Episode 1 - Rebel Insertion

May 28, 2016 8:50 pm
It was a quiet night at the Zoomadrome, with a third-tier droid demolition derby on the field. Die-hard gamblers and hard-up sports fans were the only people around. Oh, and insurrectionists.

"Don't ever meet in public!" they had said back in training. And then what is the first order you get? You got it in one. But "just this once", until you have something better set-up.

So here you are, trying not to look over your shoulder. Looking for these almost-strangers who are your team, the only people you can trust. Your new family.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Jun 3, 2016 11:00 pm
Lek stood at the edge of the arena, looking half interested at the carnage on the field. He'd gotten in early and had chatted with some of the old-timers who looked like they lived on the benches they occupied. The event was filler for those who needed distraction and those who needed to lose money.

Before the others arrived, Lek reflected on the last time they'd all been together. Trying to imprint the faces of each other so they wouldn't forget. They'd been strangers not much earlier and now they had to pretend to be strangers again.

It looked like the low-key event was the perfect time to meet. It was busy enough to make a group not stand out too much, but there was also plenty of space to chat without being overheard.

A knot formed in Lek's stomach as he saw the first familiar face walk in...
Jun 3, 2016 11:08 pm
http://media1.fdncms.com/bend/imager/kenny-rogers-was-a-much-better-gambler/u/original/2147525/film_21.jpg

walking toward the edge of the arena, Tisha, in disguise, walks over to Lek. She looks every bit as natural walking over and 'coincidentally' resting her elbows on the barrier and leaning forward near Lek. Tisha looks around at the track and the droid derby going on. With a look of casual indifference she turns around, resting backwards on the railing. Without looking at Lek she says softly three more and we have a party...
Jun 3, 2016 11:51 pm
Those of you at the track see/hear a ping on your comms. A semi-familiar voice pipes up, through the weird digital distortion static indicating the use of a comms scrambler, "Hey there kids. Don't worry, this is a secure channel. Mostly. Take a peek at the pit crew."

Anyone who looks is treated to a nonchalant hand wave by one of the pit crew members, indistinguishable from the others in their grease stained workers coveralls.
Jun 4, 2016 12:23 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/the_professional2/Fedon%20in%20Disguise.jpg

Fenn passes in a seedy area devoid of people for the most part in a disguise of someone else and looks at his commlink. Seeing the message he looks in the general area of where she's reffering to even though he can't see it before looking around, "We're exposed here, it's good we don't have to all be in the same area to talk somewhat freely, hopefully we won't have to get our hands any dirtier this week with needless blood. Everyone get what we needed completed?" he states when he's alone quietly getting straight to the point.
Last edited June 4, 2016 12:27 am
Jun 4, 2016 12:27 am
Tish pretends to be absorbed in the derby as she watches and leans over the side

Always straight to the point without so much as a "hello" as always... I may have found a place underground that would suit our purposes. And what do you mean by 'dirtier', dear Fenn?
Jun 4, 2016 12:43 am
OOC:
Finally got it to load. XD
"I can be pleasant when I'm dead. Good. We're going to need to survey it and see how big of a place it is. See what can be done for shielding if it's suitable and what it has for bringing up power masked on the grid. If we can get a working go between staging area we can start working towards the secure comms array and relay points to multi bounce the encrypted fragments." he states before pausing, they knew he wasn't the squeamish type during basic training, dirty meant that being dirty.

"How else do you get in with people that think you're below their station Tisha, helped them hide the bodies literally and they think they can Lord it over you. It's working out for now and I have an insurance policy in case it goes sideways..." he adds Tisha probably hearing his words becoming almost dripping with toxins at one point.
Jun 4, 2016 12:48 am
no need to be touchy, sweetie. When number five shows I can give you the information on the site, we can inspect and talk more freely there.
Jun 4, 2016 3:13 am
Dalla strolls through the entrance with her rifle slung over her back and drops it off to be checked, trying to make some idle banter, asking who is the one to bet on and what odds are going. She really has never cared for the track, but hunters love to find anything to bet on to get some side creds.

She finds her way up near the more seedy looking participants no doubt shouting for their favorite derby participant. When she is lost in the crowd she responds on comms. Couple of rich snobs at a demolition derby. Real low key. At least the old man and the mechanic have it right.
Jun 4, 2016 3:21 am
you've never heard of slumming? oh, my mistake, of course you have. Anyway, here is the location of the area I've discovered. I'll leave first and everyone follows in 45 minute intervals. we'll meet there.

Tisha sends coordinates on the secured channel
Jun 4, 2016 3:24 am
You're supposed to be an actress. Act like you belong, Dalla responds flatly as she waves over a drink at the track side bar.

I'll go last. Got business to attend to, she adds as an audible slurping is heard over comms. It cuts out just as she starts to shout, "30 creds on the protocol droid!"
Jun 4, 2016 3:35 am
Tisha makes her way out of the arena and will take a circuitous route to make sure she isn't being followed.
Jun 4, 2016 9:25 am
Lek shakes his head at the banter of the others. The rebellion couldn't have sent a more dissimilar group of hotheads to do this work. But then again, that's probably what it takes.

After the next bout ends, He stretches and rips up his last losing ticket.

"See you all soon." he mumbles when out of ear- and eyeshot of other people and walks out of the building.
Jun 4, 2016 10:37 am
OOC:
Odds of contestants:
Astromech: 2:1
Maintenance droid: 4:1
Scavenger droid: 5:2
Protocol droid: 30:1

Has anybody else made a bet? I'll roll a d100. First 50 astromech wins. Next 25 maintenance droid wins. Next 15 it's the scavenger and anything above 90 the protocol droid wins.
Jun 4, 2016 10:53 am
OOC:
Ain't got time for betting.
Fenn makes his way out eventually of the meetup going to random stops afterwards after an some time when he doesn't think anyone is following he starts looking to navigate to the location.
Jun 4, 2016 5:13 pm
OOC:
I'll just find out who wins the derby...

THE AASTROMEEEEECCHHH!

He has successfully defended his title!

Rolls

And the winner is.... - (1d100)

(10) = 10

Jun 5, 2016 2:00 am
Ah, Krif, I mutter to myself and then head out. Following a slightly disjointed path. Not the first time I've had to make a route and make sure I wasn't followed.
Jun 5, 2016 7:48 pm
Every sentient on Corellia knows of the huge network of tunnels under their feet, burrowed out, expanded on and enhanced by hundreds of generations of Selonians. Many have even visited; the upper levels around some human cities are basically extensions of the city; where the humans built up the Selonians delved down. And in these days of Imperial xenophobia the tunnels are significantly more cosmopolitan than the cities above; countless species from all around the Galaxy make their homes here, living, working and dying beneath the surface.

But few know the private places. The dens where the majority of the Selonians on the planet live their days are deeper, farther from the cities, sometimes beneath the oceans. Here the species can be themselves, free from the need to package themselves to the tastes of outsiders.

And then there are the abandoned tunnels. If you are lucky you will find only wild animals in these. It's not unknown for bandits, smugglers or other criminals to use the tunnels as a hideout. And where the criminals go CorSec, or the Empire, follow. The known tunnels are swept sporadically, when the people enforcing the laws need to put on a show of finding someone or if they get a reliable tip.

There are also some places even the Imperials don't go.
You make your way to the co-ordinates that you were given and find an old entrance to some Selonian tunnels, just beneath the newly-constructed Imperial Museum. The entrance has long been boarded-up, but the workmanship was poor or hurried and gaps have appeared. Inside is dark, but using your glowstick you can see that this was once a busy tunnel, with space enough for speeders to travel two abreast.

As you move further the tunnel comes to an abrupt end where it intersects another, larger tunnel at a right angle. Mere metres to your left you can see that the tunnel has collapsed, and who-knows-how-many tons of rubble block your way. To the right the tunnel goes off into darkness.

One thing that you can be sure of; nobody will see you here.
Jun 6, 2016 1:45 pm
Fenn lets out a short low whistle. Someone wouldn’t see you here for sure or find the body either for that matter if you got yourself killed. Looking to Metro he looked down until the light of his glowrod couldn’t filter out the darkness and the pitch back stayed where it was masking whatever lurked centimeters out of sight of the light source.

"Did you find out how long these tunnels were or if anything or anyone comes down here?" Fenn inquires looking at the ground looking for tracks of recent use but started shaking his head, if someone came by in a speeder there wouldn’t be any tracks that didn’t mean no one had been by though in the last few months or years.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.