held against you: they are void until you reveal yourself.
[ ] Alliance: Name a group within a Faction: you have earned their allegiance. Add +1 to their Faction and take +1 ongoing against their members.
[ ] Leverage: Name an NPC: they owe you a Debt that can never be repaid. You always have a Debt on them until they die, and maybe even after they slip this mortal coil. Mark corruption whenever you cash in that Debt.
[ ] Revenge: Choose someone who has-in your opinion-wronged you. You have them alone and exposed, no matter their holdings or allies. If you show them mercy despite their sins, erase a corruption advance.
[ ] Stewardship: Declare an NPC or a thing you protect: it is safe and can never again be endangered, even by you. Erase a corruption advance.

Interruptions
Despite your maneuverings, the city has a tendency to disrupt even the best of your careful plans. At the start of play, choose three interruptions from the list below, and tell the MC which scheme each of them has affected and why they require you to directly intervene in the events to come.
[ ] An ancient foe resurfaces
[ ] An old friend or lover returns
[ ] An arcane asset vanishes
[ ] A clever feint explodes
[ ] A new enemy interferes
[ ] A new ally stumbles
You can apply all three interruptions to one scheme or spread them among the schemes in which you are engaged. Either way, these intrusions will not resolve on their own; you must directly engage to protect your investments.

Start of Session: Machnations
When you make the start of session move, use this move instead:
- Select one of your active schemes and a Faction. tell the MC why your machinations ensnare members of that Faction and roll with it. On a 10+, your plotting pays off: take a Debt on someone in that Faction or a useful piece of information, your choice. On a 7-9, your efforts yield an obvious-and short lived- opportunity; the MC will tell you what you need to do to seize it before it expires. On a miss, your scheme is derailed or interrupted; the MC will tell you who is to blame.

Drama Moves
Corruption Move
When you make us of someone as an unwitting or unwilling pawn in your schemes, mark corruption.
Intimacy Move
When you share a moment of intimacy-physical or emotional-with another person, you imbue them with immortality. When they die, you can mark a Scar to bring them back to life. Their End Move takes effect before they return.
End Move
When you die, roll with Spirit. On a hit, you come back whenever you choose. On a 10+, choose 1, on a 7-9, choose 2:
- Someone troubling sees you return: their silence costs you a Debt.
- You're disoriented and exposed: your enemies seize the opportunity.
- You witnessed a dark vision on the other side: mark corruption.
- you came back changed: tell the MC how death marks you.
On a miss, the MC picks 2 and tells you how and when you come back. You can truly die. Decide how and tell the MC in secret. If you willingly reveal it to another character, it counts as sharing a moment of intimacy.

Demeanor (pick one)
Conniving, Detached, Reserved, Self-Satisfied

Immortals start with the following stats (add 1 to one of the following)
Blood 0, Heart 2, Mind 1, Spirit -2.

It starts with the following factions (add 1 to one of those)
Mortality 0, Hight 0, Power 1, Wild 0

His intro questions:
- Who were you? Who are you now?
- How long have you lived in this city?
- Which mortal do you trust with your secrets?
- What do you loathe about your immortal existence?
- What still entices you about an ordinary mortal life?

Your gear:
- A palatial penthouse, a luxury car and driver, a smart phone
- An elegant weapon (choose one)
[ ] Silenced 9mm Glock (2-harm close)
[ ] Sword Cane (2-harm hand)
[ ] Throwing Daggers (2-harm intimate/close)
[ ] Katana (3-harm hand messy)
- A small black book of notes and records, written in a dead language.

Your Debts:
- You have been watching someone's lineage closely, keeping them safe from harm. They owe you two Debts.
- Someone has seen you die and come back to life. They haven't told anyone your secrets. You owe them a Debt.
- Someone usually accompanies you when you head straight into danger. Tell them why you trust them. You owe them two Debts.

Immortal Moves
You get these two:
[x] Chameleon: When you perform an important ritual of another Faction in their presence, roll with Heart. On a hit, all the members of that Faction must treat you as if you were one of their own for the rest of the scene. On a 10+, hold3. On a 7-9, hold 2. spend that hold 1 for 1 to roll with Heart instead of their Faction to Put a face to a name, Investigate a place of power, or Drop someone's name. On a miss, your observance opens up an opportunity for your enemies within the targeted Faction to strike openly at you or your interests.
[x] Dauntless: When you Keep your cool in the face of violent threats or intimidation, treat a 7-9 as a 10+ result. On a miss, you can stand your ground as if you had rolled a 7-9, but your resilience tips your hand, yoru oppositon learns something valuable about your schemes.
And choose one more:
[ ] Neck Deep: You've been in the city for a long time. Add +1 to any Faction that's not your own and name an NPC from that Faction with whom you have extended history. Take +1 ongoing when you Hit the streets to cisit your old friend. On a miss, something from your past has coma back to haunt you both.
[ ] Mortal Lover: You once had an intimate and lengthy relationship with a mortal; you learned something of value from their short life. Tell the MC what token you carry with you to sustain their memory and take a move from a Mortality archetype.
[ ] Duelist: When you Unleash an attack with an elegant weapon, roll with Heart instead of Blood. On a miss, you are disarmed, outgunned, or overwhelmed (MC's choice).
[ ] Objets d'art: You have acquired a number of objects, relics, and artifacts over your many lifetimes. You have enough space to house them at your penthouse and one or two staff (Min-jun and Orlando, maybe) to care for the most priceless items. Once per session, you may obtain an item from your collection that will serve as a perfect gift to an NPC of your choice; tell the MC where you got it from originally. If you bring an arcane item home to add to your holdings, you can research it as if you were a Scholar consulting his private collection.
Aug 2, 2019 1:09 am
I just figured an explanation as to why the new players would only just now start entering the adventure. Bai Suzhen would now only be getting over her month-long depression, and the Immortal could have been busy finishing his previous 2 schemes which required all of his attention...
Aug 3, 2019 4:37 pm
@ oopsylon: When I tried working out your permission so as to keep my MC section secret, your 4 clones still appeared on my list. I edited teh permission, but I'm not sure if your clones will potentially fuck those up... Can you just do a quick favor for me and see if you're able to view this?
Aug 7, 2019 2:58 am
Btw, my grasp of French is when I last studied it in high school, but it's been decades and I'm rusty. I can read, make casual conversation when on holiday, but can't write in it. So I'll be sticking to English, if that's ok.
Aug 7, 2019 11:58 am
A lot of the players in this game have very little French, but it certainly helps with that unique Quebec feel to have both.
Aug 31, 2019 11:33 am
Holy shit Toby just died! Good thing he's immortal! :D :D
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.