Game Posts

load previous
May 27, 2017 3:42 am
The turn of the tree catches Kicsi off guard and she lets out slight gasp before her training kicks in. Springing backwards onto the palm of her hands she flips into a crouched position and starts to reach for her sword before hearing the tree speak to her.

"Uh... I am called Kicsi, Kicsi Leszúr" she responds, slowly rising to a standing position. A little embarrassed by both her reaction and that she was detected at all she stands awkwardly for a moment before slightly bowing to the tree.
May 27, 2017 4:51 pm
"I am Artek, of the Ancient Grove of the Wood Benders. We have not received any visitors for a very, very..." He trails off and looks away for a minute, "..very long time."
Jun 3, 2017 12:59 pm
"Vikent," Vikent offers, and bows with a little flourish. "We were exploring the area. I hope that we are not disturbing your rest."
Jun 4, 2017 1:13 pm
"I have slept for over a milenia I believe. It is good to stretch once in a while." He answers.
Jun 4, 2017 5:42 pm
Cuon takes this all in quietly and silently and ensures that whatever weapons he had readied in his caution are carefully stowed away.
Jun 5, 2017 4:45 pm
"It's good to meet you, Artek. What is the purpose of this place, if you don't mind my asking?"
Jun 8, 2017 12:15 am
We are the glade of the Wood Bender Elves of course. There has been no need of us since the first god war, and thus, we have slept and had no visitors. The arch only opens when the world is in dire need of our help. Is a great war once again on us?" He replies.
Jun 8, 2017 12:28 am
Vikent shrugs. "How are such as we to know, great one? The ages turn. A great battle was fought north of here, and the land was frozen forever after." He shrugs once more. "But a god war?"
Jun 8, 2017 6:32 pm
"No, there is no great war," Tethys says, "There are a lot of strange things going on, but it's nothing that we can't handle."
Jun 8, 2017 10:50 pm
Kicsi remains in her position and looks about, just to keep an eye on things as the others converse with the tree.
Jun 10, 2017 11:56 pm
"But you were sent here for a reason. Whom do you represent?"
Jun 12, 2017 12:24 am
"The Crimson Crusade, great one. We are on an errand for the High Justice."
Jun 13, 2017 10:13 pm
"I have not heard of this crusade, is it a holy venture?"
Jun 16, 2017 3:18 am
Cuon frowns, "That is a nuanced question, I think. Or rather, perhaps a nuanced answer. We are not beholden to gods -- and thus our effort is to ensure balance in the world."
Jun 18, 2017 11:18 pm
"Balance you say?" and huge deep noise emits from the ancient tree, and after a moment you realize it is laughter. "Balance is never balanced. It is a fulcrum for the ever changing world to hover back and forth on. Think of it like a child's teeter totter, on one end is the force of good, the other side is the force of evil. In the center lies a point that the line balances on. At any given moment, evil or good is stronger than it's counterpart, but if the line stays still and neither is in control, the line fills with good, evil and neither one and everything is combined creating all evil and all good things. It would be chaos not balance."
Jun 22, 2017 5:01 am
Cuon remarks, "I had not thought to get into a theological debate with... well, a tree. I do not agree with your assessment. Is the blade of grass evil? Is it good? It is neither - it is a blade of grass in balance with the air and the soil and the rain. Is the deer evil? Is it good? It is neither. Balance is harmony, not chaos."
Jun 22, 2017 11:53 am
Tethys nods his agreement with Cuon's argument. If balance is not worth striving for, then what has been the purpose of his existence, either as a druid or as part of the Crimson Crusade?
Jun 23, 2017 2:30 am
Vikent leans against a wall, leaving the debate to those who have inclinations to think things through.
Jun 23, 2017 10:34 pm
"When the rain doesn't come, will the grass not try and overtake it's fellow blades? Will it not try and kill the weeds so it can have all the nutrients and moisture? If there is only enough food for one deer, will it not try and run off or fight with other deer to get the food? All balance is one variable away from chaos and do you not feel it in the world now? By removing certain variables, you don't ensure balance, you take away the governing factors, creating chaos. What once held said variables, gods, in awe, is left godless, they turn to their own means to rule and try and make order. When good and evil are removed, neutrality has nothing to measure it's self against and becomes unbalanced." The tree says after a long pondering.
Jun 30, 2017 4:15 am
"Survival is not chaos. When the rain comes again, the water and nutrients are shared and there is more grass. Balance means that the world is as the world should be. If it cannot support the many deer it has, they are diminished -- and so too are the wolves that feed on them. Thus does the world return to a state where more deer can be supported, and thus more wolves. The cycle is not chaos, it is balance."

Cuon's a little out of his depth here and he looks at the Druid for some help.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.