OOC Discussion

load previous
Oct 8, 2015 3:47 pm
Yeah, I'm hoping that the last turn is into a larger tunnel, or else Vex is going to go fishing for us (running down passages and then letting things chase him back into the tight squeeze so we can fight them...except only one of us could fight in this narrow passage, so if we're forced to do that, we should probably go back to the saddle room with Cyriel.
Oct 8, 2015 4:03 pm
I really hope I don't have to play bait!
Oct 8, 2015 10:20 pm
You can assume that "BRAK DA GUH!" is goblin for "Blow me!" or any other saying along those lines. :-)
Oct 9, 2015 3:06 pm
So I'm having a hard time picturing what happened. Here's what I thought happened:
We were all in the saddle room ("You are here" on the map). Vex went south into that narrow, 2.5' wide corridor (the "main" corridor). At the first torch, he looked around the corner and wolves started growling.
Vex ducked back so the wolves couldn't see him.
Erevior walked south into that corridor, coming up behind Vex.
Valrakas squeezed south into that corridor, behind Erevior.
A goblin came into the main corridor, saw the party, and ran south, past the first two side passages, and ducked into the third side passage.
The goblin yells about leaving his doggies alone.
Valrakas bull rushes south along the narrow main corridor, pushing Erevior and Vex in front of him.
They pass the first side passage, which contains a cage with wolves. They rile up, and the goblin yells to calm them.
They pass the second side passage, the wolves there start to rile up, and the goblin peeks back around the corner of the third side passage, making an insulting (but unintended) racial slur at Vex.
Vex passes the goblin to continue to the end of the corridor, where it turns east.
Somehow, Valrakas passes Erevior in the narrow corridor to follow Vex?
Somehow, Valrakas passes Vex in the narrow corridor to look around the corner?
Valrakas sees a door around the corner.
Valrakas walks back north to the third passage, threatens the goblin, who slinks away after calling an insult.
Cyriel comes south down the narrow corridor to join the others.
Is that correct?
I don't actually know where we are, relative to each other anymore. It's a bit like Heisenberg's cat: I know we're all in the north-south corridor somewhere, but more than that, I can't say.
I probably missed some secret and awesome stuff involving stealth and acrobatics. No matter, I guess.
http://i.imgur.com/xBNxj0E.jpg
Last edited October 9, 2015 3:09 pm
Oct 9, 2015 5:04 pm
Sorry for the confusion, let's see if I can straighten things up a bit...

Initially you were all in the saddle room. Vex went to peek into the first tunnel and wolves started making noise. He slid back a bit and Erevior and Valrakas came up behind him.

Goblin comes in from the south, gets hit with radiance, and darts into the third tunnel.

Valrakas says he's going to charge goblin pushing everyone along with him.

I remind him that the tunnels that the goblin side stepped into are just 3' tall (In essence canceling his charge. Valrakas then changes to searching the main tunnel). I should have been more clear that Valrakas running down the hall was canceled. When he changed to searching I just assumed he was walking behind Vex as Vex was checking into the tunnel (had squeezed by Erevior).

So, I have Valrakas at the end of the hallway, Vex peering into the third tunnel, Erevior and Cereal at the northern end of the tunnel.

Sound about right?
Oct 9, 2015 5:36 pm
Yeah, I'm back with the Froot Loops. Thanks for the clarification.
Oct 9, 2015 10:37 pm
No, that does not sound right at all!!! Who's Cereal?

Btw, I was confused too, thanks for the clarification.
Oct 11, 2015 5:10 pm
I've seen on another thread that there may be an issue with the 'notes' feature. I was wondering if Naatkinson saw the one where Vex was called a "No beard dwarf". Not that it would have changed the outcome or anything, I just want to make sure if the feature is working here or not.

Note to Naatkinson
The second tunnel is much like the first, two wolves behind a locked metal gate. They appear to be well taken care of and have what appears to be a fresh bedding of hay lining their 'den'. As you look down the third tunnel there is yet another gate. The goblin has locked himself in with his 'doggies' and is petting them to calm them down. He appears to be unarmed.
Oct 11, 2015 5:20 pm
I can see the notes. I think that I actually mentioned the no beard dwarf thing in one of my posts.
Oct 11, 2015 5:24 pm
You did mention that, but the no beard thing wasn't actually part of the note, so I just wanted to make sure everyone is seeing what I think they were. Thanks!
Oct 13, 2015 1:58 pm
This could be amusing. Sleep isn't restricted to hostile targets, it starts with the lowest hp creature in the area (which is probably Cyriel), so he could potentially put himself (or us) to sleep.
Oct 13, 2015 2:13 pm
I don't think anyone (other than Cyriel[*]) has lower HP than the goblins, who've been dropping with 4 HP of damage. But he probably knows well enough to center it 11' away from himself. So they'll drop first, but that leaves 20 HP of sleep: Vex will drop (at around 10 HP) if he's in range, or Erevior (at 12 HP), but there won't be enough left to drop Valrakas, a barbarian with at least 12 (probably more like 11 current) HP.

* - Not knowing how to pronounce it, we were joking that it rhymes with "Cereal" or "Surreal"
Oct 14, 2015 3:21 am
I am in Costa Rica this week, so lagging a lot. I don't have any of my books. I didn't realize sleep affects the caster. I guess elven resistance to sleep is old D&D. Anyway he had to do something drastic cos he's on one hp.

I pronounce Cyriel in my head like Cereal, or Cyril with an e, so I'll let you off.
Oct 14, 2015 3:23 am
Sleep can affect the caster, but can't actually affect elves, I had forgotten that.
Oct 14, 2015 10:12 pm
Naatkinson says:
Sleep can affect the caster, but can't actually affect elves, I had forgotten that.
Totally forgot about that - I'll have to remember to keep checking your sheets!
Oct 16, 2015 2:10 am
So, no books with me. How long would we have to rest for Vex to get his cures back. Cyriel is on one hit point, so I'm feeling a little vulnerable.
Oct 16, 2015 2:12 am
8 hours would get all your HP back, 1 hour would allow you to spend your hit die to regain HP. I need 8 hours to regain spells
Oct 16, 2015 3:12 am
Aha! I forgot about the hit dice roll. Is everyone ok with waiting an hour? I'll do what the group wants.
Oct 16, 2015 3:50 am
That's what Vex was hinting at ;)
Oct 17, 2015 3:16 pm
An hour is fine. Eight might be OK, too, depending on what the pirate finds.
Last edited October 17, 2015 3:17 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.