Other FFG Star Wars Titles?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 14, 2015 9:35 pm
Hey there --

Does anyone know if the current EotE game system would support Age of Rebellion or Force and Destiny? If not, I'll go add that to the vote thread. :)
Sep 14, 2015 9:37 pm
from my limited understanding (I've played in a Force and Destiny one shot with friends) they seem similar enough you should be able to do it but if not I support more FFG Star Wars :)
Sep 14, 2015 9:38 pm
So far, I've only played EotE, but a suggestion did come up a while ago to rename EotE to something more encompassing of the 3 systems (I liked Star Wars dN). Do AoR or FaD add fields EotE doesn't have? Would it just make sense to add those fields to the EotE sheet?
Sep 14, 2015 10:08 pm
It does. I briefly played a FaD on these forums using an EotE sheet/game. I think there may be additional fields (and yes it just makes sense to add them, the games mechanics are designed to be compatible; the variations are in layers not in top-down changes).
Sep 14, 2015 10:25 pm
At its core, all three systems are pretty similar. FaD will add a bit more flavor/context on Force Powers than I remember reading in either AoR or EotE, but I'd have to re-review. Otherwise the big difference is Obligation vs. Duty vs. Morality which is probably just a renaming of the field from Obligation to Obligation/Duty/Morality. Since I have all three, I'll look up the character sheets and see if I can spot meaningful differences. I'll also try and create a FaD or AoR character sheet later using EotE to see what seems like doesn't work (if anything).

More from me in a day or so.
Sep 14, 2015 10:30 pm
Thanks falryx. I'll look into it as well, though I have some bugs that take priority right now.
Sep 15, 2015 4:43 pm
Alrighty -- I did my research. The character sheets are almost identical.

Age of Rebellion
Edge of the Empire
Force and Destiny

Age of Rebellion adds a knowledge skill: Warfare (Int)
Force and Destiny adds a combat skill: Lightsaber (Br)

On page two of the character sheets both Obligations and Duty have the same fields. In Force and Destiny the Morality box is somewhat different. Force and Destiny also adds a 'Force Power' section within Talents. Otherwise page 2 is identical across all three games.

Without understanding any of the mechanics that are behind your character sheet software, I think the following changes would make an EotE character sheet generally FFG-Star Wars:

(1) add knowledge skill Warfare (Int)
(2) add combat skill Lightsaber (Br) (note that it's not /always/ Br based on talents, but not sure that matters)
(3) rename Obligations to Obligations / Duty
(4) add Morality section with requisite items (this allows all characters to potentially have all three or 2 of the three for mixing and matching between core rulebooks)
(5) add a Force Power section

With those changes, I think the sheet is generic enough it's good for all of the games.

Obviously, queue this to a priority level as makes sense with all the other work you have to do. I just wanted to complete the research and report back.
Last edited September 15, 2015 4:44 pm
Sep 15, 2015 5:37 pm
So for skills, hey, add what you want! Skills are open fields, with type-ahead suggestions. Likewise, pick whatever skill you want to add to it. I can rename/retool Obligations without an issue. And adding two new sections would just mean I'd have to look up how they're setup and add them.

One feature I've been meaning to add has been to decouple systems and character sheets. This would mean you could allow any character sheet to any systems (game creators would pick what character sheets they allow), and would mean someone could create a F&D game OR a EotE game and pick the "Star Wars FFG" or "Star Wars dN" character sheet for it. I could do that change and this at the same time.
Sep 15, 2015 7:00 pm
Star Wars dN never struck me as particularly informative, Star Wars FFG is a great generic name #twocents
Sep 15, 2015 7:04 pm
If I was going to have a 'd' moniker for FFG it'd be Star Wars dWierd ;)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.