Out of Character

Oct 18, 2018 7:09 am
The mandatory thread for OOC stuff. Character creation/development ideas, notifications of planned absence and anything else not directly "main story RP" goes here.
Oct 18, 2018 11:35 am
What method do you want us to use for stat generation? Standard Fantasy 15-point buy or something different?
Oct 18, 2018 12:11 pm
Standard Fantasy 15-point buy
Oct 18, 2018 2:43 pm
Alright! While I've said as much in my PM, for the others:

My plan is to take the "Framed (Dropout)" trait to connect to the story - class-wise, Sorcerer (potentially with the Sage Bloodline), Oracle, Wizard, Arcanist or Magus would all fit my backstory and playstyle just fine.
Oct 19, 2018 2:43 pm
Great. I'll start working something up.

Probably be a melee person, barbarian, paladin, fighter. Something like that.
Last edited October 19, 2018 2:54 pm
Oct 20, 2018 6:27 pm
Hello. I was thinking of making a fallen noble bulit along the swashbuckling archetype. I was thinking his family could have had their power stripped by this guy were trying to get vengeance on
Oct 21, 2018 9:38 pm
Revisiting, the Khorvosa fluff, I think I will remake my character into a rogue that was one of the children that Lamm abducted and forced to work for him. I'll pick tortured as my backgound.
Oct 22, 2018 7:11 am
So far it looks like Silim will take up either the cleric or arcanist spot, Vulco1 goes for melee and optimumsquare has rogue skills covered. Pretty good mix. I'll message the 4th player who hasn't shown signs of life so far, if we don't get a response I'll open up the slot for someone new to join in.
Oct 22, 2018 8:54 am
Sorry for not showing life. I was a bit busy with IRL last weekend. In any case GM if you would still allow. I was thinking of creating a Caster.
Oct 22, 2018 3:46 pm
I've started filling out my character sheet. Human fighter. Kind of a dex build. Betrayed reformed criminal. Should be fun
Oct 22, 2018 9:09 pm
I've made my char and submitted him. Went with a different Sorcerer build than I first planned that's more blasty, but will still have the usual slew of arcane supporting spells down the line. Everything should be in order, tell me if I missed anything in the transfer from pcgen to the site.
Oct 22, 2018 9:45 pm
My Character is also up and finalized pending DM stamp of approval. Let me know if I need to change anything or have made any mistakes.
Oct 23, 2018 8:10 am
Alright, a few comments on the submitted characters

Tider (optimumsquare): According to the Player's Guide (pg. 8) elves are pretty rare in Korvosa and most of them live in an elven enclave full of diplomats and sages; Tider's family would have both the motive and resources to look for him, so you might want to make him an orphan. Also, given Tider's facial features (and ears), Lamm would be aware that he's an elf, so beating him up for creepily not aging sounds a bit off. The Tortured background says your character was beat up and left for dead after making one too many errors, so I'd suggest to revise that part as "Lamm beat him up for failing his overly high expectations". Elves are a rare catch for him, they can infiltrate certain areas (such as the elven enclave) without raising much suspicion and should be good with stealth, picking pockets etc (because Dexterity) so Lamm expected much that Tider couldn't deliver.

Sezuram (Silim): Half-orc and sorcerer is an interesting combo, especially with the rest of the build. There's no character background on the sheet, but with Orc bloodline, Magical Lineage and that Bloodline Power, I'd guess he's the offspring of a (quite powerful) orc shaman of sorts. Perhaps the mom was a member of the Shoanti, which would also explain the Sacred Tattoo (because Orc tribal tattoos on a City-Raised character don't make much sense). Last but not least, I'm curious about the Framed (Dropout) background; the Acadamae is strictly restricted to Wizards and actually goes to great lengths to propagate that magic without rigid training is dangerous, which of course gives a bad rep to sorcerers (Player's Guide pg. 11) so unless you want to change it, the Dropout background could refer to a religious order or a certain social group.

Iroboang submitted an incomplete tentative character sheet that also says "sorcerer". Since he talked about a "Caster" earlier and Silim submitted a sorcerer character first, I was thinking we keep Sezuram and Iroboang might wanna switch to a more cleric-y character to fill in that gap. Up to you two, of course.

Still waiting for Vulco1's character.
Oct 23, 2018 10:49 am
Backstory is now included!
Oct 23, 2018 4:03 pm
Sorry about that. I filled in and loaded the character sheet. I forget to hit the submit button.
Oct 23, 2018 9:16 pm
Updated backstory posted.
Oct 24, 2018 7:25 am
Silim(Sezuram): Nice work on tying everything into the backstory. Sezuram is ready to go.

Vulco1(Marcus Cole): Nothing much to say mechanics-wise, unless you want to spend more gold on gear. Wonder what "Betrayed Criminal Reformer" at the Notes section is about. Still missing a background trait connecting the character to Gaedren Lamm and backstory, whilst not mandatory, would be nice.

Optimumsquare(Tider): Appreciate the changes to the backstory. One more tweak I'd suggest; Lamm has a "pet" alligator he calls Gobblegut, so lets say that in Tider's case, Lamm was too wasted to unchain the beast in time and Tider was swept by the current before the beast could eat him alive. Someone picked him up for dead and dropped him at the church of Pharasma (Godess of the Dead) to be buried, where the clerics realized he's still alive, healed him and sent him on his way.

Still waiting on iroboang's character and we can get the game started.
Oct 24, 2018 8:26 pm
The backstory was the "betrayed Criminal Reform", I can personalize it but that was straight out of the book. Yeah, I'll probably spend a bit more gold on equipment and stuff like that. Thanks for the feedback
Oct 25, 2018 12:56 am
Updated with GM comments. Super excited to start
Oct 25, 2018 6:12 am
Do I have to flesh out the complete back ground story DM before we can start? or can I add to it a long the way. I have kind of the general back story but not as flesh out as the others at the moment.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.