Character Creation & Leveling Up!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 21, 2015 4:08 pm
Fantastic, you've got a backstory note coming your way in that thread!
Oct 23, 2015 1:48 pm
Starting gold!

Rolls

Gold! - (5d4)

(13312) = 10

Oct 23, 2015 2:08 pm
Is the starting gold roll the same for everyone?
Oct 23, 2015 2:11 pm
Starting gold is only rolled if you don't take the equipment options from your class and background.
Oct 23, 2015 2:11 pm
Starting wealth is given either through your class and background, along with your starting equipment. Or you can buy all your starting gear with money through rolling on a chart from the PHB.
Oct 23, 2015 2:12 pm
Moofsalot says:
Is the starting gold roll the same for everyone?
By class. The way I run it when I'm GM is that if you choose starter equipment, you don't roll starting gold and just have gold amount from your background. If you choose to roll starting gold, you have to custom purchase your equipment.

Not sure how smrvl runs that though.
Oct 23, 2015 2:12 pm
Barbarian 2d4 x 10 gp
Bard 5d4 x 10 gp
Cleric 5d4 x 10 gp
Druid 2d4 x 10 gp
Fighter 5d4 x 10 gp
Monk 5d4 gp
Paladin 5d4 x 10 gp
Ranger 5d4 x 10 gp
Rogue 4d4 x 10 gp
Sorcerer 3d4 x 10 gp
Warlock 4d4 x 10 gp
Wizard 4d4 x 10 gp
Oct 23, 2015 2:13 pm
Agree with all of the above! Eldrick is a Fortesqueue guard, who starts out with extra gold, so his roll will be added to his starting equipment. But otherwise, it's as stated by the group above!
Oct 23, 2015 5:33 pm
So I have a concern about going battle master... I will have the ability to do things like knock people prone and whatnot, which will affect my actions for the remainder of my round. How should we deal with stuff like this? Because most of it requires saving throws on the part of my opponents.
Oct 23, 2015 5:47 pm
Naatkinson says:
So I have a concern about going battle master... I will have the ability to do things like knock people prone and whatnot, which will affect my actions for the remainder of my round. How should we deal with stuff like this? Because most of it requires saving throws on the part of my opponents.
I'm fine to roll saving throws in "real time" ... I know we're talking a lot about turn order right now, but I don't see any reason to hold up strategic thinking by immediately rolling reactions.

If you're doing PvP combat, it may slow things down, depending on who you're fighting against... but if that becomes a focus of our game, we can deal with it then.
Oct 23, 2015 5:49 pm
Ok, that's fine with me :)
I will post a note such as [WAITING ON DM SAVES] to indicate to others that my turn is not over in those situations, if that's ok
Oct 23, 2015 5:52 pm
Yup, sounds perfect to me!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.