Takeover at Whisper Base

load previous
Jan 28, 2016 8:47 pm
OOC:
Kael - if you're aiming you can add a boost die.
Jan 28, 2016 9:21 pm
Kal's fires into the turbolift, slamming into the side and causing a control panel to short out. The doors, which were previously hindering the exit of the troopers at G5's behest return to their normal speed and flash open as Kael shoots into the lift. His effort is laudable, and somewhat inspiring, if lacking in accuracy. The side of the turbolift takes several hits from the "borrowed" carbine.
Jan 28, 2016 9:49 pm
Moro notices the turbolift opening and shrugs. The guns are still active... he thinks as he continues the shutdown process. He quickly switches to a different panel and brings up the targeting interface, lining it up against the turbolift, firing as he sees the white in their armor.

Rolls

Gunnery (remind me why I'm doing this?)

1 Success, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 3 Threat

Boosts

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Aim

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Jan 29, 2016 12:25 am
The twin laser cannons swivel in their gimbals and target the turbolift. Just as the doors finish opening Moro pours weapons fire from the cannons into the lift leaving the insides a smoking ruin -- along with the troopers within -- as well as damaging the lift beyond immediate repair. Moro suffers 2 strain due to the stress of switching tasks and firing cannons of a Lambda shuttle for the first time without any training under a time constraint.

When the smoke clears, no Imperials are moving. G5 notices that the turbolift shaft is reporting a major malfunction.
Jan 29, 2016 1:02 am
Peering of the shuttle Brosck watches was Kal and Kael both miss with their blasters.

" Amateurs. " he laughingly snorts as he cracks his knuckles and starts moving to the lift. "I better show them how it is really don..." and before he can finish his sentence the turbolift erupts in laser fire stopping Brosck in his tracks. The troopers inside... Dead and smoking. Brosck turns to where the bolts came from to see a waving Calamarian smiling and giving him the thumbs up from the cockpit of the shuttle.

At this moment he turns away with a deflated look on his face.
Jan 29, 2016 1:38 am
I stand and clap Brosck on the back, "Maybe you need bigger fists to compete with Moro's really big gun."
Jan 29, 2016 4:00 am
Candi says:
I stand and clap Brosck on the back, "Maybe you need bigger fists to compete with Moro's really big gun."
"... But it would have been a glorious fight.." Brosck says softly. He shakes himself out if it. "There has to be more. Where is out next battle at?"
Last edited January 29, 2016 4:01 am
Jan 29, 2016 6:11 pm
falryx says:
G5 notices that the turbolift shaft is reporting a major malfunction.
"Awwwkk......#%#$$%#%$@$$" comes out of the droids VOX processors as he watches the events unfold via the security monitor. He springs open like a swiss army knife, appendages failing about and spins around in place as he argues with himself as to why organics make no sense to him. All the while the team lays waste to the turbolift shaft and its contents.

The light blinking at the panel snapped G5 out of the tantrum, as he rolled back up to the interface. Turbolift AH-001 was showing a malfunction warning light on its control board.

"Bzz Dooda" squelched the droid, the binary equivalent of "No Shit" in basic.

G5 quickly extended a manipulator arm forward and brought to rest on top of his "eye" and just shook his dome from side to side. Then reclaiming the arm, the droid just tapped his dome on the panel with a slow soft metallic thud several times.

Recognizing the new danger, G5 starts cycling thru the security feeds to see what the base inhabitants might be doing, and works to disable the warning light from any terminal that might see the signal remotely.

OOC-1
- monitor base personnel whereabouts
- monitor base communications
- disable AH-001 Turbolift warning light

OOC-2
- Bypass Security-1 - Removes Setback equal to Rank

New Dice pool Total = 2 Success and 1 Threat
Last edited February 1, 2016 5:44 pm

Rolls

Computer Check - Disable AH-001 Warning Light

4 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 1 Advantage

Computer Check - Difficulty

2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Jan 31, 2016 10:29 pm
With the turbolift a bit of a smoking ruin, Moro finishes disabling the shuttle. This leaves you with the task of getting back into the base to complete your mission.
OOC:
G5 -- we'll call this a 'hard' check -- 3 dice, please. Qualifies as a 'security' item if you get any bonuses.
Jan 31, 2016 10:55 pm
"Well played Moro... But now we need to get back inside. Any ideas?" I stand, arms crossed, staring at the smoking turbolift.
Feb 1, 2016 3:43 am
Moro looks around and shrugs. "Maybe if we can find rope or cable, we can pop the lift open and climb? I can help R2 fix it enough to get us down."
Feb 2, 2016 4:35 am
G5 is able to suspend the warning light from blinking more than a time or two in the control center of the base. The technician who was about to dig in and get more details swears about the "shoddy work" of whomever put this place together on the sly. But alas, none of you witness it.
Feb 2, 2016 1:28 pm
"Aye, repelling back into the base seems the best idea. Can someone see if its likely that the damaged lift will suddenly drop to the bottom of the shaft, don't want it crushing us by surprise on our way down. Then, we'll need to find a way through the hulk of useless metal." After giving directions, I head into the lambda shuttle and search around for grappling hooks, climbing gear or, at worst, some heavy cable.

Rolls

Perception (Cun 2, Rank 1)

1 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Feb 2, 2016 6:29 pm
OOC:
Adding difficulty to above. Doing it this way since I'm about to hop on a plane. Kael - you have an advantage to spend.
Casting about looking for some climbing supplies, you largely find out that the base is ill-equipped to help you out. There are bits of cable -- and there's the large refueling cable that's used to run the shuttle on base systems, but it's unwieldy and doesn't look like a very good solution. However, a large grate makes itself known -- and upon peering in, it looks like some form of crawlway or maintenance shaft that will be a tight fit for Brosck, but... he should be able to make it. Rungs line the side of the shaft -- they look quite a bit more handy than rope.

Rolls

Difficulty for Kael's search

1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Feb 4, 2016 6:14 pm
OOC:
I am going on he info dumped the perception
"You want me to do want?!?" could be hear from the conversation between Kael and Brosck. Brosck is not looking happy at all. "Why can't we just take the whole base instead of sneeeking around?? In a hole!"

Brosck is yelling and waving his hands while looking at the small, very small, very confining option.
Feb 4, 2016 6:22 pm
"We can take the whole base, that is the plan. But we have to get back inside first. You're welcome to walk around the base in the muck and forest to get back to the garage we came in through." I smile, then start down the ladder into the shaft. No point lounging around in the now isolated landing pad when there's work to do.
Feb 4, 2016 6:50 pm
Moro simply shrugs and follows in.
Feb 4, 2016 10:42 pm
Kal opts to stay behind -- "I'm going to watch after the shuttle in case someone gets a mind to get it working again."
OOC:
Kal's player needs to take an extended break, so we're going to segue him out of the action at this point.
Feb 5, 2016 12:01 am
Shocked and then very annoyed with Kal's statement (because he didn't think of it first) Brosck is opened mouth as the Calamarian walks by.

"This is a bad idea... i mean i could help... Errr!" Brosck is arguing with no one now since the other 2 disappeared Down the ladder.

He sighs and makes his way to the exit. He gets to ladder and starts to make his way down also.
Last edited February 5, 2016 12:04 am
Feb 6, 2016 3:23 am
After a bit of climbing you each manage to make it through the maintenance tunnels to come out at hatch several meters to the east of the door to the hangar where the group of four imperial troopers once stood guard. Opening the hatch is a mite bit noisy, but there doesn't seem to be anyone paying attention as you exit the hatch -- Brosck with specific alacrity and more than a little nervous sweat.

With the shuttle -- and the lift -- and several troopers -- disabled, your mission is now to take command of the base by taking control of the command center. Recall if you will, your map:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gamersplane/AOR-beginner/whisperbase.jpg

How would you like to proceed?
OOC:
Brosck should take 2 strain for submitting himself to the enclosed space.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.