Chapter 2 - The Suburbs

load previous
Jan 25, 2016 8:40 pm
Howard helps push the car, after he swallows down his gorge.
Jan 25, 2016 10:31 pm
When everyone appears to be ready Jacob will start the count.

"On three everyone. One... Two... Two and a half... Three!"
OOC:
I'll take the roll. I assume I'm checking VIT on this one?
OOC:
Been a while, but I think I just borked the check (with a VIT 2)
Last edited January 25, 2016 10:35 pm

Rolls

Positive Dice - (1d6, 1d6, 1d6, 1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (5) = 5

1d6 : (6) = 6

1d6 : (5) = 5

1d6 : (6) = 6

1d6 : (2) = 2

Negative Die - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Jan 26, 2016 3:20 am
OOC:
Actually with a Vit 2 you succeeded with one success. You also had your negative dice cancelled out so you take no stress. With everyone pushing the task is easy enough.
With a small effort everyone is able to pitch in and move the car out of the way. You can now hop the curb in your own vehicles and pass around the fallen tree in the road.

After the car has been moved you hear the shatter of glass from the direction of the house The other two had gone to inspect. You see one form slumped on the porch outside the front window to the house. A second blood covered female is at the window and follows the same path as the first. She flips ass over tea kettle and lands on the porch as well. The first one is shakily trying to get to its feet.
Jan 26, 2016 3:30 am
"Time to go, now!"
Feb 2, 2016 5:12 pm
Howard rejoins Annette in Andrew's car - "Everybody buckled?" he calls to the invisible Andrew in the back seat - and then starts the engine. He'll drive up the curb and around the tree to continue following Kel, looking back to see if Jacob and Peter are following.
Feb 2, 2016 5:32 pm
As everyone piles back into the cars and takes off around the tree the zombies have risen and are shambling towards the cars. One glances off Andrew's car and leaves a red blood splotch on the hood.

As you are able to continue up the road you see far more chaos on this side of the tree. A few houses are engulfed in flames and there are cars coated in copious amounts of blood. Trails of blood streak away from the vehicles and often lead to what you can only assume at one point was a human being, the bloody mess that is left behind isn't very telling.

A few blocks over you see a man run out of a house, and a zombie shambles just behind him, looking back he doesn't even see the one in front of him as it wraps it's arms around him and bites down on his face. His screams trail off to a slight moan before going silent.

As it turns out Kel's home, that you are going to, is just down the street from Peter's destination. As you turn onto that block there is an eerie silence. Few lights are on in the area and from the outside Kel's house looks dark and dormant. Up the street Peter's girlfriends house has some of the internal lights on.

Distant screams, and intermittent gunfire, have become a droning background noise in these suburbs.
Feb 3, 2016 12:47 pm
Kel checks his phone and if it is working he texts his wife. "WE ARE HERE. GET THE KIDS READY. WE ARE LOADING THE JEEP AND GETTING OUT OF TOWN"

He doesn't wait for a response, getting out the pistol he looks at the others in the car "OK, we have a Jeep that seats 5 and gear or 7 and nothing. If one of you can come with me, we can load what food we have in the pantry while the others guard."

As they approach the house, Kel girds himself for what he could be facing...
Feb 3, 2016 2:37 pm
Kel approaches the house with whoever will follow and help him get his family. He gave a brief description of the layout of his house so everyone knew where to find things, and where to be careful. The general layout is like this:

http://www.homeplannercatalog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/afloor1hpc.jpg

As you move up into the entry area, getting ready to enter the house, the lights are all out upstairs. You don't immediately hear or see anything out of the ordinary.
OOC:
Who wants to help Kel currently? Is everyone moving up to help? John will at least be following close behind with a gun drawn.

Also, in the house layout, just imagine that "Stairs Up" actually says "Stairs Down". The jeep is more than likely in the garage.
Feb 3, 2016 2:44 pm
Kel moves carefully up to the front door, peering into the living room window as he moves, gun drawn. He fishes the key out of his pocket as he goes.
Feb 3, 2016 2:45 pm
Peering in through the windows everything looks calm and quiet. All the lights are out, but things look to be in order and undisturbed.
Feb 3, 2016 3:33 pm
Kel looks back at John. "OK, they're in the basement. I have two small dogs. I don't know what we are going to do with them. They aren't usually barky but who knows with all this shit going on?" Kel opens the lock and enters the house.
Feb 3, 2016 10:46 pm
Jacob will get out of his car and take a look around. "I'll watch things out here while you get everyone out. If you need something just give me a yell."
Feb 4, 2016 10:33 am
Howard looks anxiously at Annette, then at Kel going toward the house alone, then at Jacob, who has proved to be so reliable in the last few hours. "Baby, darling, we've got to get Kel's family and his stuff loaded so we can get out of here! I'm going to go help him. I'm leaving this here - " Howard puts the gun down on the seat as he gets out of the car, "but don't use it unless you absolutely have to. Jacob is here, and he'll holler if there's anything wrong. I'll come running with this." Howard grabs up the paper cutter blade again, then kisses Annette deeply and steps out of the car. He shuts the door firmly but quietly as he can, then jogs to catch up to Kel at the front door.
Feb 4, 2016 6:46 pm
John, Howard, and Kel enter the dark house. Trying the light switch doesn't seem to do anything. The power seems out in the house here. The living room is all in order and the house is incredibly quiet. You can still hear the distant chaos of the other areas of the suburbs.

Jacob stands watch out front for anything unusual, but so far this entire street seems dark and desolate, except for the other house down the street where you still see lights on.

Annette gives Howard a long hug and takes the pistol, My father was actually a cop for 40 years, I can at least shoot this thing, she says as she drops the clip out of the pistol and checks the ammo. Just be safe, please.
Feb 4, 2016 7:18 pm
Kel makes his way to the basement stairs. He's hesitant to call out lest a zombie be nearby. Thoughts race through his head. What if rats came up through a drain? What if the dogs barked too much?
Feb 5, 2016 2:23 pm
As Kel reaches the stairs there seems to be no lights on downstairs either, but you hear something moving around down there. You can't tell what just yet.
Feb 5, 2016 3:01 pm
Howard does NOT like that the lights are off here; how will they see what to load into the Jeep?
OOC:
How well can we see in here? Can Howard see if the door to the bathroom is open? Or does he need to go back and get the cop flashlights from Andrew's car? Does John have a flashlight?
Feb 5, 2016 3:07 pm
Kel calls down the stairs "Lisa, it's me. Kelly" praying that she answers.
Feb 5, 2016 10:31 pm
"At least one of us knows how to use these things properly" Jacob says to Annette as she expertly checks over her weapon. "We'll just keep our eyes open out here while they do their thing. First sign of any real trouble we'll let them know and get the hell out of here! Sound good?"
Last edited February 5, 2016 10:32 pm
Feb 5, 2016 10:34 pm
As long as we don't leave without Howard, she responds, keeping an eye out on either end of the street.
load next

Thread locked