Absences

load previous
Nov 7, 2017 12:57 pm
Is it weird that I want to serve on a jury?
Nov 7, 2017 1:25 pm
Lol free lunch? No. And yes, originally I was called to serve a week before my due date. Needless to say, I postponed it.

I wanted to serve on a jury and see what it’s like. It’s a civic duty and all. Trying to get out of it without a valid reason (luckily for me I get paid while on jury duty so no problems there) seems unpatriotic. I figure I get it out if the way and don’t have to do it again for a while.

Ironically, my hours and commute end up being, collectively, 3 hours less than what I have for work, so I can’t really complain.
Nov 7, 2017 1:43 pm
I may get called to go to jury duty, but I’ll never get selected. My degree is criminal justice, my mom’s a lawyer, dad’s a cop. Lawyers, especially defense lawyers, usually don’t select people with my knowledge of the law.
Nov 7, 2017 3:08 pm
You could still get selected for Grand Jury. There’s no interview process for that, at least there wasn’t for mine.
Nov 7, 2017 3:57 pm
Bigdogg1990 says:
I may get called to go to jury duty, but I’ll never get selected. My degree is criminal justice, my mom’s a lawyer, dad’s a cop. Lawyers, especially defense lawyers, usually don’t select people with my knowledge of the law.
That is weird, because honestly, I feel like a jury should actually have your set of skills.
Nov 7, 2017 5:35 pm
They don't even buy you lunch? Ditch the gig, not worth your time. Like... not even a street hotdog!? Wow.
Nov 7, 2017 7:51 pm
Valcos says:
They don't even buy you lunch? Ditch the gig, not worth your time. Like... not even a street hotdog!? Wow.
*chuckles* wait, what do you mean when you say street hotdog???
Nov 7, 2017 8:03 pm
Remnant says:
Valcos says:
*chuckles* wait, what do you mean when you say street hotdog???
Those are called water dogs.
Nov 8, 2017 4:21 pm
Apologies, but might not be posting until Saturday. Life. :-(
Nov 10, 2017 12:59 am
Unfortunately real life priorities are rearing their ugly head once again. I'm going to have to take a leave of absence for a while and apologize to those who have one of my characters in your game. Please feel free to drop or ignore the character as you see fit.

For those of you in games that I'm running, I also apologize. I will keep the games open, but will more than understand if you choose to leave.

I plan on being back sometime after the holidays. Until then, happy gaming!! :-)
Nov 10, 2017 7:41 am
szemely says:
Unfortunately real life priorities are rearing their ugly head once again. I'm going to have to take a leave of absence for a while and apologize to those who have one of my characters in your game. Please feel free to drop or ignore the character as you see fit.

For those of you in games that I'm running, I also apologize. I will keep the games open, but will more than understand if you choose to leave.

I plan on being back sometime after the holidays. Until then, happy gaming!! :-)
No worries, thanks for the heads up
Nov 10, 2017 3:37 pm
I have some updates, bad news and good news about my computer situation.

The bad news is that I'm not going to fix my computer any sooner. My new fan has an estimated delivery date of Nov. 27th to Dec. 18th.
The good news is that I've been doing some testing as to how long can I use my computer under this and that condition, and I think I can easily escape with a couple usages of 3-ish hours a day so long as I keep my window open to keep my room cool, and so long as I turn it off at least once in the day. So, not as bad as I had originally thought, but it will limit somewhat my posting capabilities.

So yeah, this is pretty much what I have for updates.
Nov 11, 2017 3:06 pm
I’m at a cabin over the weekend. Won’t be posting until probably Monday
Nov 12, 2017 8:30 am
I'll be going on a work trip next week. I'll be in meetings all day, but will try to post in the evenings.
Nov 22, 2017 7:07 am
I have to go on another trip tomorrow, will be back on Sunday or Monday, when I may have to take another trip. Will have limited connectivity.
Nov 22, 2017 2:26 pm
It's getting a bit colder lately so I can't open my window as often as I'd like to cool my computer down, and that fan hasn't arrived yet... So I'm pretty much stuck using my computer in 90-115 minutes increments. Not that this has affected my ability to post all that much, but I thought you guys should all still know...
Nov 28, 2017 12:48 pm
Barely been home two days and I have to travel again. Will be home late on friday, so I expect I will post less the next few days.
Dec 5, 2017 4:54 am
Done with jury duty and back to work and normalcy-ish.
Dec 8, 2017 6:59 pm
Busy weekend. Expect a down-tick in my availability. Apologies in advance!

EDIT: Will coincide with scheduled site downtime anyway.

UPDATE (Dec 12, 3:08AM GMT+8): Ok, was able to pop in and write a few quick posts. But I'm far from out of the woods here (hey, it's the holidays - busy as heck for the food biz!) So my continued apologies to the games I'm unable to give due attention!
Last edited December 11, 2017 7:08 pm
Dec 12, 2017 1:10 am
Some update on my computer status. It might be worse than I think. My computer refuses to recognize empty DVDs for backup purpose and refuses to read engrave DVDs. Although it has no problems with music CDs and movie DVDs...

Haven,t changed my fan yet despite having received it. I still want to change my new HD at the same time as I change my fan, and now I might have to switch my DVD/CD reader/engraver...

Just having a normal fan blowing cool air towards my computer seems to allow me to keep it cooler longer and use it in longer increments. I'm not sure why, but I assume cool air enters through the DVD slot up front and cools down the interior...

So yeah, if I'm going to open up my Mac to change my fan and HD, I might as well wait to see if the DVD reader still acts up and if I need to buy a new one first, so this might set me back some time...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.