Episode 1: A New Home

load previous
Jan 28, 2016 4:58 am
After a fair distance of walking, and getting wet you begin to hear the sounds of a somewhat bustling city. Glimpses of buildings can be seen through the trees as you are walking. They look to be of a light green almost, olive color with various neon lighting poking out at you from where you're walking. Even then t looks to be a moderate distance away which tells you that the city is definitely not small by stature.

You begin to cross through more clearings and eventually reach the outer parts where some cabins are now within walking distance of where you guys are, and where the town is. The sky begins to really shine its amber hue through the clouds, despite all of the raining
Jan 28, 2016 12:52 pm
Nodding Bas looks around and thinks about the plan, moving in as individual and looks at the rest.

"Sso what chall using for your backsstory, people are gunna ask uss what we're doing 'round dess parts... we just some random drifterss? Should we get some different clothes yall think? Where do we meet up if we ssee a bunch of them there Imperial troopers in the town? And how long should we look around for ssupplies before we meet back up and leave? Maybe leave out of town another direction and come the long way back in case we're getting followed... if they don't think we're drifters that be a might big problem but if people do think we're drifters escpecially when we're singled out... we might get rushed and robbed... Plus we can't walk around town with our guns out unless we want to rob someone...yeah that's probably waaay out. Saarge would start ssspitting blood yelling at us..." Bas pipes up back into chatterbox mode. Falling silent he pulls a long blade of grass up and starts chewing on the base.
Jan 28, 2016 6:31 pm
"Be sure to remove rebel insignia. Holstered weapons should not draw to much attention during times of conflict such as these. I suggest two parties. We each belong to the crew of a cargo transport. We came down for repairs and refuel, but our approach was off and we had to land further away than we would have liked. It isn't exactly a lie."
Jan 28, 2016 9:14 pm
Beren holsters his pistol and double checks his insignia isn't on. "Sounds like a good plan, Mate. Do we have any job other than finding medical supplies? And what qualifies as medical supplies?"
Jan 28, 2016 9:34 pm
"Man M4-T3 that's good, 'mind me not to play cardss with you, you prolly got a mean poker face." Bas stats with a jerk of his neck.

"Well if I could find sssome parts for the ssstation that'd be nice and we could get it up and running right quick. Maybe ssome things to hide in the forest and ssomething to ssee heat or long distances with...Doc prolly knows what he needs to fix him up." Bas adds checking himself over and holstering his weapon.
Jan 28, 2016 9:36 pm
"Who's going to be in which group?"
Jan 28, 2016 10:30 pm
"I have compiled a list of everything we need to treat the Sergeant. Bandages, dressings, painkillers..Optimally, he needs a blood transfusion as well, however, finding the equipment and supplies for that would be difficult for obvious reasons. And of course, bacta is never remiss. Absolute best case scenario, he needs a proper medical suite." Morjak rattles off.
Last edited January 28, 2016 10:31 pm
Jan 29, 2016 12:37 am
Beren nods, mouthing the list to himself, "...and bacta." Looking then to Jarek, "Well, we could do the suits in one group... that would be you and the Doc. Or we can have someone join you guys. Or we can split the suits up between teams. Those seem like the three best choices."
Jan 29, 2016 1:10 am
"I would not advise challenging me to any game based solely on mathematical probability and the reading of subtle emotional responses. My lack of facial expression would prove...a hindrance." M4 replies to Bas.

"I volunteer to go look for medical supplies with the doctor. Looking for potentially expensive medical supplies will indicate a potential supply of credits. More likely to attract undesirable attention. The presence of a security droid may deter those looking to rob or swindle us."
Jan 29, 2016 1:14 am
"Well I guess I can go look for partss and maybe a beater sspeeder that is fixable on the cheap... One will at least get the Sarge what he needs asap if I can get it up and workin'." Bas offered up trying to think of the next step if they found what they needed.
Jan 29, 2016 4:27 am
"I guess that leaves me and Jarek to go find other medical supplies or things we might need?"
Jan 29, 2016 5:17 pm
"That sounds good to me," Jarek nods at Beren.
Jan 31, 2016 7:58 am
The two groups begin to split up and make their way into town in their respective pairings.

Jarek and Beren are the first to reach town. As they walk towards the town you see a mix of races tending to their various farmlands on the outside parts of the city. They appaear to be growing some tall green plant, and the way you look at it lets you know that they seem to be harvesting the plant for their leaves.

The tall buildings begin to appear taller as you approach closer. You make your way into the first entry part of the city and you can notice right away there is a taxi presence in this town. Freight also seems to be dealt with towards the edge of town. Large shipments of goods appear to be getting dropped off by transport ships which seem to be outfitted for life on Uuopa.

There seems to be an endless amount of possibilities as to where you could possibly go in search of medical supplies.

---------------

The group of Bas, M4-TE, And Morjak make their way into town slightly later than the previous group, having taken a slightly altered path to avoid any suspicion. As you pass the farms some of the workers look at the droid, almost as if they were prizing it for the parts they could possibly salvage from it. It only happens for a lingering second or two before the workers humbly continue onto their work. Perhaps the trouble isn't worth it to them and their small scale lives.

You approach into the city behind some caravan trading companies ahead of you that feed into the supply depot area of town where cargo is being dropped off once again, by transport ships. Everyone here appears to be busy quickly moving cargo, taking extra care of the things that should not be left out in the rain for too lnog
Jan 31, 2016 10:11 pm
"Jarek," Beren asks, "any idea what that plant is?" He gets a bit closer before he mutters, "I'd ask a local but don't want to look like some moof milker offworlder."
Feb 1, 2016 9:00 pm
Jarek looks at the plant and tries to remember anything that his tutors may have taught him about them.

Rolls

Education (Or one of my trained knowledge skills)?

1 Success, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Threat

Untrained knowledge?

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success

Feb 1, 2016 9:57 pm
Jarek receives 2 strain from trying to recall the information

You remember that it's a Borticulia. The plant itself is valued for its leaves, which can be ground into a paste as a cheap food that has many nutritional properties and a few medical ones, such as a minor numbing agent when combined with other materials.
Feb 1, 2016 10:01 pm
Jarek nods, "It's a borticulia," and then lists the effects that he knows it has, "It may be somewhat useful in at least making the sergeant more comfortable."
Feb 2, 2016 2:59 am
Morjak scans his eyes around the town, taking stock of the people. "Most of the supplies we need should be found in any general store. The only thing that requires specialization would be the transfusion, the bacta, and perhaps some stronger painkillers." he mentions to the others. "M4-T3, ensure that you set your blasters to stun, should these vultures get any bright ideas."
Feb 2, 2016 4:23 am
"I am prepared."
Feb 2, 2016 4:37 am
"Hrm. Ok." His eyes cast around, a little overwhelmed and lost for what to do. "Should we start poking around for some medical supplies? Or see if there's something else useful around? Bas is after a speeder -- perhaps we can try out some medical options in case the others whiff it."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.