OOC Megathread!

load previous
Dec 11, 2015 4:20 pm
A note on intent, which I should have put in my round two post, but I didn't and don't want to edit it after the fact:

Ohica's aim is to get out the door with Boide, with the hope that she, or one of the people behind her, can slam the door. If that doesn't work, then they will at least be in a narrower passage and not so easily surrounded.

By the way, as a DM, I love how Candi is running this: how we all rolled our damage and just assumed it was having an effect, and her presentation of the constructs being moved without actually saying whether they've been damaged at all.
Naatkinson says:
Hey, we've taken one down so far. That's good, right?
We've knocked one down, at least. I wouldn't be surprised if #7 gets back up next round, given that it was "lifeless" to begin with.
Dec 11, 2015 4:20 pm
As a fair warning, dragging Boide out will incur attacks of opportunity (2).

Also, I did eventually come clean on the damage outcomes :)
Dec 11, 2015 4:21 pm
Candi says:
I know it. But there's her ideals.
Dec 11, 2015 4:22 pm
Candi says:

But only against Ohica, right? Forced movement (dragging) isn't supposed to incur attacks of opportunity as I understand it
Dec 11, 2015 4:22 pm
Cool, just checking. You can have Inspiration for that -- in fact, have 2 (I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I let players stockpile inspiration. It sucks to 'earn it' when you've got one you haven't had good reason to spend yet).

EDIT: Yes, just Ohica.
Dec 11, 2015 4:25 pm
Naatkinson says:
Candi says:

But only against Ohica, right? Forced movement (dragging) isn't supposed to incur attacks of opportunity as I understand it
Candi's confirmed it, but story-wise, Ohica is expecting that the golems would focus their attacks on the conscious foes (ie, her).
Dec 11, 2015 4:31 pm
Naatkinson says:

(I'm running out of spells!)
If we can't get away from these guys, I think it's time to start spamming our cantrips. Valinar has Fire Bolt, right? If Ohica can survive another round, she's going to start laying down a rhythm track of Sacred Flames.
Dec 11, 2015 4:37 pm
spaceseeker19 says:
Naatkinson says:

(I'm running out of spells!)
If we can't get away from these guys, I think it's time to start spamming our cantrips. Valinar has Fire Bolt, right? If Ohica can survive another round, she's going to start laying down a rhythm track of Sacred Flames.
I still have one more use of Scorching Ray, as well as the ability to twin another Chromatic Orb
Dec 11, 2015 5:06 pm
Was it Xasu who was hit, or Tolvaj? I thought Xasu wasn't in the room anymore...?
Dec 11, 2015 5:23 pm
Yeah didn't we all.. It was Xasu. Xasu went to the opposite door, hoping to bypass the fight I expect. He has started going down the north hallway, the exit that was behind the golems, but the golem has followed him. So I guess he's not in the room, but he's still being attacked.

As I understand Tolvaj is in the hallway with the rest of you... but maybe I got that wrong too!
Dec 11, 2015 5:48 pm
Tolvaj is in the hall trying to remain hidden as he's basically a coward.
Dec 11, 2015 6:00 pm
Valinar is terrifyingly squishy... 11 HP at level 3, talk about a glass cannon!
Dec 11, 2015 6:41 pm
Did I get the action economy correct on my last turn? Let me know if I got it wrong so I can amend. Also, I posted tht before I understood that Xasu and his golem have left the room. So I guess I only blasted two golems? Also, is Xasu down? I didn't catch that either. I guess I'll have to go in there and stabilize him.
Last edited December 11, 2015 6:42 pm
Dec 11, 2015 9:12 pm
Congratulations, CancerMan! Boide now has more HP than Ohica does!
Dec 11, 2015 9:48 pm
spaceseeker19 says:
Ohica heals for a LOT!

Looking at the character, how do you get +7? I count +5
Last edited December 11, 2015 9:49 pm
Dec 11, 2015 10:16 pm
Naatkinson says:
spaceseeker19 says:
Ohica heals for a LOT!

Looking at the character, how do you get +7? I count +5
You're right - I was using the spell attack mod, rather than the spell ability mod.
So it should be 1d4+2 (wis mod)+2+(spell level)=1d4+5
Dec 11, 2015 10:36 pm
I'll take the 9. Does this mean Boide is awake?
Dec 12, 2015 1:51 pm
Candi says:
Pretty sure Eithne is unconscious now as well.
Yeah, LOL! And had that hit dealt 4 more points of damage Eithne would have died outright!
Dec 12, 2015 4:58 pm
I can't seem to access that map that you posted a link to. Is there something I need to do before I can see it? Thanks!
Dec 12, 2015 5:08 pm
You, you needed me to set the permissions properly on the file. Done now, it should work.

Map link
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.