Chapter 2, Day 11

load previous
Aug 13, 2016 8:00 am
Pawetha shrugs. It's close enough to nightfall that by the time they near the central buildings, the darkness should obscure them well enough. The ranger settles her gear and waits for everyone to finish their preparations.
Aug 22, 2016 1:54 am
I climb into Paws' boat. "You need help steering?"
OOC:
Kaiakas and Paws are on one boat. Should I assume Zaris and Ghundril are in the other?
Aug 22, 2016 8:11 pm
Zaris and Ghundril climb into the second boat and push off a few feet into the water. "Ready when you are," he says to Xara and company.
Aug 23, 2016 10:53 pm
As night darkness falls and you load yourself into the reed boat, you notice another boat from the opposite shore with six lizardfolk in it pull up to the central building sticking out from the water in the middle of the lake. They disembark and head inside the building. A few minutes later, you've now climbed into your boats and are preparing to head off, you hear a tremendous roar followed by two wailing screams. Four lizardfolk scramble back down to their boat and hurriedly make their way to the opposite shore.

As you make your way across the lake you notice several hobgoblins and lizard folk patrolling the tops of the buildings in the middle of the lake.
OOC:
You're about halfway across the lake at this point - anything you want to do, or just carry on?
Aug 23, 2016 11:39 pm
Ready for battle, I keep a careful eye out for any threats as we continue across the lake.
Last edited August 23, 2016 11:40 pm
Aug 23, 2016 11:44 pm
Pawetha strains her ears and considers if she just heard a dragon. She checks the position of the sun and moon to see how much cover of night they have.
Aug 24, 2016 12:27 am
Pawetha is certain that the bellowing roar was that of a dragon, although she can't say for sure how old, or how big it is. A thick blanket of clouds is rolling in as the sun sets, suggesting that it will be a deep, lightless night. Although, glancing back up at the guards atop of the buildings in the middle of the lake, Pawetha is pretty sure that goblinoids and lizardfolk can see quite well in the dark...

Rolls

Weather - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Aug 24, 2016 1:33 am
"Hey Paws, what's going on? See anything?" I'm lying on my back staring up at the night sky. It's not like I can see much of anything. Maybe we should have lit a torch.
Aug 24, 2016 8:16 pm
Zaris' head shoots around at the sound of what he knows all to well to be a dragon. "This is not good," he whispers drawing his wand. "We're sitting ducks in these boats. We better get somewhere safer quickly." He looks around at his companions. "Should we make for shore?"
Aug 27, 2016 12:24 pm
OOC:
Here's the map again. You started a the bottom left corner "1", and have struck out from there direct for the middle of the lake. You are just about where the tops of buildings start to appear above the surface of the water. The bellowing sound came from the building marked "3" which looks like the top stories of a town hall. The building marked "2" is the top half of a bell tower. What's the plan? Night is falling, which will provide you some cover, but not as much as you might hope as hobgoblins and lizardfolk have darkvision (although darkvision is colourless)
Aug 27, 2016 3:52 pm
OOC:
Are the buildings #2 and #3 connected in any way?
"We can make for either the bell tower, or the big town hall in the center," says Pawetha. "The big place in the center is where the lizardfolk went; my guess is that's the dragon's lair. Maybe we head there?" She curls up into ball in order to promote the appearance of cargo in the boat, and keeps her head upright to maintain her observations.

"Kaiakas, I don't care if it smells bad, put on those lizardman clothes over your armor."
Aug 27, 2016 4:00 pm
OOC:
It doesn't appear that they are connected. There's no bridges, at least. If they are, they are not connected above the surface of the water. Both have wood platforms just above the water's surface that you could reach from a boat - obviously designed for that purpose.
Aug 28, 2016 3:43 am
"Good idea, I'll take cover!" I jump into the water and attempt to hold the side of the boat, using it to block myself from view as much as possible. I'm pretty sure I'm invisible to whatever is watching us.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+6)

(20) + 6 = 26

Aug 28, 2016 11:58 am
OOC:
Xara, can I get an athletics check as well to swim with the boat
Aug 28, 2016 3:03 pm
I paddle unevenly in my attempt to keep up with the boat.

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20-1)

(12) - 1 = 11

Aug 29, 2016 11:49 am
"The main building should be our goal," Zaris says looking towards their destination. "We need to know what we are up against."
Last edited August 29, 2016 11:49 am
Aug 29, 2016 4:21 pm
"A dragon, that much is obvious," quips Pawetha. "I'd wager we'd find some hobgoblins in the mix, too. Hopefully if we make it to the big building, we'll have some time before those in the bell tower arrive to reinforce."

She ties one end of a coil of rope to the boat, and trails the other end out to Xara to assist her swim.
Aug 29, 2016 10:49 pm
"Yes, the dragon. But there could be more. The biggest threat is not alway the most dangerous," Zaris quips right back, rolling his eyes at Paws.
Aug 29, 2016 10:54 pm
Pawetha pauses, rolling Zaris' words around her in head. "Are you flirting with me," she asks, plainly, "or was that your attempt at a short joke?"
Aug 29, 2016 11:37 pm
"I'll choose not to respond to that Paws," Zaris says flatly.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.