Chapter 2, Day 11

load previous
Jul 13, 2016 12:55 pm
Zaris smiles wryly. "It seemed things were taking an unfortunate turn," he says, scanning the horizon.
Jul 13, 2016 4:20 pm
Pawetha notices that the others seemed to have notice her. So much for stealth; sneaking around a marsh is very different than the forest. She slaps some mud across her cheeks and scuttles over to Xara.
Jul 19, 2016 3:45 am
"Now what? You think anyone else noticed?" I look around for any other lizard enemies running in our direction.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Jul 19, 2016 1:04 pm
Scanning the area Pawetha's keen eyes pick out what look to be sentries atop the half-submerged buildings in the middle of the lake. She also sees huts roughly evenly spaced around the perimeter, like they one behind them. A few reed boats are out in the lake, lizardfolk within them casting nets into the water. No alarm has been raised, and none of the inhabitants of the lake appear to have noticed that the group just took out six of their kind. Eitehr that, or they don't care.
Jul 19, 2016 2:11 pm
Catching up to the rest of the group finally, I look around, "What now?"
Jul 20, 2016 4:15 pm
Pawetha points out the sentries. "I'm guessing whoever's in charge is in one of those buildings out there. I don't see a bridge so I think we'd have to swim or float across on one of these rafts."
Jul 20, 2016 4:34 pm
"We might have a better chance of going undetected in one of the rafts if we wait until dark. With Kaiakas in armor I think swimming would be out of the question."
Jul 20, 2016 5:29 pm
"That's a good idea," nods Pawetha. "Let's grab some of those clothes from the bodies. We can wait here until nightfall. Ghunril, you stand a better chance of passing for lizardfolk from a distance; maybe you stay in sight while the rest of us keep low. We'll make this hut look occupied and hope that no one comes to investigate."

The ranger moves to retrieve the bodies where it's easy enough, not only to acquire their possessions, but also to keep them hidden from casual observation.
Jul 21, 2016 12:51 pm
"I agree," Zaris adds going to grab clothing from the nearest body. "I hope night arrives quickly." Zaris looks back towards the horizon. "Time is of the essence."
Jul 25, 2016 3:37 am
I look at the bodies for anything of interest. Maybe they have shinies?

Rolls

Investigation? - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Jul 25, 2016 3:56 am
Searching the bodies Xara finds little more than a dozen gold coins and their rusted weapons and equipment.

After a couple hours of keeping low, the two lizard folk who had set out earlier to go fishing start back towards the hut in their reed boat. They don't seem to have noticed that anything is strange, as you've hidden the corpses well and have kept yourselves out of sight as you wait for nightfall.
Jul 25, 2016 4:10 am
Pawetha whispers, "We should try and take one of them alive. Find out what it knows." The ranger looks for a spot to lay in wait, whether behind furniture or in the rafters above the door.
Jul 25, 2016 4:16 am
"We can try, but it turns out I can't understand a word they're saying...does anyone speak lizard?"
Jul 25, 2016 5:08 am
"I speak draconic," shrugs Pawetha. "Maybe it's a dialect."
Jul 25, 2016 12:19 pm
Zaris frowns. "Perhaps Xara you would be able to sneak closer and listen to them before we take a hostage?"
Jul 25, 2016 1:06 pm
I throw my hands in the air. "That's what I was doing!"
Jul 25, 2016 3:13 pm
"I would be surprised if the creatures speak draconic, and I'm not sure its worth the risk of the noise to try and capture one. we should kill them both and follow the plan to sneak into the tower under the cover of darkness."
Jul 25, 2016 4:17 pm
The reed boat is a hundred feet or so from shore...
OOC:
Your next post is your action! If you are hiding, make a Stealth Check. If you are listening/looking make a Perception Check.
Jul 25, 2016 4:29 pm
I smile and clasp Ghunril on the shoulder. "I like this plan. We should ambush these two." I look to Xara with a wicked gleam in my eye. "Unless of course we plan on using certain methods to make them talk."
OOC:
Well that roll sucked. I don't suppose anyone wants to throw mud on me to help hide my obvious ass? LOL
Last edited July 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+0)

(4) = 4

Jul 25, 2016 5:11 pm
Pawetha settles in for her ambush. She goes so far as to conjure up the Minor Illusion of a chair or bed to place in front of her and shield her from view; something similar to the furniture in the hut.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+6)

(8) + 6 = 14

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.