OOC Discussion

load previous
Oct 1, 2015 8:25 pm
None. Second time DMing a 5E game so I'm going to keep things simple. :-)

I'll have a story post up in about an hour or so...
Oct 1, 2015 8:42 pm
No worries. Just checking :-)
Oct 1, 2015 8:43 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:

*Climb Onto bigger Creature
Wow - I'm going to have to read my DMG more closely! I'm imagining "Shadow of the Colossus" scenarios now!
Oct 1, 2015 8:49 pm
spaceseeker19 says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:

*Climb Onto bigger Creature
Wow - I'm going to have to read my DMG more closely! I'm imagining "Shadow of the Colossus" scenarios now!
P 271 of the DMG :)
Oct 2, 2015 8:30 pm
I can't tell you how much I am enjoying playing this character. :)
Totally the most ridiculous character I have ever played.
Oct 2, 2015 11:05 pm
No use letting good goblins corpses go to waste. :-)
Oct 3, 2015 4:32 pm
How much longer to I have on that exhaustion?
Oct 3, 2015 4:52 pm
There's a specific location I have in mind where it will wear off. Not too much longer.

When I ran the game originally I had anyone that failed three swim rolls in a row suffer HP damage instead. The exhaustion seemed more reasonable this time around.
Oct 3, 2015 4:59 pm
I do appreciate the exhaustion in place of HP damage lol
Not that I really mind, the disadvantage is causing some fun for me
Oct 3, 2015 5:04 pm
That's one thing that I tried to get across to the people that I was running this with IRL. Don't look at a bad situation as something bad, look at as an opportunity to have something cool happen that wouldn't have happened otherwise. Not sure they bought it though. :-)
Oct 3, 2015 5:06 pm
Psshhh, that's the point of these games. It's not to win all the time with no trouble, it's to have cool stuff happen!
Oct 3, 2015 5:25 pm
I think they'll get there as we continue to play. RPGs are still a bit of a foreign concept to them as they're used to boardgames and strict sequences of play and the like. We're firing up the start of a campaign on the 15th (did a character creation session last week) so we'll see how it goes. :-)
Oct 3, 2015 5:26 pm
Good luck, and enjoy teaching the newbies!
Oct 6, 2015 4:43 am
Err...Valrakas doesn't wear any armor. Nor clothes, except for trousers. He is a bare-torsoed pirate minotaur barabarian :-) Cyriel can put the glow on Valrakas' harpoon, I guess.
Oct 6, 2015 11:58 am
Sounds saucy. OK then big guy, Cyriel will touch your harpoon.
Last edited October 6, 2015 12:03 pm
Oct 6, 2015 2:35 pm
Merlin says:
Sounds saucy. OK then big guy, Cyriel will touch your harpoon.
LOL!
Oct 6, 2015 9:26 pm
Wow, going to have to rename this game "The Pict Problem: After Dark!" :-)
Oct 6, 2015 11:05 pm
Horns and Harpoons, Fifth Edition.
Oct 8, 2015 6:39 am
Haha, sorry gang, I know it's reckless and will probably land us in a spot of trouble, but that's how things are around Valrakas :-D
Oct 8, 2015 2:30 pm
Ok, I missed the part about the tunnels being only 3ft high. Obviously only Vex can get in there without going on all fours (a risky proposition for sure). I doubt Valrakas could or would anyhow.

How does the main tunnel look?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.