Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Mar 22, 2016 4:41 pm
Ploopploopeen sighs in relief, "Our people have lived in service to the Sea Mother for many years. Occasionally 'visionaries' pop up," he looks at Shuushar as he says this, then continues, "But they have never caused anything like this. A few weeks ago, my own daughter, Bloppblippodd, experienced a vision of Leemooggoogoon. The Deep Father, she calls him, and she's said that he is our new god," he gnashes his teeth at this and begins pacing, throwing his hands up and turning about randomly as he rants.

"Normally this would be ignored and she'd be shunned, but she has gained tremendous power and new followers have rushed to her side. We are split in two, fighting among ourselves. The number of offering the followers of the Deep Father have been making is increasing quickly. Blood sacrifices thrown to the water and consumed by... something."

He trails off for a moment, to give you time to digest the backstory.
Mar 22, 2016 5:11 pm
Hunter listens, absently nodding her head as she parses the Kuo-Toa's words. The reference to the name of the Deep Father strikes her as odd, for some reason, and she almost freezes as she considers it. It's obvious she is still thinking about it, as she speaks without considering her words, "Don't you enjoy the majority of the populace and the favor of your deity? Kill your daughter and end this schism."
OOC:
Is it just me, or does anyone hear a different name? I don't want to get too meta, but...

Rolls

Religion - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Mar 22, 2016 5:17 pm
Mai'ngor stands impassively and says in his deep, level voice, "I would normally deem it unwise to meddle in the religious affairs of others. Ultimately this is not our concern. But we need help crossing the lake, and the followers of this Deep Father seem unlikely to aid us. Tell us, archpriest, what help do you seek from us, and what are you willing to offer in return?"
Mar 22, 2016 6:53 pm
Ploopploopeen shakes his head, "Were it only that simple, I would kill her myself. She is well-guarded and mighty in her own right. I propose a deal," he continues, "You allow yourselves to be captured. We will offer you as a sign of contrition and an attempt to bridge the gap between the factions. And when you are brought up to be given to the 'Deep Father', we will strike. With your assistance I am confident that we can remove my daughter from power and put our society back together."

"In return we will reward you. We will ferry you across the Darklake, and shower riches upon you for saving us. You will be heroes!"

Hunter cocks her head at the name of the Deep Father. It sounds similar to the name of the Demon Prince Demogorgon. But if he were free he wouldn't be wasting his time with the Kuo Toa.
Mar 22, 2016 6:59 pm
"I dislike having to be a prisoner again," admits Hunter. "But, if it helps us get across Darklake and defeats the prospect of this... entity, I think it might be worthwhile."

She briefly touches the copper wire at her ear, and whispers a Message to the group, I have a very bad feeling about this new deity they are worshiping, and shudder to think of what may happen should they rise to power.
Mar 22, 2016 6:59 pm
"And what can you offer us now?" I look at this Kuo Toa with deep distrust. How convenient to offer us up for bait. It's just our lives.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Mar 22, 2016 7:09 pm
Mai'ngor nods in agreement with Xeliss. "Yes, how can we be certain you'll keep your word?"

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Mar 22, 2016 7:54 pm
"I'm sure I can offer nothing but my word that could make you believe me, but Shuushar can verify that this Deep Father is a new development in our home," Ploopploopeen says, and Shuushar nods his agreement, "I can provide you any equipment or supplies you think you'd need before we 'bring you in' as prisoners. My daughter's guards are so sure of their might that they won't even likely disarm you, they haven't so far."

The archpriest appears to have been honest in his speaking to you so far.
Mar 22, 2016 8:09 pm
Hunter immediately says, "A crystal, orb, or other suitable arcane focus." She glances around the party and adds, "For whoever needs one."
Mar 22, 2016 8:13 pm
OOC:
Just to note, Soliin must use a Component Pouch, Arcane Tricksters are not able to use an Arcane Focus
Mar 22, 2016 9:59 pm
In disbelieve that some of the party seems to be actually considering being taken prisoner again Elfog roars his disapproval, "Being a captive once is enough with you lot!" He hurriedly stomps up to Ploopploopeen (weapons holstered) and says, "Going to be needing much more than promises and equipment, Fish. Something goes wrong here it's our necks, not one of yers."
Mar 23, 2016 3:41 am
Mai'ngor balks at the mention of disarming. "I will NOT part with Sinag. If anyone tries to take her, that someone dies."
Mar 23, 2016 6:08 am
"Her?" Hunter comments quietly, to no one in particular.
Mar 23, 2016 11:26 am
"The notion of being captured again is unsavory, but if we keep our weapons, it may be ok..." Soliin says. "But maybe as extra insurance, I should follow behind, hidden, and kick the festivities off? I can probably take out one or two of their numbers before they notice."
Mar 23, 2016 11:32 am
"I can just as easily hide in rat form."
Mar 23, 2016 11:50 am
"Very well then." Mai'ngor dismisses Sinag's blade and conceals the hilt in the rope coiled around his torso. He sheaths his other weapon, the drow shortsword. "We will feign capture while Xeliss and Soliin follow us incognito. Let us get to it."
Mar 23, 2016 8:25 pm
"Sounds wonderful, we will be back with your requested supplies. Before we go, was there anything else we could bring you to assist in this task?" he then turns to address Elfog, "What would it take to acquire your assistance?"
Mar 23, 2016 9:03 pm
Soliin thinks for a moment. "Do you have anything that can create a large amount of smoke, to use as a distraction or a means of escape, should it come to that? Perhaps something compact enough for me to carry or make direct use of?"
Mar 23, 2016 9:54 pm
Shocked that the party would even think to agree to such a plan Elfog stands in stunned silence (probably a first for him) and merely shakes his head. "Damned fools going to get us all killed!" he murmurs under his breath.

Slowly drawing his short sword as he ponders the question, he looks at Ploopploopeen and defeatly states "A proper weapon fitting a warrior such as meself would be nice." He holds up the found short sword he has been using and looks at it with disgust. "This thing is merely a pointy stick..."
Mar 23, 2016 11:39 pm
Soliin walks over to Elfog and puts his hand on Elfog's arm. "No one will go unarmed, unarmored, or actually bound. No one's going to take me prisoner ever again. And as you're all my ticket out of here, I won't let you be either."
OOC:
If necessary, I can make a charisma or such roll? :)
load next

Thread locked