Character Creation & Leveling Up!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 20, 2015 7:30 pm
Just a quick update—I'll be writing up the backstory info on the city tonight, and posting sometime around 9 or 10pm Eastern!
Oct 20, 2015 7:33 pm
Rolling starting wealth. Let's see if multiplication works on GP.

Nope. But I'm buying my starting gear. I have a picture in mind. I get 12x10 starting gold. 120. I'll post load out later.
Last edited October 20, 2015 7:35 pm

Rolls

Starting Wealth - (5d4)

(22233) = 12

Oct 20, 2015 8:48 pm
Starting Gear Purchases (120gp):
- Shield (10gp)
- Chainmail (75gp)
- Warhammer (15gp)
- Handaxe (5gp)
- Handaxe (5gp)
- Explorer's Pack (10gp)

Also, character finished up and submitted. A minotaur paladin named Tosher. He was the sole survivor of his clan, and he feels he must achieve noble honorable deeds to honor the legacy of his clan. Honor for a minotaur means strength in combat. Weakness is a stain that only death can entirely expunge.
Last edited October 20, 2015 8:52 pm
Oct 20, 2015 9:30 pm
I will finish up my character tomorrow and submit him
Oct 20, 2015 10:12 pm
I'm on vacation without my phb but I'll start putting together what I can!
Oct 20, 2015 11:31 pm
Rolling for stats

Rolls

Stats - (4d6)

(4456) = 19

Stats - (4d6)

(6445) = 19

Stats - (4d6)

(6153) = 15

Stats - (4d6)

(4634) = 17

Stats - (4d6)

(1113) = 6

Stats - (4d6)

(1243) = 10

Oct 20, 2015 11:42 pm
I'm excited about that 5 I got!

I think I'm going to go sorcerer with wild magic.
Oct 20, 2015 11:44 pm
You got some decent stats with the exception of that 5!
Oct 21, 2015 12:10 am
Hobs says:
I'm excited about that 5 I got!

I think I'm going to go sorcerer with wild magic.
I love it!!

Okay, big ol' context dump about Heirwater is up in this forum. Check it out, if you want it as you build your characters!
Oct 21, 2015 4:18 am
I submitted my character:

Charles Mithalvarin is a Half Elf Sorcerer, born to a human father and elvish mother. The Elves on his Mother's side have always been able to control and use magic as they please, however, the mixing of human and elvish in his blood has made his magic wild and unpredictable. He trained with the Elvish masters, trying to learn control of the power he wields, but at the age of 20, he left his Elvish home to travel to Heirwater seeking entry to The College of Magic at the Academy of Heir. There he hoped he would be able to learn to control his magic so he can return to the elves without shame. He left home with just essentials and only 1 valuable - a family heirloom with which he has some luck using as a focus for his magic - he keeps it out of sight at all times.

OOC: I'm not sure what would be required to gain entry to the Academy, but depending on how things start I picture him as either just arriving in the city with goals of joining the Academy or having been in the city and unsuccessful at gaining entry so far.
Oct 21, 2015 4:35 am
Hobs says:
I submitted my character
Approved! Looks fantastic. He's not admitted to the Academy just yet... I'll PM you with some backstory on all that, which you can spool at at your leisure during the campaign.

Also, I uploaded a map so you can get your lay of the land. Check it out ... it'll be updated with labels as you all explore.
Oct 21, 2015 1:03 pm
Would you allow a variant human?
Oct 21, 2015 1:19 pm
Moofsalot says:
Would you allow a variant human?
Almost definitely—what are you thinking?
Oct 21, 2015 1:46 pm
I'm deciding between the alert, observant, or sharpshooter feats. The latter two probably make the most sense. I was thinking I'd go with a spy background but I can wait to see what the rogue build is first so I don't step on toes.
Oct 21, 2015 2:00 pm
Moofsalot says:
I'm deciding between the alert, observant, or sharpshooter feats. The latter two probably make the most sense. I was thinking I'd go with a spy background but I can wait to see what the rogue build is first so I don't step on toes.
That sounds great! I'm completely fine with you taking any feat.
Oct 21, 2015 2:05 pm
Moofsalot says:
No worries, build what you like!

My build is going to be a cat burglar thief build with high charisma and dex. Lots of daggers, shortbow, and shortsword action. Leaning toward Charlatan background to give some interesting social flavor.

I may do the variant as well. Haven't played around with the feats much.
Last edited October 21, 2015 2:06 pm
Oct 21, 2015 2:08 pm
I'm attempting to decide if I want to do variant human and go with a feat (Heavy Armor Master, Polearm Master, Shield Master, or Dual Wielder) and just accept the negatives to my stats that come with it
Last edited October 21, 2015 2:10 pm
Oct 21, 2015 2:13 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Moofsalot says:
No worries, build what you like!

My build is going to be a cat burglar thief build with high charisma and dex. Lots of daggers, shortbow, and shortsword action. Leaning toward Charlatan background to give some interesting social flavor.

I may do the variant as well. Haven't played around with the feats much.
Haven't played with feats either! Should be fun.

I'm thinking spy-turned assassin, mostly attacking from afar who then disappears into the crowd.
Oct 21, 2015 3:33 pm
All of these sound fantastic, and very appropriate for the city.

MAN I can't wait to get this party started.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.