OOC Megathread!

load previous
Jan 15, 2016 9:05 pm
I REALLY don't like the possibilities here... Oh well, I'll just make a new guy if I die!
Jan 15, 2016 9:10 pm
Naatkinson says:
I REALLY don't like the possibilities here... Oh well, I'll just make a new guy if I die!
Fortunately, they are about the same as every other room in this place: Live or Die.
Jan 18, 2016 9:39 am
I'm waiting to see how Valinar does before attempting anything. I have an idea that involves the Mold Earth cantrip but I think simply adding a lifeline to Valinar's method might be best. Let's hope nothing shows up to attack us or anything.
Jan 18, 2016 4:41 pm
Right - there's a hazard we haven't seen yet, and don't know about.
Jan 19, 2016 11:26 pm
Hi all, I'm away until Saturday at Center Parcs. See you shortly!
Jan 23, 2016 10:41 pm
Awesome effect! Does this recharge at all?
Jan 23, 2016 10:57 pm
Nope. Once used, the colour of the used bead drains.. forever!
Jan 24, 2016 12:42 am
Note!

Candi sent a note to Naatkinson
Jan 24, 2016 6:38 am
Holy crap! R.I.P, Valinar!
Candi says:
I realize Eithne and Ohica were about to attempt a magical traversal. I haven't resolved that because, I wasn't sure if, with Valinar's death, they still want to do that.
After taking 14hp damage, Eithne is down to 8hp. She can't take another hit like that. If she attempts the platforms and gets hit, even if it doen't kill her, a failed concentration check will drop her and her "passenger" into the pit. He has advantage on concentration checks [War Caster feat] but it's still risky.

I feel like trying it unless someone has a better idea. There's my lifeline idea if you want to attempt it and if there's enough rope. I don't know the frequency the geyser eruptions but it looks like there's not enough time to dash across by any means without getting hit at least once. I don't know. One thing's for sure: people standing around on the platform will just get hit again and again.

To be honest, Eithne could just wildshape into a lizard, cross the ceiling unharmed and wait for you all on the other side.
Jan 24, 2016 2:49 pm
Looking at the image Candi uploaded it looks like it's possible to avoid getting hit by the geysers f Eithne sets each stone platform higher and higher iut of the geysers' range, and then come down the other side. The question remains, how many people can Eithne take per trip? How many people can fit in a 5 ft square.
Jan 24, 2016 2:55 pm
From your observations, the geyser's steam nearly reaches the ceiling. Going above them is definitely possible, although then you'll be experimenting with blocks of mud that you are standing on being hit by blasts of boiling water.

Eithne can bring one other on the trip, if you had a halfling they could join 'for free'.

Finally, a mechanical detail that will help you all -- the geyser damage is based on horizontal distance from the source. Directly atop it, and you suffer as Valinar did, every 10 feet away lowers the damage by 1d10. Going along the outer walls, thus, would be 'safer' than going over them in so far as, going over them doesn't, technically, reduce damage by distance.

EDIT: Dont take the picture too literally, it's meant to just provide a sense of the room - it is from a comic about the hilarious advenutre of a group through this dungeon.
Jan 24, 2016 3:08 pm
Well then it's Eithne and Ohica along the far wall as fast as we can then! I hope we don't gethit again. Like I said, down to 8hp. :-P

And where's our hilarity? Hehe!
Jan 25, 2016 6:18 am
Cancerman says:
Casting Healing Word at 2nd level on Eithne. 2d4+5 HP.
Do I roll for hp healed, or does CancerMan
Candi says:
Taris and the others wisely retreat to the safety of the hallway
Ok, it never even occurred to me to retret into the hallway. I thought the turnstile prevented it. TUrns out I misunderstood the dungeon haha!

So Eithne and Ohica made it? Thank the gods for War Caster!
Last edited January 25, 2016 6:18 am
Jan 25, 2016 1:09 pm
Doesn't matter who rolls, as CancerMan hasn't you do it.

There's a long hallway between the turnstile and the door into the mud room.
Jan 26, 2016 2:00 am
I've added the hp roll to this post. 10hp! Good thing too, because it turns out Eithne was down to 3/17 hp, not 8/22 (forgot about the damn ring of unicorn poop). So now she's at 13/17hp.

The platform on the other side is nearly identical...and also has a long hallway leading away, yes?
Jan 26, 2016 2:44 pm
There's a bit of confusion about the shape of this room, although it doesn't matter much -- there is no long hallway leading to a door, the door is in the wall directly adjacent to the platform. Recall that, when Boide listened at the door, he heard the sprinkling of water hitting the door.

Anyway, the door is plain to the eye.
Jan 26, 2016 3:10 pm
Got it. Edited my post. Now to go get the rest.
Feb 5, 2016 1:21 am
Ulaa: dwarven goddess of gems and door wisdom.
Feb 5, 2016 1:25 am
Ha! :-)
Feb 10, 2016 1:48 am
I take it the dark room is impervious to Tolvaj's dark vision?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.