1.2 Descent to the Sewers

load previous
Nov 1, 2015 5:18 am
Spotting the guards, Rufio feels the urge to charge them but thinks better of it and tries to crawl backwards quietly so he can tell the others.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Nov 1, 2015 6:11 am
Weylan paces.
What could they be doing in there??

Weylan paces.
Now Feylinde has gone, too? And hasn't come back??

Weylan stops pacing.
"Either they can't come back, or they've found something and are too busy to come back. I don't want to leave them here. I think we should all go and see...carefully."
He looks to the others, to see whether agreement is written on their faces in the flickering torchlight.
Then he turns to Seneia: "Would you go first again, since you can see in the dark, and these guys won't be much use crawling with a torch if there should be a fight?"
Nov 1, 2015 9:08 am
Seneia winces at Weylan's suggesting, looking decidedly uncomfortable.

"I don't know. Maybe we should wait until we hear something--"

She peers into the crawl space after Feylinde, trying to see or hear anything that would give any indication of what is going on.
Nov 1, 2015 4:07 pm
Elden is sweating with anticipation, "I, too, am worried. But they've only been away for a few minutes... we must trust in them to come back to us safely."
Nov 1, 2015 4:36 pm
"Well, I can't stand not knowing what's happening. I'm at least going to listen to hear them if they call out."

Weylan crosses the foul stream with difficulty, given his height, then crawls out of the muck on the other side. *Only in the city...and only for love of my friends...*

He then flicks himself dry as best he can while listening at the tunnel opening and peering into the darkness. If he's there long enough, he'll try to re-light his torch.

Rolls

Perception (listen) - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Nov 1, 2015 4:54 pm
Rufio decides to retreat from his vantage point, but he bumps into the the advancing Alanya. The noise attracts one of the guards. "Oi, who goes there?"

Rufio, Alanya and Feylinde must roll initiative.

Listening, Weylan hears a muffled male shout, and he knows it's not Alanya or Feylinde, both being female. Furthermore he's convinced it isn't Rufio's either. (Ooc: nice roll)
Nov 1, 2015 5:15 pm
"Armed guards!" Rufio hisses back to Alanya, before popping out of the tunnel.

Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Merlin
Last edited November 1, 2015 5:18 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Nov 1, 2015 8:07 pm
Weylan calls to the others across the stream (Szent, Elden, Seneia): "I hear yelling, but it's not them!"
Nov 1, 2015 9:55 pm
"Dammit Rufio! A little more warning would be nice!" Now blocked, I have no choice but to shimmy backwards in the tunnel and hope I don't bump into any of the other traps.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Perception - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Nov 1, 2015 10:16 pm
... continue crawling in the tunnel...

Rolls

Stelth check (+1 dex, +2 DM) - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Nov 1, 2015 10:21 pm
OOC: didn't notice there was a next page in the post lol ... I'll roll Initiative :P

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Nov 2, 2015 1:02 am
Initiative sequence is Guards, Rufio, Alanya, Feylinde.

As the only entrance into this room is through the passage the guards stay ready with spears. They immediately throw at the emerging Rufio. It is clear to Rufio these are not City Guards, but much rougher looking.

Both spears hit for 6 damage. As a move action both guards arm with another spear.
Note... As Rufio is stuck in tunnel he is presently flat footed.

Rolls

Thrown spears (2) attack, damage - (1d20+3, 1d6+1, 1d20+3, 1d6+1)

1d20+3 : (10) + 3 = 13

1d6+1 : (3) + 1 = 4

1d20+3 : (15) + 3 = 18

1d6+1 : (1) + 1 = 2

Initiative - (1d20+1)

Nov 2, 2015 1:41 am
"We'd better get to them." Szent says as he gracefully leaps across to the other side.

EDIT: With a flip and a half-twist just for show.
Last edited November 2, 2015 1:42 am

Rolls

Athletics [+5] - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Nov 2, 2015 1:45 am
Elden, hearing the sounds of battle, attempts to leap across to the other side

Rolls

Acrobatics - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Nov 2, 2015 3:11 am
"Come on!" Weylan scrambles up into the hole, lifting himself into the opening with a bound and scrambling down the passage bent over.

(OoC: though what he thinks he can do when he runs into Feylinde is anybody's guess...this is really a terrible situation.)
spaceseeker19 sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
Nov 2, 2015 3:54 am
Note:DC to jump across sewer is 10.
Nov 2, 2015 5:40 am
Seneia hesitates for a moment longer, allowing Weylan to enter the crawl space before her. Then she lets out a small growl and climbs in herself. Weylan and whoever comes after her can hear her muttering in Infernal as she crawls forward.
Nov 2, 2015 7:15 am
Rufio pops out of the tight passageway. With a yell, he charges the guard to his left, using his body as a battering ram.

Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Merlin
-Bonus action to enter Rage
-Move 30'
-Knock prone
Last edited November 2, 2015 7:17 am

Rolls

Shove (knock prone, advantage) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (19) + 5 = 24

1d20+5 : (8) + 5 = 13

Nov 2, 2015 12:25 pm
I shimmy forward and, as soon I get to the entrance, I jump out and curve my palms towards one another as if crushing a large crystal ball. Once that's done, I turn towards Rufio and say "Knock 'em out! You got this!"

OOC: casting Bane- Up to three creatures of your choice that you can see within range must make Charisma saving throws. Whenever a target that fails this saving throw makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target must roll a D4 and subtract the number rolled from the attack roll or saving throw.

As a bonus action, I inspire Rufio. The creature gains one Bardic Inspiration die, a d6. Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes.
Last edited November 2, 2015 12:29 pm
Nov 2, 2015 1:47 pm
Landing on the other side of the walkway, Elden will begin his crawl through to the other side. "We're coming, hold on a few more moments," he whispers to himself, crawling as quickly as he can.
load next

Thread locked