Chapter 1 - The Red Waterfall

load previous
Mar 31, 2015 5:56 pm
Ewan tries to get up as quickly and nonchalantly as he can and swing for the head.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Damage - (1d10+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Apr 1, 2015 8:00 pm
Ewan rises and swings swiftly for the spider's head but looses his footing and the glaive lands firmly into the truck of a tree. The spider lunges to bite his shoulder as Ewan pivots around putting the tree between himself and the creature. It lets out an annoyed hiss and scampers back.

OOC:

Round 3

1. Good guys
2. Spider
3. Mac and Ghelin would be arriving to the scene now in my opinion.
Apr 1, 2015 10:01 pm
With the spider focusing its attention on Ewan, Kicsi draws Kard and moves in to attack. Spotting what she thinks is an opening she sprints forward and slashes at the spider's right side, following up with a swift kick to one of its legs.

Rolls

Kard Attack Roll - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Kard Damage [Piercing] - (1d6+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Bonus Action Unarmed Strike - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

Unarmed Strike Damage [Bludgeoning] - (1d4+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Apr 2, 2015 4:27 pm
Ewan leaves the glaive stuck in the tree for now and draws his short sword. Maybe he'll have better luck getting close and intimate with this thing.

Rolls

Short sword attack - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

Damage - (1d6+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Apr 2, 2015 4:29 pm
Ghelin yells "Seems like you two got yourself into some trouble" as he emerges from the bushes. He then casts Guiding bolt at the giant spider. (Anyone's next attack has advantage if this hits)

Rolls

Spell Attack - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Guiding Bolt dmg - (4d6)

(4132) = 10

Apr 6, 2015 1:37 am
The spider's right side splits open and spills a blackish-green ooze onto the ground while her kick breaks one of its legs, dropping it down to the ground just as Ewan's sword cuts through the air where its head just was. Ewan shakes his head as he pulls to the glaive free from the tree. The air then glows as Ghelin's bolt guides right into the thick abdomen of the spider with a flash. More ooze spills out and the creature flops motionless to the forrest floor.
Apr 6, 2015 2:49 am
Kicsi jumps back as Ghelin's spell fatally tears into the spider. "Excellent!"

Nodding to the dwarf she adds, "Good timing, my friend! He was a bit bigger than he looked at first. Glad you were able to help us."

She moves towards the spider's head and starts the gruesome task of retrieving her dart from its injured eye. "Hopefully we didn't cause too much of a commotion. I would still like to take a look at that village before any of its inhabitants get a look at us."
Apr 7, 2015 2:06 am
Finally, Mac approached the group from behind. His face stuck in his book, he hadn't the faintest idea what had just happened, or what was even right in front of him. "Hey guys!" he called out, taking his face from his book for a split second - just long enough to see the spider on the ground. The wizard shrieked and dropped his book on the ground, before quickly picking it up, "I take it that I missed something?"
Apr 7, 2015 2:55 am
"Glad you could join us, Mac. Thought you might have gotten lost back there", she laughs as she wipes spider eye-goo from her recently retrieved dart. "I'm going to take a quick search around here, see if the spidey has any friends around."

Kicsi will take an action to search the immediate area, looking for signs of other spiders or any loot that may be around from victims.

Rolls

Search (Perception) - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Apr 8, 2015 1:58 am
As Kicsi rummages through the area she stumbles across a few daggers half buried in the ground. One is actually in pretty good shape and might be worth something. A few meters from the dead spider she finds a tree covered in cobwebs. Cocooned in the middle appears to be something large enough to be human but it is so completely wound it is hard to tell. At the foot of the tree is a small leather pouch, filled with silver nuggets.
Apr 8, 2015 2:17 am
Kicsi will pick up the pouch with the silver nuggets, "This may come in handy at some point", and shoves it in her pack.

Looking at the neatly wrapped victim she ask the others, "Hey guys, anyone want to take a look at what the spidey might have been eating?"
Apr 8, 2015 2:27 pm
Ghelin says "Well let's see if the spidey's snack is still wiggling." He then goes up and pokes the cocooned victim with his hammer.
Apr 8, 2015 5:43 pm
"Dead or alive, I think we'd better see what's in there."
Apr 9, 2015 12:57 am
Ghelin's nudge sends the victim swaying lightly in the morning breeze. Kicsi approaches a gently pushes Ghelin aside and a with a few quick slices the cocoon falls to the ground with a light thud.

A few more cuts and the spider webs are cleared away to reveal the body of a small boy, not more than eight or nine summers old. The poor child is covered in blistered sores and his skin hangs loosely about his frame. You're not sure if it was the sickness or the spider that has him so dehydrated.
Apr 9, 2015 3:23 am
Seeing the boy, Mac quickly bent down to check if he was conscious, or even still alive.
Apr 9, 2015 8:39 pm
Sadly, the boy is quite dead.
Apr 10, 2015 12:10 am
Kicsi bows her head and says a little prayer for the boy.

"I wonder if someone in the village is looking for this little guy?" she says softly to the others.
Apr 10, 2015 1:06 am
As the early morning sun climbs higher you see signs of life around the village. Farmers make their way into the fields to finish the fall harvest, small children are seen playing in the square, and others move about their day to day lives. But something seems a bit off as you watch them. They all seem to moving at a slower than usual pace.
Apr 10, 2015 6:35 pm
Ghelin says a short prayer for the soul of the boy. "... may he find peace in the afterlife."
He then decides to pick up the body "Let us give closure for his family. A burial so they can say their goodbyes." Ghelin starts to march towards the village carrying the boy.
Apr 10, 2015 6:38 pm
"I have a bad feeling about this," Ewan says. He walks alongside Ghelin, holding his glaive, eyes on the villagers.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.