Chapter 1, Day 5: The Council at Drellin's Ferry

load previous
Mar 15, 2016 7:59 pm
I run towards the worg. When I'm within range, I throw 2 daggers at it.

Rolls

Attack 1 - (1d20+5, 1d4+3)

1d20+5 : (12) + 5 = 17

1d4+3 : (4) + 3 = 7

Attack 2 - (1d20+5, 1d4+3)

1d20+5 : (3) + 5 = 8

1d4+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

Mar 15, 2016 8:04 pm
Xara dashes forward and tosses two daggers at the lone worg. The first of the two hits the worg clean between the eyes and the creature falls to the ground. Twitches, and then lays still. The second dagger hits the dirt beside the now-corpse.
OOC:
Worg dead
.. Anyone that runs around the corner pursuing the hobgoblin riders finds they have fled a further 80 feet down the main road, heading towards the woods.
Mar 15, 2016 8:14 pm
Pawetha attempts to recover some of the arrows she fired, but it's really a half-gesture as her attention is on the surroundings. She is watchful of any enemy approach.
Mar 15, 2016 8:23 pm
I stride over to my daggers and pick them up, wiping the blood off the one that was imbedded in the worg. "That wasn't so hard. Now what? Follow the other two back to their den?"
Mar 15, 2016 8:31 pm
"No," says Pawetha, pulling arrows from bodies and the ground and inspecting them. "this was probably an advance raid. Let's secure the area and connect with Captain Sorana." The ranger looks for any ladders or easy access to the rooftops, for a better vantage.
Mar 15, 2016 8:52 pm
"Pawetha is right," Zaris says to Xara. The wizard draws his wand out from his belt loop and takes a nervous look across the water. "It doesn't make sense to me as to why they would send just a small group instead of a full force though." He pulls a piece of leather from his pouch and chants over it softly. It glows red for a moment as Zaris tucks it inside his shirt. "I'll take a look with you Pawetha."
OOC:
Mage Armor. AC 15 for the next 8 hours.
Mar 16, 2016 12:32 am
"This was indeed a very small advance party, mayhaps a scouting party that got blood thirsty. The main force of this horde numbers in the thousands comprised mainly of goblin worg riders and hobgoblins but they are reinforced with siege engines, giants and a scarlet dragon." Ghunril grunts as he presses his hand against the blade gash in his side. "I do not think I can engage with another force such as that without attention to these wounds."
Mar 16, 2016 1:12 am
At the mention of my comrade's injuries, I sheath my blade as I walk over to him. "Allow me." A golden light shines from my hand hovering over the wound.

Rolls

Cure Wounds - (1d8+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Mar 16, 2016 1:12 am
"That should be easy enough. Who's got the magic stick? Was it you, Kaiakas?" I turn at that moment and notice him heal our newest team member. "... Or that could work. Great! Good as new."
OOC:
Edited: Great minds think alike!
Last edited March 16, 2016 1:14 am
Mar 16, 2016 1:51 am
I turn to Xara with a confused look. "The staff? Uh ... I don't know. I think it was left at the inn - with my armor."
OOC:
Seriously no idea who has that thing/where it is.
Mar 16, 2016 2:04 am
I just shake my head at him. "You should really learn to sleep with your armor on."
Mar 16, 2016 11:52 am
A look of deep concern crosses Zaris' face. "Thousands?!" he exclaims. "We don't have the means to deal with a force that large! There are too many innocent people here." He looks around back at the village and shakes his head. "Evacuation may be in order.
Mar 16, 2016 12:17 pm
Pawetha finds a low shed that she is able to climb atop to gain access to the roof of a nearby building. From there she can see a good portion of the buildings on this side of the bank are alight, although the fires are being subdued and the air is filled with black smoke. She can make out several groups of riders and hobgoblins fleeing towards the woods from various parts of the city. Their and Sorana's teams resistance appears to have been sufficient to break the attack. She counts maybe two dozen foes in total fleeing.
Mar 16, 2016 5:00 pm
Ghunril stands a bit taller and stretches to see the wound healing under the glowing light of Kaiakas' hands."Thank you my friend." I turn toward Zaris, "Yes, This force cut off my return route to my clan. Their main encampment is in a valley on the Dawn Way next to a small mountain."
Mar 16, 2016 6:17 pm
"Sounds like we should pay that encampment a visit and burn it down."
Mar 16, 2016 6:23 pm
Pawetha sweeps her eyes across her surroundings, looking for signs of Captain Sorana and her forces.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Mar 16, 2016 8:12 pm
Pawetha scans the area but does not see Sorana's forces. As she climbs down from the rooftop, however, she finds that Sorana and her soldiers - some of whom look noticeably injured but all are accounted for - have already met up with her allies, "Seems to have been a small force, although it is a worrying event. This is the first time they've been so brave as to attack the village directly. When you returned I had assumed it was because you dealt with the hobgoblin threat. I take it, this event means you have not."
Mar 16, 2016 8:29 pm
Pawetha snorts. "We returned in order to warn you folks of the true severity of this hobgoblin threat."
Mar 16, 2016 8:41 pm
Sorana sheathes her blade, "The council will meet at daybreak, you'll probably want a few hours to eat and clean up." She turns to one of the men at her side, "Rally the soldiers, and double the watch on this side of the bank. If you see a hobgoblin or a worg, shoot it."
Mar 16, 2016 10:35 pm
"Any way to find out if other towns were attacked?" Maybe they were just testing the waters. Or maybe they're trying to hide their true plans. That's what I'd do. But maybe not everyone is like me.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.