Introductions

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 2, 2018 5:28 pm
Hello!

My name is Ezra. I am someone wanting to get into Pbp games - as a player, I have been playing for a few months. As a DM, I only just recently started with an off-line game. I am looking for an outlet for heavy roleplay, which I hope to find here. I've only played D&D 5e but I would love to try some more systems if the DMs would be patient enough with me.

Outside of gaming, I like music and poetry. I am a college student (Freshman), so my schedule sometimes can vary.

Hope to meet some great people - have a wonderful day!
Last edited October 2, 2018 5:31 pm
Oct 2, 2018 5:49 pm
Welcome Ezra! I'm glad your open to lots of systems (most open to new-to-the-system players), and you'll find such going on here, along with a whole bunch of D&D 5e games, too, which I think is the most common.

What kind of poetry are you interested in? (I used to write lots of poetry, but have had a hard time connecting with other people's poetry. Curious as to what draws you in.)
Oct 2, 2018 5:49 pm
Welcome!
Oct 2, 2018 7:13 pm
Hello and welcome!

I do have 2 non D&D5 games going on:

A good old Med-Fan dungeoncrawler.

A bilingual political Urban Fantasy game set in Montreal.

If any of those interest you, feel free to hop in. Both systems are pretty rules-lite and newbie friendly.
Last edited October 2, 2018 7:13 pm
Oct 2, 2018 7:27 pm
Welcome!
Oct 3, 2018 2:42 am
Hello and welcome to the site!
Oct 4, 2018 2:07 pm
Welcome e.saville99! I was very into poetry back when I was in high school (even wrote a few, quite terrible, pieces). And as others have said, plenty of different systems get played here; hopefully you find something you like! Just be mindful, PbP can be slow, but don't let that throw you!
Oct 4, 2018 2:15 pm
Welcome, Ezra!
Oct 4, 2018 10:23 pm
Thank you guys so much for your welcomes! I'm sure I will definitely find some games to enjoy. And Qralloq, I tend to enjoy more free-form poetry (think Whitman), and also ones that have a particular genre of talking about tension and political events (such as Audre Lorde). I write myself, but it's more of a hobby than anything.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.