Chapter 2.1 - Into the Strange

load previous
Jan 26, 2016 3:23 am
OOC:
Extra points for describing some kind of zero-G improbable wushu.
Jan 26, 2016 3:27 am
I aim my blaster at the first creature I see [T2].
OOC:
Obviously missing because of the new environment.
Last edited January 26, 2016 3:29 am

Rolls

Blaster Attack (5 damage) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Jan 26, 2016 3:41 am
Reaching into one of his many pockets, Diego grabs a grenade, pulls the pin, and starts to count. Aiming for the center of the group he tosses the projectile quick and straight, hoping to have it explode in air, about alien chest high.
OOC:
I'm having him instinctively realize that there is no need to 'lob' the grenade in a low gravity environment and instead trying to get it to 'air burst' amongst the group.

Ha! There goes Diego's hand.... :-)
Last edited January 26, 2016 3:41 am

Rolls

Grenade Attack - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Jan 26, 2016 3:47 am
AJ fires a shot, but his target deftly steps out of the way.

Diego throws his grenade hard and it whacks a strut, bounces down, carombs off a walkway, and detonates underneath you. Luckily, the walkway absorbs most of the effects, but Diego flies back out the door, and the rest of you fall upwards into the ceiling.
OOC:
Diego needs to make a speed defense check vs 9 to grab something or sail into The Strange.
Jan 26, 2016 3:53 am
"Son of a biiiii....." is all that is heard as Diego flies through the air desperately trying to find something to grab ahold to.
OOC:
Rolling 1s is more fun that rolling 20s any day! :-)
Last edited January 26, 2016 3:54 am

Rolls

Speed Defense - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Jan 26, 2016 3:54 am
Two of the three aliens near you fish weapons out from nearby, weapons meaning chunks of material used in the scaffolding, and jump towards you. Their bulky limbs belie their speed, and they are all up in your face before you can whistle Dixie.
OOC:
T2 attacks AJ, speed defense vs. 9
T3 attacks Eli, speed defense vs. 9
The fourth alien {T4} nearby opens a small hatchway and pulls out some kind of energy weapon. It primes the weapon which clicks on with an ominous hum. It seems ready to fire (next round).

Below you, the sound of numberous hatchways opening echoes through the hollowed-out asteroid. The same ominous hum occurs several more times.
Jan 26, 2016 3:59 am
Diego grabs the edge of the doorway, hanging by one hand as his feet dangle out the hut's door back into space. Looking between his feet, it occurs to him that The Strange is really quite pretty, with the gently perturbing fractals of purple dark energy.
OOC:
With a 18, you can add a minor effect, such as moving Diego into a better spot.
OOC:
It is now Floats turn, followed by Eli, AJ and Diego, then all them energy weapon totin' aliens.
Jan 26, 2016 4:37 am
Trying to dodge the alien's attack, I remember a shard of crystal I still have that I hope will act as a weapon. I thrust the shard at the alien. [radiation spike, lvl 9 cypher]
OOC:
Expending a level of effort.

Rolls

Speed Defense (Specialized) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Attack a/effort - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Jan 26, 2016 9:48 am
With his light blaster out the shaman looks at all the targets and aims at one of the closest. He's concerned about the orb but for now dealing with multiple attackers is more important.
OOC:
Using a level of effort on damage. I think it'd be from Speed pool no?

Rolls

Light weapon attack drops the task one - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jan 26, 2016 10:54 am
Eli attempts to dodge the blaster fire from the vile alien...

(Ooc his resistance cypher is still active so he gets the best of two speed defense rolls)

Rolls

Speed defense - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Speed defense (bonus) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Jan 27, 2016 1:24 am
AJ and Eli each deftly dodge the club attacks.

Floats on Thunder aims his blaster with concentration and fires, striking the alien flailing at Eli in the chest.
OOC:
{T3} has taken 5 damage (2 + 3 for the Effort) - cost for Effort = 3 speed (less speed edge, if applicable).
AJ whips out his crystal shard, and activates it at the creature attacking him. There is a brief hum from the crystal and then a screaming stream of harsh energy strikes the alien. It's flesh erupts into instanteous radiation burns and partially melts. The alien {T2} falls to the ground limply. The shard goes dead in AJs hand, utterly spent.
OOC:
Eli and Diego are up for their actions.
Jan 27, 2016 1:29 am
Diego, white knuckling the door, manages to pull himself forward into the room and towards the alien that is engaged with Eli. Drawing both of his daggers as he's floating through the air he'll slash with both at T3 as he glides by.
OOC:
Basically he's propelling himself through the air in the low gravity. Too much for minor action? Have him crash into something after his attack then.

EDIT: Extra damage on the 19, please.
Last edited January 27, 2016 1:30 am

Rolls

Dual Wield Attack #1 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Dual Wield Attack #2 - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Jan 27, 2016 1:54 am
Eli aims squarely at T4 and lets loose a blast

Rolls

Spike rifle (7+2)=9 damage (1 level of Effort to hit) - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Jan 27, 2016 2:37 am
Diego, gliding through the air, slashes the alien across a vulnerable spot, and the being {T3 is dead} drops, floating downward and away from you. Eli, his spike rifle clear of the close contact, takes advantage of the open air to fire at the alien with the energy weapon in front of them. The alien is slammed to the wall, and floats sideways slowly, spilling a greyish-green bubble stream into the air {T4 is dead}.
OOC:
I think the aliens are up next.
Jan 27, 2016 2:49 am
The scream of energy weapons, like holes being torn from the universe, fill the space around and below you. From multiple directions, lancing fire reaches for your flesh. Three of the aliens have floated into view {T5-7} but the rest are firing through the scaffolding at you.
OOC:
Everyone make two speed defense rolls please. The first one will be at normal (target is 9 if untrained), and one with an asset for cover (target is 6 if untrained). Except AJ, where both rolls will be with an asset (target 6).
Jan 27, 2016 2:56 am
Diego attempts to twist and roll to avoid the incoming fire.

Rolls

Speed Defense #1 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Speed Defense #2 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Jan 27, 2016 11:48 am
Not really knowing the full extent of who was inside the multiple energy beams took Floats on Thunder out of his thoughts and focused on getting out of the way, "Should we call our friend?"

Rolls

Defense Task Level 3 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Defense Task Level 2 - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Jan 27, 2016 12:36 pm
Dodge dodge weave

Rolls

Speed defense #1 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Speed defense (bonus) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Speed defense #2 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Speed defense (bonus #2) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Jan 28, 2016 1:11 am
Diego dodges the first shot, but the second burns through several supports and then his leg. {3 points of might damage}

Floats feels a blast taint his airspace, but he remains unscathed other than some blackening of his enviro suit. A second shot from below harmlessly blasts the edge of the asteroid.

Eli shrugs around two shots that come his way, outwardly non-plussed at the strange weaponry.

The universe waits for AJs next breath.
OOC:
Eli and Diego each critted a speed defence roll. Feel free to embellish your next action in order to describe an advantage created for you or your allies.
Jan 29, 2016 5:32 pm
Launching myself behind the closest cover I can see, I look around for a better vantage point to fire from.
OOC:
The universe is waiting, huh? Glad to know he's universally important.

Rolls

(17) = 17

(1) = 1

load next

Thread locked