Episode 1: A New Home

load previous
Jan 23, 2016 7:47 pm
"Well thatss good Doc." Bas expresses taking a last look at some parts before shoving them into his bag.

"I guess I can take a look at them there logss when you're done maybe we'll find out why they up and left like they did. We'll have to look round a bit more to find the ssspeeders or they done up and drove off on 'em. Jammer's down on account of that there radio transmitter been fried like an egg in a thunderclap, turrets probably powered down to conserve power. If we can find some replacement parts might be worth trying to repair. We can look into the generators but I'd prefer to assess the whole place before I sstart working on ssomething, ssshame to have to up and run out while working on something part way... terrible like something awful in meh boness man. Lets check the rest out and if we can find some other things round this place. M4-T3 hasn't hollered from the porch so I think we're good for a ssspell." Bas explains wiping his forehead.

He'll try and see what he can do for the computer logs real quick before they search the rest of the place.
OOC:
Feel free to add a die if you think it's be hard to get some data off the corrupted logs.

Rolls

Computer Check

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Advantage

Jan 23, 2016 7:52 pm
Beren will leave the computers to Bas and head out to look for a sign of the speeders -- a cursory search looking for something pretty Rebellion-standard or somewhat obvious rather than anything too meticulous and time consuming. If he doesn't find anything after about 5-10 minutes he'll give it up. On his way by Mate, he'll add "I'm going to see if there's any sign of the base's speeders or former occupants nearby. Picking up anything unusual?"
Jan 24, 2016 1:52 am
"Negative, sir. No contact with any outside entities. Sitrep normal. I shall join you in the search for the vehicles."
Jan 24, 2016 3:27 am
Morjak combs the area in search of any emergency medical supplies--surely there's a stimpak or at least some alcohol lying around somewhere.
Jan 24, 2016 4:03 pm
OOC:
Morjak Please give a Dificulty 2 Perception Check
Beren & M4-TE

The storm outside seems to be getting heavier by the moment. Coupled with the hgh temperatures a boggy effect begins to permeate onto the forest. A light misty fog is evident as a result. You can still see through the fog but it does affect how far you're able to see. The rain drops are big meaty drop that carry a lot of water with them. In the distance you hear the rumbling of thunder. It looks like youre in a pretty heavy storm.

Outside the Cabin you two begin to search for any Speeders or any clues of them. Unfortunately it seems as though any speeders that were mentioned in the log are long gone. There doesnt even appear to be any evidence of scrap from them.

--------------------
Bas

You begin to work hard at trying to recover the logs on this terminal. You type in a series of sequences but the best you get are a random jarble of words that end up going away as fast they came. It seems as though whatever happened to these logs has permanently destroyed them forever.

Take one strain as the jarble of words confuses you as well as your frustration with not being able to get the logs recovered
Jan 24, 2016 4:32 pm
Beren returns to the listening post and wanders inside, dripping. "Ugh. That's some nasty weather. We should probably think about getting ourselves dug in defensively and wait for this thing to blow over." He wanders back to a computer terminal near Bas, "I wonder if I can get a weather report out of the local network or one of these machines... If this storm will last for days no sense in staying put."
Jan 24, 2016 5:09 pm
"Agreed. Returning to cover seems the best course of action at this time, and far more desirable than being out in the weather. If we have not found them yet, there seems a high probability that the vehicles were taken from here, either by the fleeing rebels or those that drove them off." M4 follows back, still keeping an eye out for trouble.
Jan 24, 2016 6:53 pm
"Can we wait any time at all for the medical supplies? The way the captain spoke sounds like we don't have any time at all or we risk losing the sergeant"
Jan 25, 2016 2:10 am
Geez, finally have time to make a post today.

Rolls

Finding supplies

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Jan 25, 2016 2:01 pm
Bas scavenges around with the Doctor to see what's useable. He also is on the lookout for anything locked that hasn't been pried open.

Rolls

Bas does a lookie loo Perception Average Check (Cun 3 Rank 0)

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 3 Failure

Total: 1 Advantage

Jan 25, 2016 5:18 pm
OOC:
In the future searching for things,computer checks etc are going to get one check. ie two cant go searcching for the same exact stuff in same place
Bas and Morjak begin to scatter through the remaining supplies at the cabin. You manage to come across two stimpacks from the medical supplies case in the upstairs area. While searching for medical supplies a loud rumble of thunder spooks and catches Morjak off guard, causing him to take 1 point in strain. Everything else though appears to be empty. The ration packs even look to have been eaten
Jan 25, 2016 9:09 pm
Checking the terminal you manage to figure out that the storm is going to be staying for atleast a couple of days, with the intensity of it dying off later that night. The temperatures seem to be staying the same though and the humidity also will remain unchanged. It seems as though boggy weather is seasonable this time of the year on uuopa.
OOC:
forgot to add this, sorry!
Jan 25, 2016 9:15 pm
With Bas doing no more really than watch Morjak really he stares at the human, "I guess we sshould ssee what the others are up to, the weather is going to be like this for a while longer here on this here planet, we can try and dissable the coms array sstation if we're not going to be coming back for a spell by removing vital componentss but I'd like the rest of the unit to weigh in and I did want to look into why the generators are offline before we leave... You think they found a speeder???" Bas finally pipped up not being of much use lately.
Jan 25, 2016 9:33 pm
"The Sergeant Major can't wait even until tonight for those medical supplies. If it's just going to be rain, I say we continue on to the city for the supplies that we need," Jarek says, not wanting to let the Captain down.
Jan 26, 2016 4:36 pm
Would these stimpaks suffice for the Sergeant?

"I find it incredibly unlikely that more squatters are going to decide to take over this base. Disabling it will only serve to make our lives more difficult in the near future." Morjak states, pocketing the stimpaks. "Using this place as an operable base will serve a much better purpose."
Jan 26, 2016 4:59 pm
"We have not located any transportation. It seems logical that we should move on. If need be we can retake this facility later, that seems an unlikely scenario."
OOC:
Stim packs are meant as a temporary fix in the field. For narrative purposes we need more heavy duty stuff. A bacta tank would probably be ideal.
Jan 27, 2016 4:23 pm
As you look up you see the grey sky begin to turn an almost amber cloudy sky. It must be getting well past daytime at this point. There are spurts of heavy downpour but for the most part the rain begins to taper off a little. One benefit of the rain accompanying the humidity right now is the lack of bugs that like to fly out and be a pestilence. With the two stim packs in hand they know that the Sergeant wont make it with just those, they will need something to treat the burns. You guys can tell from the map that if you head West that youd be able to make it to town after a decent walk.
Jan 27, 2016 4:35 pm
"I guess we're heading out to town." Bas states with a shrug looking around. "Maybe it'll be easier to move about at thiss time of day y'all" he adds as he slithers along taking point again.
Jan 27, 2016 10:29 pm
Beren nods to the consensus, "Let's get going -- we need to get those supplies quickly if the Sarge is going to pull through. I guess we're getting wet."
Jan 28, 2016 2:50 am
Morjak follows the others silently.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.