Backstory/getting started

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 23, 2015 3:49 pm
Yeah same. Tosher is not one to patiently do things, but I'll cut back a bit and wait for resolutions. We should watch out for big gaps if someone does seem to drop off on posts. But that's just my experience having two players go AWOL for almost two weeks on a game.

Also if you're new to GP make sure to "Subscribe" to each forum to get email notifications on games. I've had new players to the site not realize this and never even notice when the adventure posts started.
Last edited October 23, 2015 3:53 pm
Oct 23, 2015 3:57 pm
Yeah, I'm in 4 other games, and this has by far been the most active. I like it, but I can't keep up that pace every day.

I will be especially slow to post on weekends; probably once a day if that.
Oct 23, 2015 4:00 pm
I've had a couple of games be this active, it usually slows down a bit after a week or two, or so it seems to be
Oct 23, 2015 4:02 pm
Yeah I've noticed a similar effect. Everyone seems to realize the speed they are moving isn't sustainable. Lol.
Oct 23, 2015 4:24 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Yeah same. Tosher is not one to patiently do things, but I'll cut back a bit and wait for resolutions. We should watch out for big gaps if someone does seem to drop off on posts. But that's just my experience having two players go AWOL for almost two weeks on a game.

Also if you're new to GP make sure to "Subscribe" to each forum to get email notifications on games. I've had new players to the site not realize this and never even notice when the adventure posts started.
I had no idea that this was a function that I could use. I will set it up. I think I must be on a different schedule as others because I am able to follow the posts but not add much during the day, but I try to get in as much as I can in the evening
Oct 23, 2015 4:32 pm
Yeah, opposite for me. I'm at a computer all day, but only able to post once or twice late in the evening.
Oct 23, 2015 4:34 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Yeah, opposite for me. I'm at a computer all day, but only able to post once or twice late in the evening.
This is my situation. Got time at work, but I have 3 kids and a wife at home who don't leave me much time.
Oct 23, 2015 4:34 pm
No worries! Heirwater isn't going anywhere... it's been around for thousands of years, and will keep on truckin' no matter how fast we move through it. If it becomes expedient later to split up into mini-teams of daytime vs. nighttime adventurers, we can definitely explore that, too.
Oct 23, 2015 4:36 pm
Hobs says:
I had no idea that this was a function that I could use. I will set it up. I think I must be on a different schedule as others because I am able to follow the posts but not add much during the day, but I try to get in as much as I can in the evening
Yeah whenever you are on a games forum, or any forum on the site on the top right side is a Subscribe To This Forum link. It adds it to your email notifications for the site. Oddly enough players are not automatically subscribed to forums for games they are accepted into.
Oct 23, 2015 4:39 pm
I kind of wish it was an automatic feature! Would make things much easier. People are more likely to look for a way to unsubscribe if they don't want the emails than they are to look for a way to subscribe.
Oct 23, 2015 4:40 pm
Exactly, and it's not spelled out right away either so I just stumbled upon it after looking around.
Oct 23, 2015 4:56 pm
I've played in a bunch of games that were this active- instead of plot we can have the characters interact more maybe? Sometimes it's fun to to when we're not actively trying t kill things.
Oct 23, 2015 4:57 pm
Moofsalot says:
I've played in a bunch of games that were this active- instead of plot we can have the characters interact more maybe? Sometimes it's fun to to when we're not actively trying t kill things.
To be fair. Most of Tosher's discussions have themselves ended in trying to kill things.
Oct 23, 2015 5:00 pm
Moofsalot says:
That's good advice. How about this... I'll try and leave a little breathing room for you all to interact, and will generally not adjudicate plot progression unless I get the sense everyone has had their turn. (I may still ask for some social rolls with NPCs if necessary.)

For example: If two of you wanted to converse, or Charles wanted to get in a philosophical discussion about the nature of magic as it pertains to unicorn warts with a scholastic NPC, I'd probably interact and let that go on for a good long time, back and forth. But if Charles tried to provoke the NPC to a duel over a point of intellectual pride (not that he'd necessarily do such a thing), I might slow things down until everyone had a chance to chime in.

Does that sound okay? Want to make sure our expectations are all aligned as we embark on the awesomeness of this adventure.
Oct 23, 2015 10:59 pm
Everything has been good for me so far. I find the same thing can happen when playing around a table as well. There are always those that jump right in and those that sit back and wait for their opportunity. At big plot points we can make sure everyone gets their say before moving on.
Oct 26, 2015 1:19 am
Sorry for the delay in posting everyone! Like I said, weekends are hard for me. I work at a desk all day on weekdays, but weekends I have my 3 kids all day Saturday while my partner works, then I work Saturday night late. Sunday is usually reserved family time.

So, please excuse my slow responses on weekends! Know that there are good reasons.
Oct 26, 2015 2:58 am
No worries- I'm pretty sure most people are busy on weekends!
Oct 26, 2015 9:29 am
Agreed, please don't worry about it at all! That's the beauty of play-by-post.
Oct 26, 2015 5:35 pm
We seem to be breaking off into different directions. Should we start individual threads? Or keep it all centralized? I'm fine with either, but I wanna bull through and take care of some "business" in this College of Magic...
Oct 26, 2015 5:36 pm
I'm working on my own bull. Pun intended.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.