Questions and Chatter

load previous
Jan 12, 2016 6:30 pm
I'm a bit confused as to where things are at...do we need to make another roll to make it to the top or have we made it already?

And it looks like there was a mixup in foolsmask's recent post. It was Carrick that took the stim and not Galen. It looks like it was just a minor mixup, but it adds to my general uncertainty about what sort of thing I'm needing to post about....
Jan 13, 2016 2:19 am
I'm struggling somewhat with what Yaru's choice will be. I can see:

(a) no, I'm not bailing on my friend.
(b) I can totally recharge this thing and he can pick it up afterwards.
(c) what? I wasn't paying attention, I just assumed everyone would manage to make it.

So, still somewhat noodling.
Jan 13, 2016 5:29 pm
njohn858 says:
I'm a bit confused as to where things are at...do we need to make another roll to make it to the top or have we made it already?

And it looks like there was a mixup in foolsmask's recent post. It was Carrick that took the stim and not Galen. It looks like it was just a minor mixup, but it adds to my general uncertainty about what sort of thing I'm needing to post about....
Crap...sorry. I will fix that, but yes. Another check is now needed. Same parameters as before. The stim is still active for Carrick.
Jan 13, 2016 5:32 pm
@falryx...The one option you missed (or I was unclear in explaining) is that Yaru might be able to alter the controls to take more than one person. So yes, you could send Pha instead and hope to recharge the device, or Yaru could go now and let Pha make his own way or make an Int test to take you both. Or if something else occurs to you...there might be more options I haven't considered.
Jan 14, 2016 4:26 pm
I have a limit of applying 1 effort, is that right? The roll I have can be reduced from 5 -> 4 (pha) -> 2 (due to my specialization) -> 1 due to effort?
Jan 14, 2016 5:10 pm
I believe so.
Jan 14, 2016 5:12 pm
falryx says:
I have a limit of applying 1 effort, is that right? The roll I have can be reduced from 5 -> 4 (pha) -> 2 (due to my specialization) -> 1 due to effort?
yes, you get more Effort as your Tier(level) increases. 1 effort for now.
Jan 14, 2016 6:06 pm
Sorry. Again was incredibly busy. I am releasing issue orders for case i am not able to post:
Smash, kill them all and be bold (GM can rule my character if i am delaying game's advance)
I will post soon, anyways for the curent cycle. - so today no GM queue action needed.

Switched job and dived into deep waters.
Last edited January 14, 2016 6:07 pm
Jan 15, 2016 9:57 pm
Perhaps as a minor effect, we can ensure our safe delivery up top -- and if we're not first, we're 2nd and third.
Jan 15, 2016 9:59 pm
I don't think you get a minor effect on a 17...you get a +1 damage when rolling that in combat, but for actions, minor/major effects only trigger off of 19s and 20s
Last edited January 15, 2016 9:59 pm
Jan 16, 2016 12:26 am
njohn858 says:
I don't think you get a minor effect on a 17...you get a +1 damage when rolling that in combat, but for actions, minor/major effects only trigger off of 19s and 20s
Ah you're right - I was relying on some stuff online since my CRB wasn't handy. Reviewing page 88 in the CRB it aligns with this, versus what I read online.
Jan 16, 2016 2:26 pm
Soo was that a good suggestion? X3 Everyone should think about rubbing the belly of a dragon once in life right?
Jan 22, 2016 5:18 pm
Who wants which cypher? I'd kind of like to have the shocker!
Jan 22, 2016 5:24 pm
Same here, I also added two more Numenera to the pile also:

Disruptive Nodule L2:
Usable: Crystal nodule affixed to a melee weapon Effect: For the next 28 hours, each time the weapon the nodule is attached to strikes a solid creature or object, it generates a burst of nanites that directly attack organic cells. The affected target takes 1 additional point of damage and loses his next action.

Magnetic Shield L3:
Usable: Small pyramid-shaped metallic device Effect: For ten minutes, metal objects cannot come within immediate range of the activated device. Metal items already in the area when the device is activated are slowly pushed out.

Also don't forget your limit! Or you can looks at the GM... he'll probably like that...
Jan 22, 2016 5:26 pm
I'm going to add my Fireproof Spray L10: A nonliving object sprayed by this cypher has Armor against fire damage equal to the cypher’s level for 28 hours.

I'm going to take your Disruptive Nodule L2, because it's really awesome!
Jan 22, 2016 5:28 pm
Do we ever get a higher limit on the number of Cyphers we can carry?
Jan 22, 2016 5:45 pm
As a player I'll say yes, Glaive is two, Nano is three, Jack is two at Tier 1. Use them and find more since they're one time use. Those limits are the safe numbers.

If I was an sneaky GM I'd smile and say oh no you can have ten if you like... but each one over the cap you roll for Numenera Sickness (Is that what it's called?)
Jan 22, 2016 5:47 pm
I'd like to claim the Monoblade.
Jan 22, 2016 6:12 pm
Oh, not Numemera Sickness Cypher Danger.
Jan 22, 2016 6:13 pm
Naatkinson says:
Do we ever get a higher limit on the number of Cyphers we can carry?
At Third Tier all types increase the limit on cyphers by one.
Remnant says:
If I was an sneaky GM I'd smile and say oh no you can have ten if you like... but each one over the cap you roll for Numenera Sickness (Is that what it's called?)
It is called Cypher Danger, but sickness is a common result so that makes sense as well. There is a table I am supposed to roll on each day for each character that has more than their limit. I roll 1d100 and add ten for each cypher they have. If the result is 60 or lower, nothing happens. Above that bad stuff happens. It might simply cause one of your devices to stop working, cause some kind of radiation or chemical poison, or explode...depends on how unlucky you are. The rules also allow me to adjust the numbers as I see fit. For example a pill might be inert until ingested, so I could rule that the pill doesn't count. I plan on doing this, depending on the forms of your cyphers they will interact differently. You likely will figure out my game plan before to long.

So...Yes. You can have as many Cyphers as you want to carry...take 10, take 20 if you can find them! But be warned!!! :::insert diabolical villain style laughing here:::

So we now have a small pile of stuff. Don't feel like you have to take it all.It won't hurt my feelings. These are just random treasures. If something just doesn't appeal to you The Seer will be happy to take it off your hands. Feel free to post while we figure this out, but final decisions need to be made before encountering the Timmermen. I'll note character/player names as to who has expressed interest and strike-through when a decision is made, in hopes that will keep everything clear. Also, just need one of you to claim the Telepathy Implants, but there are enough for the whole group if you want to distribute them now that is fine.

Monoblade - Kveit/Friar_Tuk
Phase changer
Shocker
Telepathy Implants
Shocker - Galen/Naatkinsin, Pha/Remnant
Fire Proof Spray
Disruptive Nodule - Galen Naatkinson
Magnetic Shield
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.