General Discussion

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 7, 2015 5:55 pm
That or you guys are going to get dropped by the first Goblin you come across. :) I like it though.
Oct 7, 2015 6:01 pm
DMKiado says:
That or you guys are going to get dropped by the first Goblin you come across. :) I like it though.
Amar would never that happen.
Oct 7, 2015 7:06 pm
I am really swamped at work all this week and my kids birthday is Sunday so i really cant get into much creativity atm. I will try to put some input when i can.

I maybe thinking a funny/stupid character maybe. Horork is the really first serious guy i have played in a while. I will have to see what everyone else does.
Last edited October 7, 2015 7:48 pm
Oct 7, 2015 10:46 pm
So, I had a specific Idea for a character, but wanted to run it through the rest of you. I was thinking about being a street urchin, child (an Ender-like character of around 15). I just want to make sure this was ok with everyone else. I don't want the party have to protect "the kid" all the time during the game (especilly in battles or brewing conflict).
Oct 7, 2015 11:35 pm
Well 15 is not really young back then. They would be married with 3 kids. Lol. I like the idea though.
Oct 8, 2015 1:24 am
Kjmagle says:
Well 15 is not really young back then. They would be married with 3 kids. Lol. I like the idea though.
Haha, this is a good point. What about a kid? Like 12? Would your character feel the need to protect them? In general lets say.

Tea and I were talking about if character age would effect the behavior of a party if the character was a child like 11 or 12? I think if I were playing the good guy character I would always be trying to protect the child in the party. Curious what others think now?
Also, I got killed at work today, I got a kid with the flu who has been running a fever for 24 hours and is just miserable. Not going to be time for me until late tonight, and I may be too tired. So tomorrow I will get back in the action.
Oct 8, 2015 2:42 am
DMKiado says:
Kjmagle says:
Haha, this is a good point. What about a kid? Like 12? Would your character feel the need to protect them? In general lets say.

Tea and I were talking about if character age would effect the behavior of a party if the character was a child like 11 or 12? I think if I were playing the good guy character I would always be trying to protect the child in the party. Curious what others think now?
Also, I got killed at work today, I got a kid with the flu who has been running a fever for 24 hours and is just miserable. Not going to be time for me until late tonight, and I may be too tired. So tomorrow I will get back in the action.
No worries! Life always comes first! Besides, the theme of these PbP games seems to be "slow and steady wins the race".

As to protecting a child PC, I think my current character would feel that need for sure, but not every character. Aoth for example, depending on the situation, my feel the need to protect the kid, or may have a kind of "figure it out, I did" attitude.

For the record, I have no problem with this. High drama baby!
Oct 8, 2015 2:59 am
As well, it probably be good to note that I am looking at a life domain cleric and I will focus everything I have on healing spells, so this will naturally keep me out of combat (that and it looks as if my strength is going to be -3...).
Oct 8, 2015 12:05 pm
I like the idea. I am planning to be very happy-go-lucky, positive, always looking at the bright side kind of attitude. I think my character would really get along well with a twelve-year-old.

Although, now that I'm thinking about it, a street urchin child may have lost much of that in him/herself.

I don't think I'd feel the need to protect a kid more than any other member of the party.
Oct 8, 2015 6:02 pm
So update on me, I may be in and out of pocket today. My daughter has some kind of virus (she just got tested for all kinds of crap at the doctor) so it's a wait and run it's course situation. So like I said, I will be around, here and there.
Oct 8, 2015 8:57 pm
DMKiado says:
So update on me, I may be in and out of pocket today. My daughter has some kind of virus (she just got tested for all kinds of crap at the doctor) so it's a wait and run it's course situation. So like I said, I will be around, here and there.
Hope she gets better for getting better and not for our game. I dont like it when my child gets sick either.

I just finish work project. Just did over 2200 orders in 4 days. I have a pistachio pudding brain right now.
Oct 9, 2015 11:53 pm
Kjmagle says:

Hope she gets better for getting better and not for our game. I dont like it when my child gets sick either.

I just finish work project. Just did over 2200 orders in 4 days. I have a pistachio pudding brain right now.
Thanks, she is already improving actually. Hasn't had a fever since like 2 PM now. Keeping our fingers crossed.

And regardless of what "orders" constitute, that is a lot of orders man!
Oct 12, 2015 2:12 pm
May I just say that I am so excited to see these characters interact! The unwilling warlock, the retired soldier, the reluctant paladin, the bard lookin' for love (in all the wrong places? Lets hope not), and the divine idiot urchin (I assume...considering the Int 5 score).

I already want to give tea's character a hug.
Oct 12, 2015 2:23 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
May I just say that I am so excited to see these characters interact! The unwilling warlock, the retired soldier, the reluctant paladin, the bard lookin' for love (in all the wrong places? Lets hope not), and the divine idiot urchin (I assume...considering the Int 5 score).

Sorry, I haven't laid my ability scores out... essentialy my character is not going to be too knowledgeable, because he is a child, but I think that the 5 would be better suited for strength.
Last edited October 12, 2015 2:31 pm
Oct 12, 2015 2:53 pm
teaanddice says:
Friar_Tuk says:

Sorry, I haven't laid my ability scores out... essentialy my character is not going to be too knowledgeable, because he is a child, but I think that the 5 would be better suited for strength.
Got it. I was a bit surprised by that choice. 5 Str makes a lot more sense!
Oct 12, 2015 3:54 pm
I like the setup too. I am having to re-write some of my ideas, but I think its for the better. I got way more to work with now.

Been a crazy last week and weekend, but getting back to normal this week.
Oct 12, 2015 3:58 pm
How is your kid doing?
Oct 12, 2015 4:09 pm
She started recovering Friday afternoon. She had a fever rash for a while afterward, but she is right as rain now. Well she is super pissed about all the make up homework, but happy to be not fevered out.
Oct 15, 2015 6:30 pm
You have my sympathy; my daughter's foot swelled up from some sort of bug bite (spider, we think) the past couple of days. She's spent a lot of time visiting doctors and at the hospital in her young life, and it's all pretty taxing.

But I digress; what I wanted to say was that I'm really looking forward to this game!
Oct 16, 2015 6:02 pm
Yeah, we had those days when my daughter was like 5 and 6. Been a pretty stout kid since 9 or 10 though, so it was odd. It's sort of put a chain reaction in place though, so was catching up with work and what not until yesterday. I had an idea when this all started and now it's turned much grander with you guys participating and character creation, etc. Glad you guys are here, it's been an inspiration from every one of you.

We will get started in initial RP and getting the party setup through story next week sometime.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.