Chapter 2, Day 11

load previous
Mar 5, 2018 7:12 pm
As I decide which necklace best matches my outfit, I take a look at the iron coffer. "Might as well check for surprises on this thing."

Rolls

Checking for traps - (1d20+6)

(1) + 6 = 7

Mar 5, 2018 9:24 pm
Xara sees no traps.
OOC:
Ghunril: Well, I'm not being THAT nice. You'll have to trust that I pick or conjure something useful for whomever wants it. You all just need to decide who its for and then I'll get to work ;)
Mar 5, 2018 9:29 pm
I look for a latch and throw it open!
Mar 6, 2018 2:43 pm
OOC:
I had to try didn't I? Does anyone mind if Ghunril takes the magical weapon, whatever it may end up being?
Mar 6, 2018 3:08 pm
The inside of the iron coffer contains a single item. A delicate chain of adamantium threaded with a lion's claw and teeth. A strong aura of necromancy radiates from it, so strong that even those without a hint of magical ability sense it for what it is.
Mar 6, 2018 4:24 pm
"Huh. Seems kinda dead." Losing interest, I hand it off to whoever wants it.
OOC:
Sure, Xara is pretty happy with her weapons.
Mar 6, 2018 4:35 pm
Pawetha takes the iron coffer, suppressing a shudder that courses through her bones. "Okay, I guess this is what the Ghostlord isn't supposed to get?" she says, voice croaking with discomfort. "Maybe we ought to be good sam'ratans and return it to its rightful owner."
OOC:
I've documented our recovered treasure in The Loot Thread, indicating who has claimed what so far
Mar 6, 2018 6:19 pm
OOC:
Excellent -- I assume Kai will be taking that full plate? I don't think any of the rest of you wear that clunky stuff.

If that's the case, that stat boosting necklace, will be a Necklace of Swiftness (While wearing it, you have 20 Dexterity).

Javelin below, plate as well. I modified the plate a bit by altering the Etherealness spell. I'm giving you something I think is cool, but it's technically Legendary quality so I've toned it back a touch.
OOC:

Javelin of Lighting

This javelin is a +1 magic weapon (+1 attack, +1 damage). When you hurl it and speak its command word, it transforms into a bolt of lightning, forming a line 5 feet wide that extends out from you to a target within 120 feet. Each creature in the line excluding you and the target must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw, taking 4d6 lightning damage on a failed save, and half as much damage on a successful one. The lightning bolt turns back into a javelin when it reaches the target. Make a ranged weapon attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes damage from the javelin plus 4d6 lightning damage.

The javelin's property can't be used again until the next dawn. In the meantime, the javelin can still be used as a magic weapon.

Proficiency with a javelin allows you to add your proficiency bonus to the attack roll for any attack you make with it.
OOC:
Plate Armor of Etherealness
While you're wearing this armor, you can speak its command word as an action to gain the effect of the etherealness spell, which last for 10 minutes or until you remove the armor or use an action to speak the command word again. This property of the armor can't be used again until the next dawn.

Plate consists of shaped, interlocking metal plates to cover the entire body. A suit of plate includes gauntlets, heavy leather boots, a visored helmet, and thick layers of padding underneath the armor. Buckles and straps distribute the weight over the body.

Str 15 Required, Stealth Disadvantage

Etherealness
CASTING TIME
1 Action

RANGE/AREA
Self

COMPONENTS
V, S

DURATION
10 Rounds (1 minute)**

SCHOOL
Transmutation

You step into the border regions of the Ethereal Plane, in the area where it overlaps with your current plane. You remain in the Border Ethereal for the duration or until you use your action to dismiss the spell. During this time, you can move in any direction. If you move up or down, every foot of movement costs an extra foot. You can see and hear the plane you originated from, but everything there looks gray, and you can't see anything more than 60 feet away.

While on the Ethereal Plane, you can only affect and be affected by other creatures on that plane. Creatures that aren't on the Ethereal Plane can't perceive you and can't interact with you, unless a special ability or magic has given them the ability to do so.

You ignore all objects and effects that aren't on the Ethereal Plane, allowing you to move through objects you perceive on the plane you originated from.

When the spell ends, you immediately return to the plane you originated from in the spot you currently occupy. If you occupy the same spot as a solid object or creature when this happens, you are immediately shunted to the nearest unoccupied space that you can occupy and take force damage equal to twice the number of feet you are moved.

This spell has no effect if you cast it while you are on the Ethereal Plane or a plane that doesn't border it, such as one of the Outer Planes.

**The spell length is reduced compared to the normal rules for this spell
Mar 9, 2018 7:29 pm
Pawetha pockets the iron coffer. "If that's all, we should get out of here. Gotta slip past those lizardfolk and get back to our boats, then we can rest with the elves and tell them about driving off that dragon. Then maybe we can pay this Ghostlord a visit?"
Mar 9, 2018 8:12 pm
"Yeah, sure, we could do that." I shove the gold necklace and gems into one of my many pouches and secure them deep in my backpack

"Hey Paws, want this thing? Could be good for making an entrance, ya know?" I wave the horn at her.
Mar 9, 2018 8:29 pm
Pawetha shrugs. "I'm not much for horns," she says. "I play the flute, though."
Mar 13, 2018 4:39 am
"Really? That's great! Maybe we can play a duet one of these days." I pocket the horn for safekeeping.
Mar 13, 2018 1:43 pm
Now that we have successfully stripped a dragon of its horde we should get a move on. I think its probably safest not to linger in the den of a dragon we just robbed. Ghunril settles his bandolier and his spears, holding his new javelin in his hand, ready to move out.
Mar 13, 2018 3:13 pm
"I’m not too worried. He left ‘cuz he was afraid of us. He knew we could take ‘em down. On the other hand, I’ve got lots of spending and celebrating to do so that’s enough of a reason to get a move on!"
Mar 13, 2018 4:56 pm
Pawetha nods. "To the boats, then."
Mar 22, 2018 3:15 am
"Alright, but I'm not paddling."
Mar 22, 2018 1:34 pm
You get into the boats and begin to slowly make your way for the shoreline. It's steady going as the boats are weighed down with all your new loot and wealth, but the slower pace affords an opportunity to notice something amiss. The lizard folk villages are busy, with lizardfolk piling into boats, and others already in the water, heading towards you.
Mar 22, 2018 4:13 pm
Pawetha pauses her share of paddling the boat, and looks uncertainly at the approaching lizardfolk to gauge their intentions. "Maybe they're happy to see us?"

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Mar 22, 2018 5:46 pm
The lizardfolk - who are approaching from all sides of the lake - appear to be heading towards the building where the dragon's den was located, and not towards your boats specifically. Although, those directly in your pathway will intercept you on their way.
Mar 22, 2018 6:23 pm
"Boots, maybe they'll avoid us if they see you?" Pawetha says to Ghunril, though her voice belies the fact that she isn't confident in that outcome.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.