Chapter 2, Day 11

load previous
Jan 3, 2018 8:07 pm
"Skill. By the time you’ve killed your 20th ogre, it gets pretty easy. You’ll see, one day. Great job, everyone!"
Jan 3, 2018 10:46 pm
OOC:
Can I get some perception checks as you toss the place.
Jan 3, 2018 11:18 pm
Pawetha spends some time trying to recover as many arrows as she can while she inspects the area.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Jan 3, 2018 11:24 pm
"Good idea, let’s see if they left anything behind..."

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Jan 3, 2018 11:30 pm
I agree, this place wouldn't be so heavily guarded if there wasn't something here.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Jan 5, 2018 2:09 am
Kaiakas noticed Ghunril as being badly injured, so the paladin walks over and lays a hand on the monk [Lay on Hands: 15 of 20]. A golden glow spreads over the dragonborn's body, healing him completely.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Jan 5, 2018 2:06 pm
Feeling the healing power flow through him from the paladin Ghunril exhales in relief. Thank you my friend.
Jan 5, 2018 4:24 pm
"Who else is hurt?" asks Pawetha. "We can try and secure the doors and post a watch up top to give us time to rest."
[ +- ] Pawetha's combat statistics
Jan 5, 2018 4:50 pm
"I feel great! Kinda wish the dragon was here so I could take care of it too, but I guess you can’t have everything."
Jan 11, 2018 3:35 pm
I agree with Paws. We should try and fortify this position and recover. There might be something hidden in this building that intensive searching might reveal as well.
Jan 11, 2018 3:39 pm
"Makes sense. Higher ground?"
Jan 12, 2018 2:43 pm
You search thoroughly and do find a few things. Off the main chamber where you felled the ogres are two well kept rooms. One a torture chamber. It is clean, well organized, although grim. Small barbed cages rest against the wall, not quite large enough to stand in and not quite wide enough to sit in. Several barrels of water are on the floor, leaning against one is a bloodstained mob. A simple cot and chair round out the room contents. Flipping the cot, you find a small coffer. Inside is 155 gold, 320 silver, and a fine ruby-set bracelet in the shape of a lion (valued at 200 gp).

Opposite the torture chamber is the room that the dragon rider must have in habited. Three large animals -- a leopard, wild boar, and a crocodile -- stand at the ready in the southern portion of this room ... but on second inspection, they prove to be stuffed and mounted for display. The walls are decorated with a striking tapestry depicting a five-headed dragon in a pose of destructive rage. A free-standing perch for a falcon or eagle stands in the room's northwest corner. A cot heaped with fine furs lies to the west, next to a large table. Atop the table lies a dead batlike creature, its abdomen cleaned and stuffed with salt and wood chips, and its wings pinned to the table's surface with several thin pins. An iron chest is under the table. The chest is locked.

Finally, the chamber the dragon emerged from. It is a large room that might have once been a library. Now its shelves lie in disarray along the east and western walls. No sign of any books are apparent. A large portion of the ceiling is missing -- this must have been the opening through which the dragon ascended into the sky--, as is a corresponding portion of the floor, which opens into the dark waters of the lake below.
Jan 12, 2018 4:06 pm
I check the locked chest for traps before working on the lock.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Unlike chest - (1d20+6)

(2) + 6 = 8

Jan 13, 2018 11:23 pm
Kaiakas looks around with disgust, especially at the tapestry of Tiamat.
OOC:
Sorry, why did we come here?
Jan 14, 2018 12:50 am
Xara finds no traps or tricks, and gets to work on the chest. It's a strong lock, and her skills don't seem to be up to the task...
OOC:
You came here because, you obtained a map indicating that the Red Hand Hoard had a presence in the ruins of Rhest (which is were you presently are, Rhest is an ancient city that is now a lake). Upon arriving in this marshland region, you fought and killed a Razorfiend --
some kind of dragon demon hybrid -- and met an elf who was hunting it. The creature you killed, you learned, had killed the elfs sibling.
Returning with him to his home, you met the rest of their tribe and found out that the lizardfolk in the region have become more aggressive, and that the razorfiends have become common invaders since the dragon took up roost in the ruins of Rhest. Seeing alignment in your goals with their troubles, they provided some aid and directions.

You've now scared off the dragon, and killed the defenders of this outpost in the middle of the lake.

This is the battle plans for the Red Hand, which motivated you to investigate The Blackfens and has led you to the ruins of Rhest
Jan 14, 2018 1:52 am
Pawetha spends the time looking for any documents or clues to the Red Hand's goals in this region. Not finding anything besides stuffed animals, she mutters, "Hopefully that chest contains something worthwhile."
Jan 14, 2018 2:19 am
OOC:
Thanks! It had been a while.
Jan 15, 2018 4:08 pm
Seeing Xara struggle with the lock Ghunril offers what help he can, Should we try to break it?
OOC:
Can you take 20 on lockpicking? I don't think we are pressed for time just not sure if that is allowed.
Jan 15, 2018 6:12 pm
Looking it over, Ghunril figures that while the chest is made of sturdy enough wood and banded with iron, it's still made of wood. A series of well placed strikes, probably with a mace or other blunt instrument, would certain grant entry.
OOC:
Taking 20 would mean taking a couple hours to meticulously and carefully work the lock
Jan 18, 2018 4:27 am
"Sure, why not? Do your worst."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.