Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Apr 5, 2016 3:41 pm
Spare bolt in hand, Soliin aims his hand crossbow against Bloppblippodd and lets loose two bolts, getting ready to quickly hide again.
OOC:
I know only one of them can be a sneak attack.

Also, ranged attacks didn't have an attribute mod in previous versions of DnD; I'm assuming that's the same?

Rolls

Attack 1 - (1d20+7, 1d6)

1d20+7 : (4) + 7 = 11

1d6 : (6) = 6

Attack 2 - (1d20+7, 1d6)

1d20+7 : (20) + 7 = 27

1d6 : (6) = 6

Sneak attack damage and critical damage (2d6x2 SA + 1d6 crit) - (5d6)

(54554) = 23

Apr 5, 2016 3:53 pm
As the chaos erupts, Hunter pulls Stool with her to the building close by, keeping her back to the wall and eyeing any kuo-toa that looks to threaten them. Her eyes settle on Bloppblippodd, and Hunter draws her hand back. She takes a deep breath, then exhales as she pushes her hand forward.

The earth underneath Bloppblippodd suddenly sinks, while an equal amount rises up 5' away near the grate.
OOC:
Channeling Hunter's inner earthbender and casting Mold Earth to instantaneously excavate a 5' cube from underneath Bloppblippodd and deposit it into the grate to either cover or plug it up (not sure how far away the grate is compared to the kuo-toa). The excavation itself won't cause damage, but I'm hoping it traps her inside a hole and gives everyone else a better chance to attack.
Apr 5, 2016 3:55 pm
Mai'ngor charges past the archpriest of the Sea Mother to trample the priestess of the deep father. As he does so, Sinag's blade springs forth, filling the area with brilliance.
OOC:
Bonus action to activate Sinag's blade
Hooves 1d20+1, 2d6+1
Trampling Charge: KM1 DC11 STR save or prone

Rolls

Trampling Charge vs. B, damage. - (1d20+1, 2d6+1)

1d20+1 : (14) + 1 = 15

2d6+1 : (36) + 1 = 10

Apr 5, 2016 10:56 pm
"Here we go!"

Adrenaline pumping Elfog brings Tolvihar from his back and rushes in on Bloppblippodd. Attempting to cut her through with a single attack he brings the axe around swinging right to left.
OOC:
Rage (2 of 3 for the day) and Reckless attack. All these bloopadoopadoopp names are killing me, not sure who to attack. :-)
Last edited April 5, 2016 10:56 pm

Rolls

Attack Roll (with Reckless Attack Avantage) / Damage - (1d20+7, 1d20+7, 1d12+7)

1d20+7 : (19) + 7 = 26

1d20+7 : (11) + 7 = 18

1d12+7 : (5) + 7 = 12

Apr 6, 2016 4:51 pm
Soliin makes an attack from the rooftops, hitting Bloppblippodd in the chest (34 damage!). He quickly reloads his hand crossbow and fires another bolt which finds a hold just next to the first (13 damage)
OOC:
You were hidden, so your first attack would have had advantage. One the second attack I rolled another natural 20, so you actually got two critical hits.
After Soliin's bolts land the ground beneath Bloppblippodd's feet gives way and she drops into a newly created hole in the ground. She manages to not trip, but she is stuck in a hole surrounded by powerful foes.

Mai'ngor rushes up just as the hole appears. He skids to quick stop before he falls in and launches a hoof out, connecting solidly with Bloppblippodd's head (10 damage). She is stunned and falls to the ground.

Pumping his powerful little legs, Elfog rushes forward and leaps into the hole as Bloppblippodd falls down. She looks up just in time to see Elfog falling toward her, "Leemooggoogoon!" she calls. His muscles tense up all at once as he puts his whole body into his strike and his arms snap forward. Tolvihar's fine edge barely even slows as it cleaves through the kuo-toa's skull and drives down into the stone below, digging in several inches before it's momentum is finally exhausted (12 damage).
OOC:
You guys did an incredible amount of damage in one round, I can't even believe it.
You all gain 500 xp for your incredible victory.

Another post is incoming
Apr 6, 2016 5:20 pm
I watch everything unfolding from above, lightning fast before I even have a moment to appreciate what is transpiring. I am impressed despite myself.
Apr 6, 2016 5:27 pm
Moments after the fall of the priestess youhear the sound of screaming coming from the water of the Darklake. Looking over in that direction, you can see that there are kuo-toa thrashing and screaming in agony. Others are standing and fighting an unseen enemy below the waves.

Another sound rises above the burbling cries of the kuo-toa. The dark surface of the water farther out bubbles and begins to foam. A thick, oily tentacle bursts forth, followed by another. Then two monstrous heads break the surface, both resembling hideous, angry baboons with wickedly curved tusks. Both heads are attached to a single torso, and the monster's red eyes burn with bloodlust and madness. The creature rising from the Darklake must stand thirty feet tall or more, with water cascading down its back and shoulders. Upon reaching its full height, the great demon throws back both its heads and roars!

Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
OOC:
You may all roll a religion or arcana check to see if you recognize this being
You must also all make a Charisma Saving Throw!

Rolls

Sarith Cha Save - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Stool Cha Save - (1d20-3)

(18) - 3 = 15

Hemeth Cha Save - (1d20-1)

(10) - 1 = 9

Jimjar Cha save - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Hemeth - (1d100)

(53) = 53

Jimjar - (1d100)

(13) = 13

Hemeth - (1d10)

(3) = 3

Jimjar - (1d10)

(5) = 5

Apr 6, 2016 5:34 pm
Hunter immediately tries to pick up Stool and run away from Darklake. She doesn't know where she's going, simply intent on putting as much distance as possible between her and that thing.

"Run! Run now!" is all she manages to cry out.
Last edited April 6, 2016 5:35 pm

Rolls

Charisma - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Apr 6, 2016 5:53 pm
I stare at the creature that rises out of the water.
OOC:
Gnome's cunning gives advantage on CHA saving throws against magic. If it's not magic, disregard.

Rolls

Charisma Save w/advantage - (1d20+1, 1d20+1)

1d20+1 : (17) + 1 = 18

1d20+1 : (13) + 1 = 14

Arcana check - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Apr 6, 2016 5:54 pm
Jimjar's eyes roll up into the back of his head and he sits down and rocks back and forth, helpless.

The Duergar screams in rage and grows to twice his normal size. He picks up his warhammer off the floor and begins attack the kuo-toa around him.

Shuushar is nowhere to be seen in the madness.

Sarith rushes up to Hunter, and begins running away with her and Stool.

Naatkinson sent a note to Moofsalot

Rolls

Soliin! - (1d100, 1d10)

1d100 : (66) = 66

1d10 : (4) = 4

Apr 6, 2016 5:55 pm
Soliin gapes in horror, looking at the monstrosity ahead of him. He loads a bolt and drops down behind one of the houses, trying to hide from the beast.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Charisma saving throw - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Apr 6, 2016 5:59 pm
Soliin drops down off of the house he was on and begins to look around fearfully. Tears begin running down his cheeks as he watches something that others can't see.

Naatkinson sent a note to Keleth

Rolls

Elfog - (1d100, 1d10)

1d100 : (50) = 50

1d10 : (8) = 8

Mai'ngor - (1d100, 1d10)

1d100 : (77) = 77

1d10 : (5) = 5

Apr 6, 2016 10:54 pm
Ripping Tolvihar from Bloppblippodd's corpse, Elfog looks up just as the double headed creature breaks the surface of the lake. "What in hells is that thing!?"
OOC:
AD&D Leemooggoogoon will always be my favorite Leemooggoogoon! :-)
Last edited April 6, 2016 10:55 pm

Rolls

Religion - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Charisma Saving Throw - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Apr 7, 2016 6:25 am
MAi'ngor stares up in awe at the unholy monster.

Rolls

Charisma save - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Apr 7, 2016 12:58 pm
Elfog's exclamation sounds more like "What in the hubba bidorsch?"
Naatkinson sent a note to szemely
Mai'ngor bends down and begins shoveling dirt from the ground into his mouth, looking around with a mad gleam in his eye. He stops when someone bumps into him while rushing by, he looks very confused.
Naatkinson sent a note to Jabes.plays.rpg
Apr 7, 2016 1:27 pm
Soliin sits on the ground, pulling his legs in close to himself, rocking slightly, randomly waving his hands as if waving off unseen opponents. He reaches for the hilt of his sword, presumably to fend off the next unseen foe.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Apr 7, 2016 1:45 pm
[Note to Keleth]
Naatkinson sent a note to Keleth
Apr 7, 2016 3:08 pm
I jump down from my hiding spot and head towards Soliin. I'm not sure what happened but I will need to get him out of here and away from that thing.
Last edited April 7, 2016 3:08 pm
Apr 7, 2016 3:37 pm
Unsure of what he is seeing or what is happening Elfog is (probably for the first time in his life) truly scared. Turning away from the lake he starts to pump his legs to put as much distance between him and the two headed monstrosity as he can. He'll yell out to anyone that he can see, "Banagril foolik humgrep!!!"
OOC:
Elfog will run and hide behind the first substantial cover he can find and then slowly take a peek back towards the lake.
Apr 7, 2016 3:52 pm
As his hand reaches his blade, Soliin still look around in fear, but his eyes seem clearer. He stands, drawing his blade and waving off invisible foes. But his actions are less forceful, as if fending something off, and rather as if pushing away something insubstantial.

He sees Xeliss coming towards him and stands. "We must get the others and be off! Whatever this is, we stand no chance here!"
load next

Thread locked