General Discussion

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 11, 2016 4:27 pm
I'm ready then. I'll get my gear updated ASAP.

DMCInactive forever!

Jan 12, 2016 4:25 pm
I figured unless you give us anything specific, I'm gonna go with starting gear. Character sheet updated.
Last edited January 12, 2016 4:35 pm
Jan 12, 2016 9:28 pm
Cool, I have a post half written to get us started. We had a all company meeting today, so I haven't gotten it up yet, but later today or tonight and we will kick this off.
Jan 13, 2016 8:28 pm
Pretty cool opening
Jan 13, 2016 9:25 pm
Thanks. It's time to kick this thing off. I could world build forever, or I can world build while having fun playing the game. I know the general storylines, and we will see how you guys end up fitting into those, or completely changing them.
Jan 13, 2016 9:53 pm
Lmao i had to reread my backstory. I total forgotten it. Lol
Jan 13, 2016 10:02 pm
Kjmagle says:
Lmao i had to reread my backstory. I total forgotten it. Lol
Yep, I have been reading over them sporadically the last couple of days, I had to get my head back in it. haha.

I got a nice spreadsheet laid out now, but if I ever miss something, you guys speak up. This world is an open book presently, at the character micro level, so feel free to make up things that are within reason of what you feel is the tone.
Jan 13, 2016 10:46 pm
So I have an idea, and I wanted to run it by you guys. Some of us are in the same games, or at least have participated in a few games on here now. So I think we can all weigh in on this idea. I almost proposed it in Tea's game, but it's not my game.

Idea
A separate forum for individual conversations between player characters. Let me explain what I am thinking and you tell me if you think it would enhance or hurt and confuse the game.

Lets say each time you guys want to have a PC to PC or multiple PC conversation, then you would start a new thread in this sub-forum, maybe call it "Convo-Galas&Oswald-Inn" then you can link the main game post to this thread so it can be read by others.

Possible Benefits I could see:
- Keeping the main game thread clear of long conversations intermixed with other things.
- Actual conversations between just a two, three or four characters that are involved, or present.

Possible problems:
- Needing to wrap up a conversation before moving on in the main thread.
- Confusion as to what is going on if someone isn't reading the convos.

What do you guys think? Comments? Maybe? Hell no, bad idea?
Jan 13, 2016 10:51 pm
Idk about that only because the side forum and the main one may not match up. Also what if some one joins into the conversation? And then all join in?

I say that because ai might get confused.
Jan 13, 2016 11:18 pm
I haven't played in any games here on GP yet where conversation has been an impediment to the flow of the game, but I say that knowing full well that most of the games I've played have been in the Action genre. Most conversations have taken one page or less in a thread, with most space given to combat rounds and the like.

So I don't really see the benefit. I also see another drawback, which I've run into with my Jorune game: having too many threads makes it very hard to look something up in the future. "What did this person say at this time?" is a question that comes up a lot more often than I expected when I started playing and then running games on here six months ago, and just finding the answers to such things in a single thread (as in my N1 game) is tough enough, much less when you have to sift through several threads (as in my Jorune game, which may have as many threads as a dozen). Something that some of us have done with our games is create a separate threads for maps and other visual elements, so that we can more easily find that stuff again when we need to refer to it later. But conversations? I don't know; it seems like it adds confusion rather than reducing it.

Barring a search threads function being implemented on GP, I guess the only remedy for the problem I describe is taking copious notes by hand or in another window.

DMCInactive forever!

Jan 13, 2016 11:19 pm
I would tend to agree with SpaceSeeker. Keeping everything in one thread would be my suggestion. If a convo runs long, then so be it. Keeping everything in one place is my suggestion.
Jan 14, 2016 12:03 am
I'm in agreement. I wouldn't recommend separate threads.
Jan 14, 2016 12:35 am
Gotta pause for a bit, will post later tonight. Oh man, things are lookin' good so far!
Jan 14, 2016 3:02 am
Ok, so far, this game has the most amazing characterization I've experienced here on Gamersplane! Can we all make a pact to keep up this level as the game goes on? So many of these games start so strong, then just kind of fizzle. Not saying we need rapid fire posts or even daily posts. Quality over quantity. Let's all attempt to keep the quality high on this one!
Jan 14, 2016 5:34 am
Haha, I'll try my best Friar. Think we are all pretty regular here, and have been for a while, so I am not worried about it. We can cross that bridge if we get there I am sure.

I have to say I agree with all of you on all of your points I do believe. The more I thought on it tonight, I didn't like it either. It's a quick thought I have had a couple of times before, so I just kind of threw it out there. Appreciate the feedback all!

I am always trying to be special, so if I do something you guys don't like, seriously don't hesitate to speak up.
Jan 14, 2016 5:47 am
Oh man, I just read everything, you guys are awesome. I think you guys are going to make this way more interesting than I ever would. I like a challenge though. Keeps me honest.

If anyone has any character questions, wants to ask something or whatever you can send me a PM as well.
Jan 14, 2016 12:54 pm
I gotta say the one this about Gamersplane is you become a writer. It's like (dmblock ep) written improv. Love it.

I had some ideas that i was going to do and when other did something that changed that I went with the "yes and" theory. Works really good.
Jan 14, 2016 2:06 pm
I'm jazzed. I know I always love the roleplaying component of these games. And I agree with KJ, it's cool to be able to write the roleplay here, as opposed to acting it out like at a normal table.
Jan 14, 2016 3:26 pm
I'm going to hold off posting more until Spaceseeker gets a post or two in.
Jan 14, 2016 3:36 pm
Sounds good. I didnt even notice he didn't post yet. I am also interested who the one eyed one arm man is.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.