1.2 Descent to the Sewers

load previous
Oct 27, 2015 5:38 pm
"So...any sign that anyone went that way, or should we continue going the way we were going?" Weylan is nervous about being split up, and about Alanya being in that hole with Rufio. They're going to be fine... Being in the city took some getting used to, but being enclosed in a hole like that? He shudders to think of it.
Last edited October 27, 2015 5:39 pm
Oct 27, 2015 9:41 pm
"There has to be another way other than that little hole." While not overly large in stature Szent still doesn't like the idea of being confined in such a small passageway.
Oct 28, 2015 1:56 am
"Hey Rufio, see anything yet??" I follow a few yards behind him just to be safe.
Oct 28, 2015 10:25 am
As Rufio crawls along the passage he covers the first 60' without incident. About 100' into the passage he and Alanya hear a *click*.

About 50' ahead he can see flickering light.

Rufio, please roll Dex save. You have triggered a trap.
Oct 28, 2015 12:18 pm
Danger Sense: At 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren’t as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger. You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can’t be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.

Rolls

Dex save - (1d20+1, 1d20+1)

1d20+1 : (6) + 1 = 7

1d20+1 : (8) + 1 = 9

Oct 28, 2015 10:56 pm
Rufio's danger sense tingles and he attempts to roll out of the way of the collapsing floor. Alas, he simply rolls into the pit.

Take damage below, and roll Con save to avoid shouting out.

(Sorry, I'll spare you the die rolls soon)

Rolls

Pit trap damage - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Oct 29, 2015 6:52 am
Rufio realizes the danger too late. As he falls into the pit trap he tries to suppress shouting out for fear of alerting any slavers (or worse!) lurking about.

Rolls

CON save - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Oct 29, 2015 6:20 pm
"Rufio! What's going on?" I whisper as loudly as I can in his direction.
Oct 29, 2015 8:15 pm
Elden, still on the other side of the walkway, keeps an eye out for anything dangerous in the sewers

Rolls

Perception [Disadvantage for lighting?] - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (2) + 5 = 7

1d20+5 : (7) + 5 = 12

Oct 29, 2015 11:30 pm
Rufio bravely suppresses any sound due to a relatively light landing. He looks up and sees he now has a 10' deep pit to climb out of.

Merlin sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Roll athletics to climb out.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Oct 30, 2015 12:35 am
Rufio gropes around the skeleton for anything interesting before climbing out. "I'm alright," he whispers, "fell into a pit. Watch out."

Rolls

Climb (Athletics) - (1d20+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Search (Perception) - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Retry if that first climb check failed - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Oct 30, 2015 4:36 am
"A pit?? Be careful!!" I clap my hands together, and form a path of lanterns leading to our location in the hopes that the group will take the hint and follow. Who knows how many traps there are down here- we're going to need as much help as possible!

OOC: Casting Dancing Lights- You create up to four torch-sized lights within range, making them appear as torches, lanterns, or glowing orbs that hover in the air for the duration. You can also combine the four lights into one glowing vaguely humanoid form of Medium size. Whichever form you choose, each light sheds dim light in a 10-foot radius.
Oct 30, 2015 3:05 pm
Feyilinde peering into the dark passage saw the Rufio's light suddenly disappear and then a path like made of lights appear.
"Maybe they could need our help" said her to those still outside the narrow tunnel, then she crawled inside to reach who was ahead.
Oct 30, 2015 3:26 pm
"Hey, wait!" Seneia whispers after Feylinde. "It's a tight space. Let's wait until we know if it leads anywhere. It'll be really awkward to back out if it does not."

She does not make any attempt to enter the crawl space herself.
Oct 30, 2015 10:14 pm
Rufio takes two attempts to climb out of the pit. (Ooc: which side do you climb out on... West or East? I.e. Towards light or back to party).

Ahead he is sure that there is a flickering light, perhaps 50' distance. It would appear that the narrow passage widens at that point.

Merlin sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Oct 31, 2015 3:06 am
I continue moving forward as carefully as possible, then wait until Rufio is out of the pit before I continue after him. The lanterns slowly follow after me as I move forward, making stops as needed to catch my breath.
Last edited October 31, 2015 12:41 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Oct 31, 2015 10:58 am
Trying to not worry about Alanya and Rufio - Shouldn't they have come back with some tracks by now? Has something happened to them?, Weylan looks around to see if he can still see the tracks of passage heading south, with Elden.

Rolls

Perception to see tracks on the walkway - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Oct 31, 2015 11:06 pm
"I know Seneia, but something just happened ahead and I'm going to check." - Feylinde continue onward.
Nov 1, 2015 3:39 am
The party is split again...

Rufio, Alanya, Feylinde

Rufio climbs out of the pit to the west and heads towards the flickering light. Alanya, knowing the pit is there, navigates around it. Feylinde also decides to follow the brave (or foolish?) Rufio. A few feet further and there is no doubt that there is a room at the end of the passage. The passage opens into the room at about 5' above the room floor. The room is 15' wide and extends away to the west by 30'. The room is barren, but at the far end is a door. This strikes Rufio as a little unusual considering they are exploring a sewer.

The door is located at the center of the far wall and a chainmail armored guard stands either side (2 guards). Torches either side of the door illuminate the room. (Rufio, Alanya and Feylinde please roll stealth. I'll give Alanya +1 and Feylinde +2).

Szent, Elden, Weylan, Seneia

Szent, Elden, Weylan, Seneia all wait in the sewer for a signal to follow, or evidence that maybe the small passage is a red herring. Elden examines the sewer pathway beyond the passage and can see little evidence of people passing that way. However, it is pretty shadowy down here, and he's not too certain of that conclusion. The passage is 150' long and crawling is half movement unless you are about 4' tall.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Nov 1, 2015 4:07 am
I continue to creep forward, watching the guard in the distance and attempting to stay quiet.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

load next

Thread locked