Character creation discussion

load previous
Feb 26, 2016 5:02 pm
Looks good! The only 'build advice' I've noticed is common for this game is to increase Attributes at creation (since you can't do so afterwards) and it looks like you did that :)

(posting as character to see how the picture cropping I did works out)
Feb 26, 2016 5:03 pm
so far this is shaping up to sound like it will be a very exciting game. I can't wait to get started!
Feb 26, 2016 5:12 pm
I need to tweak the picture and have the money to actually buy the armor but I think I'm done for now.
Feb 26, 2016 5:38 pm
oh! what ship are we all going to fly in? I've always been partial to the YT-2400
Feb 26, 2016 5:56 pm
That might be part of the first arc/adventure.
Feb 27, 2016 7:09 pm
Candi says:
falryx, are you willing to let us use careers from outside EotE? I ask because a jedi Sentinel (Shadow/Shien Expert), a sort of 'jedi rogue/spy' I think could be very fun (and is different from all my other FFGSW chars, but will still be more than just a blade/blaster).
Yes -- so long as you guys find a happy way to be operating on the moral edge. :)
Feb 27, 2016 7:20 pm
Sorry for the delay -- as I noted elsewhere I was travelling.

You guys made a lot of good progress. I think it's quite possible for a Jedi Shadow to fit with a bounty-hunting group, especially if the targets of the bounties tend to be "bad guys" rather than "good guys". A little more Robin Hood, if you will. The sentinel/shadow path seems very much like a borderline morality class due to their historic role.

I will confirm that a lightsaber-at-start is a no-go. Those things are worth something like 10,000 credits. You'll have to work for one if you want it. You may also need to think about whether or not it's a good idea to get the reputation for having a lightsaber. At some point the Empire will come knocking. That said, FaD have lots of careers/specs that aren't about being a woodchipper. The Force just guides their hand a bit in some of it. The big difference is the Force power availability and even those aren't hideously problematic until they get to be higher-level/investment. To make a truly badass Force user, you need to spend something like 400XP total.

Last up is me working on who our fourth will be. Kjmangle has dibs if we don't get another newbie. I'll poke that thread and see what the plan is.
Feb 27, 2016 7:25 pm
"I'm sorry. They go for how much? Is that like used or brand new? I not trying to steal one I'm just sayin' if I say happen to have found one could I sell it and get some creds? I mean it's not like they scribe their name on the side with laser etching right? No seriously do they?"
Feb 27, 2016 7:25 pm
I opted to go to 5 and offer Kjmangle and Friar Tuk a spot. If the new guy wants in I'll see if one of them wants to hand over a spot or consider taking us to 6. That said, 6 is borderline unwieldy for me.
Feb 27, 2016 7:50 pm
So I'm assuming that the characters we made are all acceptable? Like I said this my first eote game and I want to be sure I'm doing the math right.
Feb 27, 2016 7:53 pm
i'll double check -- but i suspect everything is fine. :)
Feb 27, 2016 8:03 pm
Ok -- looking at it, I don't think your character is complete.

So: Twi'lek: Colonist: Doctor

Br 1
Ag 2
In 2
Cu 2
Wi 2
Pr 3

Starting XP: 100
Obligation 10 (+10 XP)
Obligation 10 (+2500 CR)

So you should have 2500CR + base and 110XP on your character.

Int 2->3 (-30XP)
Int 3->4 (-40XP)

Skills:

Charm 1 (Species 1/1)
Charm 2 (Career 1/4)
Core world 1 (Career 2/4)
Education 1 (career 3/4)
Cool 1 (spec 1/2)
Medicine (spec 2/2)

Talent: Surgeon (-5 XP)
Talent: Grit (-5 XP)

XP Spent: 30 + 40 + 5 + 5 = 80/110. 30 XP left.
Skills spent: 3/4 career, 2/2 spec. 1 career skill left.
Feb 27, 2016 9:25 pm
hmm, I'l looking at the character creator I used, and it says everything is fine... I'll try using a different one later tonight
Feb 27, 2016 9:26 pm
falryx says:
The sentinel/shadow path seems very much like a borderline morality class due to their historic role.
That was precisely my thinking, morally flexible. Also, I tend to build force users around a single power I find interesting, my goal is never to obsolete the rest of the party (or even one other party member). This one is Misdirection.

And, I'd happily already decided to forgo Lightsabering. Who knows, maybe as we play it'll come up and I'll dip into Shien and get some blaster deflection going; but not today!

As far as I understand my character is built (just gotta spend credits).
Feb 27, 2016 11:28 pm
ok, as far as the obligation bonus go, I started with an obligation of 10 as the base for having 4-5 players, and I added 10 +5 for 5 xp and +5 for 1000 credits. that's probably where most of the confusion is

AND I didn't see that I have 2 medicine on me sheet.. I put 1 by mistake.. so that should cover any discrepancies... let me check again

EDIT: raised brawn to 2 and added resolve as a specialty. that should account for everything. on the character sheet I had 3 ranks of medicine and that threw everything off
Last edited February 27, 2016 11:38 pm
Feb 28, 2016 2:45 am
Ok sorry i didn't notice i was accepted. I have been busy last couple days but i will flip through the books for EotE and see what to be.

We have a healer and a striker correct? I've been a slicer, mechanic, medic, and maurader before so i will be looking for something different. I know One class I dont want to be is an entertainer... I dont think i can pull that one off.
Feb 28, 2016 2:52 am
you could be a gambler
Feb 28, 2016 3:07 am
I looked quick and saw politico, entrepreneur, demolition, and maybe outlaw tech. Not much into gambler.

2 slimy classes and 2 maybe crazy class.

I think i can make a character monday.
Last edited February 28, 2016 3:08 am
Feb 28, 2016 2:36 pm
If you want to look at AOR or FAD classes for ideas you can.
Feb 28, 2016 8:19 pm
Sorry all, just noticed this thread. Was watching email on the other thread, subscribed to this one now. Y'all made a lot of good progress.

Assuming there's a spot for me in this game, the character I've been developing is a Corellian Human Smuggler Gunslinger/Pilot. I took Gunslinger to start, with ranks in piloting and plans to take Pilot right away. A quick personality/morality breakdown: this character is cocky and brash; his number one goal is self improvement through adventure; on the "alignment" spectrum, I'd say neutral and chaotic, he values independence, self improvement, and freedom; he's not a hero, but he is brave, brash,and always up for a challenge (affection for underdogs). He abhors the Empire, and avoids official channels whenever possible.

I'll post a bit of background later this evening.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.