1.2 Descent to the Sewers

load previous
Nov 2, 2015 10:21 pm
Szent takes a deep breath and quickly follows Elden into the tunnel. Crawling along he does what he can to keep his mind focused so that the walls of the tight tunnel stop closing in on him. "They're not actually closing up on you, Szent. Just keep moving forward, this thing can't go on much longer."
Last edited November 2, 2015 10:21 pm
Nov 3, 2015 12:51 am
Without hesitating, Rufio drops to the floor and charges guard 1, barreling into his chest with a shoulder barge and toppling the surprised guard. Alanya emerges next, dropping nimbly to the ground and weaving a quick spell. (Ooc: both guards are affected by bane).

Feylinde only has time to crawl forward and drop from the alcove.

All the others start to crawl rapidly along the passage. With the extra effort they manage to crawl 1/3 of the distance.

Round 2

Guard 1 staggers to his feet, and jabs at Rufio with his spear. The spear is targeted directly at Rufio's chest but somehow veers to the side, missing him. The guard looks perplexed.
Guard 2 charges Alanya, but she is not so lucky... The spear strikes true (6 damage).

Rufio, Alanya and Feylinde may act.

Rolls

charisma saves, guard 1, guard 2 - (1d20, 1d20)

1d20 : (4) = 4

1d20 : (7) = 7

React to shove - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

Random roll, Alanya 1, Feylinde 2 - (1d2)

(1) = 1

Guard 1 and 2 - attack, damage - (1d20+3, 1d6+1, 1d20+3, 1d6+1)

1d20+3 : (11) + 3 = 14

1d6+1 : (2) + 1 = 3

1d20+3 : (19) + 3 = 22

1d6+1 : (5) + 1 = 6

Bane 1, 2 - (1d4, 1d4)

1d4 : (4) = 4

1d4 : (3) = 3

Nov 3, 2015 4:14 am
Enraged at seeing Alanya hurt, Rufio kicks the man in the kneecap and then tries to wrestle the man into submission.

Rolls

Kick - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Adding Bardic Inspiration to attack roll - (1d6)

(2) = 2

damage - (1d4+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Bonus grapple if the kick hits. (advantage) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (5) + 5 = 10

1d20+5 : (7) + 5 = 12

Nov 3, 2015 10:08 pm
"Hurry up guys!" shouts Feylinde behind her, just before summoning the powers of her patron and discharge it as an electric bolt on Guard2.

OOC: Ranged spell attack:+5 to hit, On Hit 1d12 lightning damage and for duration (concentration up to 1 min), each turn can use 1 action to 1d12 damage automatically.
Last edited November 3, 2015 10:12 pm

Rolls

Witch Bolt (to hit) - (1d20+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

lightning damage - (1d12)

(10) = 10

Nov 4, 2015 1:24 am
On finally hearing one of his friends (and the panic in her voice), Weylan is running down the passage, leaving the others behind.

(OoC: DEX save or perception check to avoid the pit?)
Last edited November 4, 2015 7:08 am
Nov 4, 2015 5:34 am
Seneia locks her gaze forward, crawling as fast as she can. Occasionally her horns scrape to the ceiling of the crawl space, causing her to startle.
Nov 4, 2015 5:56 am
Hearing Feylinde shouting for help, Rufio yells, "The pit! Warn them about the pit!"
Nov 4, 2015 12:23 pm
I yell down the tunnel "Watch out for traps!" Then I turn towards the healthier looking guard and glare at him. "You can't hit for shit- it's no wonder you got stuck down here getting beat up by us kids!"

OOC: Casting vicious mockery- If the target can hear you (though it need not understand you), it must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw (13) or take 1d4 psychic damage and have disadvantage on the next attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn.
Last edited November 4, 2015 12:23 pm
Nov 4, 2015 11:17 pm
Round 2 - Continued

There is no doubt that the guards are getting the better of this combat. Heaven only knows what a bunch of kids are doing here, but orders are orders, and none shall pass.

Rufio kicks out at one of the guards, but fails to make contact. Feylinde then casts a bolt of fire, but the aim is off, and the guard steps nimbly to one side. Alanya then casts her vicious mockery.... Guard 1 looks horribly offended.

Meanwhile the rest of the orphans make their way along the passage, now two thirds of the way. The light can be seen at the end of the tunnel, and certainly next round they will arrive. Weylan, however, finds the passage little in the way of a hindrance, and sprints along the tunnel. He leaps into the room.

(Ooc: Weylan, you join the initiative at the end of the order)

Guard 1 - 1 damage
Guard 2 - 0 damage

Rolls

Wisdom save - guard - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Vicious mockery damage - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Nov 4, 2015 11:30 pm
Round 3

The guards are gaining the upper hand. Guard 1 attacks Rufio, and Guard 2 attacks Alanya, both of whom have been injured.

Guard 1 jabs at Rufio with his spear, but the pointed stick misses it's mark as Rufio nimbly moves away.
(Guard 1 had disadvantage, but he missed anyway)
Guard 2 jabs at Alanya. The squishy bard is stabbed again, taking 3 damage.

Rufio, Alanya, Feylinde and Weylan may now act.

Rolls

Guards 1,2 - attack, damage less bane - (1d20+3, 1d4, 1d6+1, 1d20+3, 1d4, 1d6+1)

1d20+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

1d4 : (2) = 2

1d20+3 : (15) + 3 = 18

1d4 : (2) = 2

Nov 5, 2015 1:47 am
Now guard 2 is making me angry. "Oww!! Hey #^* you *#} %*+}!" It is followed by an eery tune that only he can hear. (It may even sound a lot like the yell of a famous warrior princess by the name of Xena who I've heard about through the countless songs sung about her adventures.) Then I draw my rapier and ready myself to rip his freakin toenails off or something equally painful and gross-sounding.

Ooc: Casting "Dissonant Whispers"- You whisper a discordant melody that only one creature of your choice within range can hear, wracking it with terrible pain. The target must make a Wisdom saving throw (13). On a failed save, it takes 3d6 psychic damage and must immediately use its reaction, if available, to move as far as its speed allows away from you. The creature doesn’t move into obviously dangerous ground, such as a fire or a pit. On a successful save, the target takes half as much damage and doesn’t have to move away.
Last edited November 5, 2015 1:50 am
Nov 5, 2015 1:49 am
Weylan has no idea what's going on or who these people are.
All he sees is the spear piercing Alanya
and
he.

Goes.

Berserk.

There is a high-pitched shriek as he throws down the torch, enters rage and performs a 2-handed Reckless Attack on Guard 2 with his battleaxe. "GGGGnnnnnnnyyaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr!"
Last edited November 5, 2015 2:04 am

Rolls

Reckless battleaxe attack - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

1d20+4 : (17) + 4 = 21

Versatile rage damage - (1d10+6)

(1) + 6 = 7

Nov 5, 2015 5:35 am
Seneia keeps crawling forward as fast as possible, watching Weylan jump into the fray and wondering what is ahead.

OOC: Does the monk movement speed of 40 feet/round help navigating the crawl space in any way?

DM says: the corridor is 150' long. I am assuming everyone is moving twice per round at half speed, meaning normal speed per round. I am then rounding everyone to pass through in 3 rounds at my discretion (i.e. Allowing a speed boost due to the emergency). So even Seneia doesn't get there quicker than anyone else. As Weylan can run I've allowed him to arrive one round earlier. It doesn't work out mathematically, but makes sense in the context.
Nov 5, 2015 6:02 am
Rufio throws all caution to the wind and throws a wild punch at the guard's gut. He connects, and before the guard can regain his wits the orphan grabs the man by the arms and swings him into position between Rufio and the other guard.

Reckless Attack: Attack with advantage, but attacks against you til end of your next turn also have advantage.

I'm using the grapple to use the man as a meat shield. Surely Rufio can gain some partial cover against the other guy?
Last edited November 5, 2015 6:11 am

Rolls

Unarmed strike (reckless advantage) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (20) + 5 = 25

1d20+5 : (4) + 5 = 9

Damage - (1d4+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Bonus grapple if the punch hits. (advantage) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (17) + 5 = 22

1d20+5 : (14) + 5 = 19

Crit damage - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Nov 6, 2015 11:14 am
"Damn you!" says Feylinde as she see her energy bolt going wasted against the wall. She then focus her attention and magical energies on Guard2 to take better aim.

OOC: using True Strike cantrip: (divination, 1 action, 30 ft, S, Conc 1 round)
Point a target, on your next turn you have advantage on the 1st attack roll against it.
Nov 7, 2015 3:46 am
Round 3 continued

Desperation can yield remarkable feats of strength, and so it is with Rufio. He sees the trained guards are gaining an advantage and hurls a punch at guard 1 with reckless abandon. His solid fist connects soundly with the guard's jaw. The guard's eyes roll to the back of his head and he slumps to the ground.

Alanya casts a spell targeted at guard 2. The guard grips his head as pain wracks his brain.

Before the guard 2 can recover, Weylan appears from nowhere and slams into the man, killing him instantly.

Suddenly the battle is over. Both Rufio and Alanya have been injured, and there are two dead guards in the room.

End of round 3. End of combat.

Combat over. Actions please.

Rolls

Guard 2 wisdom save - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Spell damage - (3d6)

(513) = 9

Nov 7, 2015 4:08 am
I take a good look at the guards. Maybe they're not dead! Maybe they just passed out briefly and they're totally going to be ok!

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Nov 7, 2015 4:18 am
The combined wrecking crew of the shockingly berserk Rufio and Weylan has definitely killed the two guards. They seem completely lifeless.
Nov 7, 2015 4:53 am
"Torm's balls, they're dead! What the hell did you do that for?!" I smack Weylan across the face, which unfortunately causes my wounds to bleed more heavily and begin to seep through my shirt. I slowly sink down to the ground and attempt to prop myself up on something. That something ends up being one of the bodies. My eyes start welling up with tears from either the pain or shock. "I don't feel so good. This was a stupid idea."
Nov 7, 2015 6:03 am
Rufio, who was in the middle of kicking the downed guards, stops in shock as Alanya hits Weylan, "What the hell, Alanya?! his anger turns to concern when she slumps to the ground.
load next

Thread locked