Takeover at Whisper Base

load previous
Dec 21, 2015 6:52 pm
Kal smirks at Brosck impatience. I'm going to agree with the rest of you. We should stick together, at least to take out their means of warning the rest of the Empire that we are here."
Dec 21, 2015 10:42 pm
OOC: Note, I'm letting you guys sort this out -- and giving more time than usual due to the holiday season. If it seems to not go anywhere after a few days, I'll roll with whatever seems the prevailing opinion. At the moment, that seems to be: (1) stick together (2) take out the shuttle.
Dec 22, 2015 4:25 pm
G5 highlights the various routes as the other team members voice their concerns, and then displays a countdown to emphasis the need for haste.

As the team members contemplate the display, G5 sees the hesitation and puts icon on the map showing the 3 groups moving simultaneously to each priority objective.

Priority One - Communications - Disable / Prevent any Outgoing Signals
- Team 1 Moro/Kael and Team 2 Kal/Brosch takes Comms
Priority Two - Disable Shuttle - Prevent Escape from Base
- Team 2 moves to secure/disable Shuttle, Team 1 Moro/Kael provides covering fire from Communications
Priority Three - Command and Control - Take Control of Base
- Team 1 and 2 regroup to take on Command and Control
Note 1: Main Generators can be overridden and deactivated cutting power to the Base and Major Systems, unless backup power is avail.
- G5 to take on Main Generator to manipulate power grid and base functions as required during all phases.

After a few moments the droid deactivates the map and extends a small manipulator arm into the space in the middle of the group and holds it there awaiting the response from his teammates.

"THURp Be DUnk DATA DATa dee" chirps G5... which loosely translates, "They sent the best, now lets be the Best..."

OOC
- the manipulator arm is for a huddle break
- if no response to the extended arm, G5 will proceed to Main Generator Room, bickering the whole way softly to himself
- if there is a break response, head to main generator room as outlined above

GM EDIT: Adding difficulty dice. This is a pretty typical 'small imperial base' so difficulty is average. That said, it's a pet project, so adding a setback die for any quirks the sponsor has added to it. Roll remains a success.
Last edited December 22, 2015 4:37 pm

Rolls

Warfare - Battle Plan (GM to add Difficulty Roll)

4 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 3 Advantage

Difficulty dice

2 Failure

Total: 2 Failure

Dec 22, 2015 5:16 pm
"Solid plan G5. We've already taken care of priority one when we sliced the main link in the garage. There's no need to assault comms before the shuttle. I say we just get ourselves to the shuttle swiftly, and see to it that the shuttle goes no where. Keep it simple. Head to the generator, and stay on comms." I smile and put my hand in the huddle break.
Dec 22, 2015 5:21 pm
The map lights up with diagrams and icons of team members. He finds his name going to the to take over a section of the base with Kal. Everything is ready and now he can go battle again.

" I knew this droid was good for something! " he says as he sees a lil arm come out of the droid. Not knowing what the droid wants he just slaps the back of the droid hard enough to tip it over but not enough to topple it. " Good job!" and walks away to the sounds of what would be swearing in binary.

Brosck walks up to Kal looking at him with a toothy smile, "Let's go and take down this pitiful base with much greatness. "
Dec 23, 2015 6:41 pm
After getting smacked by the Klatoonian G5 stabilizers went into overdrive to keep the droid up right.

""%%#$# VERT ^$%u*@* hhst %#$", hissed the droid as he spun around and extended his 3 leg for additional stability.
He just knew that he should have kept his distance.

An internal display within G5 chassis started to compile the overall dimensions of Brosck, and a quick calculation showed that the droid needed to keep him at least 1.75m away from him at all times. This was noted in the droids daily log and emphasized within his safety programming along with the addendum if that didn't work, just make sure he wasn't the closest one too him.
Dec 26, 2015 4:29 pm
You move quickly, and quietly through the base, pausing at the entrance into the main generators on the right. The listening post, so far, is oddly, almost ominously silent. Your footsteps echo softly throughout the hallways. The door is locked, but your cylinder, lifted off of the officer back in the garage, enables you to key G5 in. The generator room is rugged with a couple large generators on it and a packed earthen floor. Machinery and additional consoles are the bare minimum to enable the generators to function for the complex.

With a beep and a whistle, G5 seems perfectly happy based on the plan and the remaining four of you move deeper into the base slipping past the corridor to the mess hall (the door to the mess hall is shut, so there's not a significant risk of being discovered). Pausing just outside the communications room to peer around the corner, you spot the hatch that leads to your next destination. Next to it are four guards in Imperial uniforms. Perhaps the occupants of the base have been alerted somehow to your presence? Or perhaps the commander of the base, Lieutenant Sarev, is just a bit on the paranoid side. Either way, you'll need to get past these guards to reach the launch pad where you can disable the shuttle to prevent anyone's escape.
Dec 26, 2015 7:20 pm
After the doors to the Generator Room close, G5 locks the doors from the inside and maneuvers further within the room to take stock of equipment and interface points. Once the scomp link port is found G5 plugs in and begins to passively interface with console to determine what the overall power-grid status is, and what the base overall status is.

G5 sends a signal to the group stating that he is accessing the power grid momentarily.......

OOC
- plug in and determine actual access to the power systems of the base.

OOC: GM -- adding 2 difficulty dice for an task to plug in and login... this will not provide you with detailed levels of access, but get you in the proverbial front door. 1 success, 2 advantage - you're in. How do you want to spend the advantage?

Add 2 boost to common pool for next action.
Last edited December 29, 2015 10:25 am

Rolls

Computers - Interfacing with the Main Generator Room

1 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 3 Advantage

Difficulty dice

1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Dec 27, 2015 3:53 pm
G5 plugs into the outlet and easily manages to login using any one of a dozen of Imperial credentials he's acquired over the years -- or a clever algorithm or two. It's astonishing, really, how many Imperial bases have the most trivial passwords for getting into the network. Perhaps humans just can't remember things.

falryx sent a note to starwarsrpggm
Dec 29, 2015 10:26 am
OOC:
Add 2 boost to common pool for next action.
Dec 29, 2015 10:42 am
falryx says:
G5 plugs into the outlet and easily manages to login using any one of a dozen of Imperial credentials he's acquired over the years -- or a clever algorithm or two. It's astonishing, really, how many Imperial bases have the most trivial passwords for getting into the network. Perhaps humans just can't remember things.

starwarsrpggm sent a note to starwarsrpggm
G5 notifies the teams of his success getting into the system.

"Ditty ditty da tipta dooo" states the droid as one of his secondary processors finished a review of the base plans now in his memory banks.

"teek ta dissss getaa donk pa" with a touch of excitement as G5 relayed additional information about the access hatch to the landing pad that should allow Team 2 to avoid any confrontation at the main entrance.

"Beee de de da ta", also followed with a reminder that there should be guards out to the landing pad
Last edited December 29, 2015 10:42 am
Dec 29, 2015 1:16 pm
Kjmagle says:

Brosck walks up to Kal looking at him with a toothy smile, "Let's go and take down this pitiful base with much greatness. "
Kal brings up his Carbine to a ready position, "I'm ready whenever you are man." He checks the map one last time to make sure he knows where they're going, then heads in the direction of the shuttle pad.
Dec 29, 2015 2:37 pm
Brosck would also be walking with Kal. Not sneaking but not going out of his way to make noise. Squeezing his vibe knuckles he grins. It's been awhile sonce he felt this good. He is doing a fast walk of excitement to the destination.
Dec 29, 2015 3:53 pm
Moro shrugs. "I'm better with the technical work as it is. Let's go."
Dec 29, 2015 4:37 pm
After seeing the guards protecting the exit to the landing pad I sigh heavily, "A uniform would've been helpful. We need to do this swiftly, quietly and without raising the alarm. Once the shuttle is down, those keen to smash and shoot can have their way with the base occupants."
Dec 29, 2015 5:22 pm
At first hearing Kael's comments Brosck will let out a disappointing sigh, but then he hears "smash and shoot" and "have thier way" and he perks up with a big toothy grin.

" Sounds like a plan. " looks at Kal "I bet I get more trophies with my fist than you with your pea-shooter. ". He chuckles and focuses on the landing area.
Dec 30, 2015 1:49 am
Kal raises an eyebrow at the Klotooinian's chalange. "Oh you think so huh? We'll just see what the final tally come up to then won't we." Then turning to Kael, "So how are we going to do this quiet like?"
Dec 31, 2015 3:30 pm
"G5, is there anywhere nearby we might be able to secure a uniform or two? Doesn't matter if it's presently being worn, but it would be best if we could avoid drumming up too much trouble."
Dec 31, 2015 3:51 pm
Candi says:
"G5, is there anywhere nearby we might be able to secure a uniform or two? Doesn't matter if it's presently being worn, but it would be best if we could avoid drumming up too much trouble."
"Bee De" acknowledge G5 as the comm came in.

G5 starts to access the system to determine probable locations, there must be a laundry or a storage room where uniforms could be found. He double checks the Garage inventory, maybe there are some Technician Overalls or something as well.

OOC:
- +2 Boost from Common Pool
- I am searching for location of Uniforms of any Imperial Kind: Officer, Enlisted, Technician, Contractor, Army , Navy, Flight

GM Dice Add - this is a base and is not particularly sensitive information - so just 'average' difficulty. Net result - 6 success and 2 advantage.

DICE POOL:
- spend 2 advantage to add 1 boost to my next skill check
Last edited December 31, 2015 5:39 pm

Rolls

Computer Check - Searching for Uniforms

7 Success, 4 Advantage

Total: 7 Success, 4 Advantage

Difficulty dice

1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Dec 31, 2015 4:59 pm
Passing a note to G5.

falryx sent a note to starwarsrpggm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.